Page 35 of 113 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    I actually saw a RipCord figure (in his accelerator suit) in CVS today. On a whim, I just decided to go and look. They had 4 figures: Snakeyes, Stormshadow, and a Neo-Viper amongst the others.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

When it rains, it pours.

Found a Target with the Wave 2 sets and picked up two Serpent SNAKE Armor sets and the Cobra jetpack. The Strato-Viper looks really nice in this color scheme, though his pack is a bit on the silly side. I didn't realize this was yet another Neo-Viper paint scheme in the SNAKE set, but it looks decent. I'm winding up with an insane number of these "Death Adders," though, and hope they dry up soon.

Then, another Target had more, and a WM had no Dewbacks, but tons of Red Fangs, Night Adders (all dark tattoo versions), and Storm Shadows, along with one Charbroil and one City Strike Snake Eyes. I grabbed the Snake Eyes, and another Red Fang and Night Adder.

I'm not sure what to do with Snake Eyes. He's a beautiful figure, but he looks fairly close to the blue "hockey mask" vintage figure who remains unmade. I'm thinking of using him as that costume, though I'll probably leave his paint as-is. I dug the outfit, but not the bright blue jumpsuit and red goggles.

Going to repaint the second Red Fang's hair, and display him totally differently; maybe no goggles and a different gun, or something. Night Adder, sadly, is still a few shades too dark to use a Heavy Duty head on. I'm thinking of painting the upper body on this one to look like he has a tight shirt, probably burgundy, and displaying him with his vest, different armaments, and possibly a different head (the ROC Flash head and helmet look like they wouldn't be too small).

All in all, not a bad few days. Now to wait for the inevitable major markdowns on the Pit. Given how crappy Black Friday sales seem to be across the board, I'm expecting $50 before Christmas. If not, then definitely within a month afterward.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Now to wait for the inevitable major markdowns on the Pit. Given how crappy Black Friday sales seem to be across the board, I'm expecting $50 before Christmas. If not, then definitely within a month afterward.
    I think $50 is about what I'd pay for it as well. If they reach $25, I'd get more than one to eventually customize into a Cobra version.

The K-Mart 4-pack is $14.99 this week. That seems worth it for another MARS Trooper (not seen in the movie?) and Viper (seen in the movie in only one color scheme).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Finally saw Agent Helix during Black Friday, TRU had her since their pricing on figures is still high. I've been fascinated by Helix ever since the Comic-Con Joe presentation where they showed us parts of the game and gave out her comic book. It was a total "wow, is that ever a bad idea in a massive way" sort of fascination. The figure isn't too bad, the face not too manly, but I didn't buy it either, it was more a goof than anything else.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Are you serious that you just now saw Helix? I mean, have you been actively looking for her and not seen her at all? She's downright common everywhere I look in the IE, Coachella Valley, and San Diego.

I have three: one for me, one for my daughter, and one that I took apart for parts for Cover Girl, Jinx, and what will probably be a She-Viper.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have been actively looking, but only at my local Targets and TRUs. I have seen zero until now. Very rare here.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow. I guess there's more proof of the higher concentration of scalpers in LA.

On a slightly different note, has anyone else gotten the K-Mart four pack? No huge deal here, since I'm tinkering with most of them, but how are the weapons supposed to be divvied up? The Neo-Viper, I assume, should get the three standard Neo-Viper guns, which he's packaged with. The MARS Weapons Officer definitely gets the gun and knife he's packed with. Duke is packed with a rifle and a pistol, sorta like the other Duke I have. Heavy Duty has a laser rifle and laser pistol of some sort, both in silver. I can assume the massive machine gun and belt packed separately go with Heavy Duty. Which leaves a short knife (black), a smaller machine gun (silver), and what looks like the back half of a rifle sawed in two (black). Like I said, no biggie, but I'm just curious who Hasbro expects to have what.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No, but I picked up a City Strike Snake Eyes today figuring that some one out there may want it.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

The Cobra SUV is an excellent toy. Other than a figure here or there for customizing back in the day, it is my first GI Joe toy I've ever bought.

Very nice quality and fun to play with! (I got it for use in a Terminator Salvation diorama I'm building of the bridge chase when the Harvester takes Kyle Reese.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.