Page 33 of 114 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So, WM is $5 pretty much everywhere, Target is $5.99, and there's the Toys for Tots think they're supposedly hyping on radio (but I've not heard anything about outside of collector sites). Maybe some of the crap early figures will finally move.

I know I'm harping on it, but have there been any sightings of the second wave of Target mini-vehicles beyond one or two scattered finds that could have resulted from a mixup somewhere? Is there a street date on these? I've seen every other exclusive by now, and nada. Some stores are finally getting barren of the first waves, aside from the crappy Grand Slam set, so it seems like they should be showing up.
    I actually first heard about the Toys-for-Tots promotion on the radio. It's what prompted me to check out the GI Joe section for the first time in months and I found that new Resolute Snake-Eyes.

The promotion seems to be working because about half of the figures from the GI Joe section have disappeared in the last week (although the $5 clearance pricetag might have something to do with that too).
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The Snarler Cycle is sorta cheap. It looks good as a display piece, but the play value is low because of the quality. For two figures and a bike, $17 isn't bad. Trouble is, I just wanted the bike. Beach Head comes with a unique (I think) backpack that holds a unique 2-part crossbow, and the bike comes with extra Arashikage sigil stickers that aren't mentioned on the instruction sheet. Odd.

The mini-Night Raven is much better. I would've preferred axing the cool electronic effects for a bigger plane, one the Strato-Viper could properly sit in, but it's decent. I put the MARS stickers on it, figuring this could be Destro's prototype of a smaller version.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Found them. Bought the Black Serpent Armor x2 and 1 Cobra Jetpack. I'm wondering would any one like to trade some Viper Commandoes for any version of the Strato Viper (aka Air Viper)?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

So, they do exist. Nice to hear. There's the Cobra jetpack, SNAKE Armor, Storm Shadow's bike, and, what, isn't yet another Torpedo repaint as Deep Six or Wetsuit the other, with a re-release of the Wave 1 Eel's sweet jetski?

I actually would like some more Strato-Vipers myself... but don't want to drop the money for another Cobra Island set or Night Raven.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You are correct sir. This is my first Strato Viper ever...ever. EVER. I love him, i'm going to hug him and squeeze him and call him George.
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

The Night Raven is really worth the $30 it costs at Target, through next Wednesday. Undersized, but a lot of fun, and it comes with a gray-toned Strato-Viper.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I picked up City Strike Snake Eyes the other night at Walmart. He totally rocks, and for the $5 price it was a great deal. I recommend him to anyone who has a chance to get it.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

The Night Raven is really worth the $30 it costs at Target, through next Wednesday. Undersized, but a lot of fun, and it comes with a gray-toned Strato-Viper.
    I saw the Wave 2 vehicles and picked over battle packs this morning at Wal-Mart after odering some contact lens. I was tempted by the renamed Firebat, but which is really my favorite jet/plane. I like that plane, but like Strato Vipers more than AVACs and they're easier to acquire than Air-Vipers.

I'm sure the Wave 1 vehicles at Target will be on clearance. You'd get extra AVACs and CLAWS. (Personally, I can't see why people complain about that AVAC's paint scheme. I think it's a nice-looking stealth configuration. The muted purple actually works quite well on him.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

now that i've heard something positive bout it, maybe i'll pick it up. been underwhelmed by it's small size.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    I saw the Wave 2 vehicles and picked over battle packs this morning at Wal-Mart after odering some contact lens. I was tempted by the renamed Firebat, but which is really my favorite jet/plane. I like that plane, but like Strato Vipers more than AVACs and they're easier to acquire than Air-Vipers.
    you a cyclops that only needs a lens?