Page 38 of 112 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Rats, I totally forgot to buy any GI Joe toys for TFT (or at all). I meant to buy at least 1 figure and a vehicle, but it just slipped my mind with a bunch of other stuff going on.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I ended up buying about 10 figs last month. I got the Baroness figure when the line first hit, but no others @ regular price. I found the trenchcoat Snake Eyes and couldn't say no, and I guess it kind of snowballed from there! I've now picked up the "armored" versions of Duke, Scarlett, Ripcord and Heavy Duty- are there plans for an armored version of Breaker? I kind of want the big 6 from the flick, but the Breaker does not fit with my armored crew. (I realize he is movie accurate, but I want display consistency dang it!)

A few sites have asked in the Q&A's, and there are no plans to release armored Breaker. You could do a headswap, I suppose.

Personally, I want a movie-accurate Breaker you can jab into someone's neck when they die, and it broadcasts their thoughts.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Hello? Anyone else here?
    Well, I don't have much of interest to add, but I'm here.

I'm annoyed greatly with the distinct lack of Kamakura on toy shelves.

I'm thinking of getting two extra Scarlett bodies. I'll take one of the Target Eel heads and stick it on that body to make a ROC Jinx (not my idea--got it from another site) with an extra Snake-Eyes sword. I also want to take a Marion Ravenwood head from Indiana Jones. It vaguely reminds me of Eliza Dushku (I could be crazy), and I wanted to put the character of Echo from Dollhouse into the Joeverse. Her backstory will be that Dr. Mindbender has always been upset that Serpentor wasn't really his doing, so he decided instead of the biological angle to work the psychological angle. He combined personality attributes, skills, and knowledge into various human subjects, and Echo was the only one who was able to absorb it all without going insane. She escapes, though, is picked up by the Joes, and after batteries of testing, she's been cleared for limited field work alongside Hawk's other pet project, Helix. I may keep Jinx with the two of them as the only one completely in control of her faculties.

I saw the before and after set with the snowmobile at Target. I want to get it, but my toy spending has been crazy lately, and I talked myself down.

Anyway, after Kamakura, I'm really not sure what's going on with Joe toys. I just know I'm really looking forward to the Jungle Viper and City Strike Scarlett.

I still need to pick up the Cobra Island sets--probably should be ordering them right now, because I know I'm going to wait until I miss the boat. I'm still ****ed these Cobra army builders won't be available single carded in the classic colors. And on the subject of being ****ed about not getting classic versions of figures, the TRU set with Law and Order, Dialtone, Footloose et al. is ****ing me off more than most sets due to the shear annoyance that Hasbro only has to change their colors to give us classic versions.

I have purchased all the figures required to make my eight-person grunt squad of blue-camouflaged ROC joes. I want to hit Maurader Gunrunners to get them all uniform gear and see what they all look like together. That'll give me two groups of grunts, the ones from the Firefly set and the ROC headliners-cum-nobodies.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

The newest wave of GI Joe figures seem to be hitting TRU and Wal-Mart. They look impressive - some of Stormshadow's mercenary ninjas and such.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    Well, I don't have much of interest to add, but I'm here.

I'm annoyed greatly with the distinct lack of Kamakura on toy shelves.

I'm thinking of getting two extra Scarlett bodies. I'll take one of the Target Eel heads and stick it on that body to make a ROC Jinx (not my idea--got it from another site) with an extra Snake-Eyes sword. I also want to take a Marion Ravenwood head from Indiana Jones. It vaguely reminds me of Eliza Dushku (I could be crazy), and I wanted to put the character of Echo from Dollhouse into the Joeverse. Her backstory will be that Dr. Mindbender has always been upset that Serpentor wasn't really his doing, so he decided instead of the biological angle to work the psychological angle. He combined personality attributes, skills, and knowledge into various human subjects, and Echo was the only one who was able to absorb it all without going insane. She escapes, though, is picked up by the Joes, and after batteries of testing, she's been cleared for limited field work alongside Hawk's other pet project, Helix. I may keep Jinx with the two of them as the only one completely in control of her faculties.

I saw the before and after set with the snowmobile at Target. I want to get it, but my toy spending has been crazy lately, and I talked myself down.

Anyway, after Kamakura, I'm really not sure what's going on with Joe toys. I just know I'm really looking forward to the Jungle Viper and City Strike Scarlett.

I still need to pick up the Cobra Island sets--probably should be ordering them right now, because I know I'm going to wait until I miss the boat. I'm still ****ed these Cobra army builders won't be available single carded in the classic colors. And on the subject of being ****ed about not getting classic versions of figures, the TRU set with Law and Order, Dialtone, Footloose et al. is ****ing me off more than most sets due to the shear annoyance that Hasbro only has to change their colors to give us classic versions.

I have purchased all the figures required to make my eight-person grunt squad of blue-camouflaged ROC joes. I want to hit Maurader Gunrunners to get them all uniform gear and see what they all look like together. That'll give me two groups of grunts, the ones from the Firefly set and the ROC headliners-cum-nobodies.
    i'm bummed with the kamakura status as well. he seems to be the one figure that is eluding me as well. I like your ideas of the customs of Jinx and Echo... those sounds like awesome looking figures...post pics when you get a chance would love to see your work.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Y'know, I've never seen Kamakura, either. And, by this point, I've seen a handful of even the City Strike Snake Eyes.

I've got an unpainted, unfinished Jinx in the works as well. Can't remember off-hand which of the bazillion masked heads I used, but the body of armored Scarlett and lower legs from Jinx. She's not entirely vintage-accurate.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

last night I was finally able to pick up the Target Exclusive Snake Armor Deluxe figure.. first time seeing it on the pegs. passed on the Ninja Cycle with Storm Shadow.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Cheep cheep cheep....

I had a Target coupon for $5 off a $75+ purchase and a $50 giftcard tonight. I was seriously considering getting a PIT. Trouble is, no PITs. None at all. They also had cut their Joe figure section by about half, and I rather doubt they actually sold them. So, either someone came in within the past week and bought a fleet of PITs (they had six or seven last weekend), or Target decided they weren't going to sell and did something with them (be it put them in the stockroom until post-Christmas clearance time or whatever. Bummer. I still figure there will be plenty at rather less than $100 soon, so no biggie.

I did use a $10 TRU credit to get the other ROC set, with Zartan and the desert Joes. Law will remain unaltered, as likely will Footloose. Not sure if Repeater will; I couldn't really care much about Repeater, so the extra-dark tan doesn't bother me. Zartan, no clue what will become of him, and Dial-Tonette will probably be a tech of some sort. (I don't want to display her too prominently, since that Helix head is rather distinctive.

I've also gotten the crazy idea to army-build and repaint the Concept IG-88 figure, making them Cobra sentry robots. If the YVH wasn't so hard to assemble, I could maybe make something along the lines of the Super-BAT from near the end of the Marvel series.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    i'm bummed with the kamakura status as well. he seems to be the one figure that is eluding me as well. I like your ideas of the customs of Jinx and Echo... those sounds like awesome looking figures...post pics when you get a chance would love to see your work.
    I picked up the Scarlett bodies recently, and I brought them and one of my Target Eels to work tonight. The Eel head fits perfectly on the Scarlett body. I have a Marion Ravenwood head, but it's buried in--I think--my Star Wars figures on a Bultar Swan body. I should have looked for it yesterday, but I've been super lazy. Otherwise, I have an Eel and Marion coming soon from eBay.

Anyway, linkage to the pic:
    http://members.cox.net/fmkj/jinx.JPG

I grabbed a City Strike Snake-Eyes and a Paris Pursuit Snake-Eyes for the gear. Jinx right now has the CS Snake-Eyes sword and belt with his pack while Echo has the PP Snake-Eyes sword and CS gun. I imagine the Marion head's hair will prevent me from using the hole in the back of the body, so I'll probably end up giving Echo the CS sword and belt and Jinx the PP sword (I don't want any giggling about giving Jinx the PP sword). I'm going to cut out a section of the CS belt to make it more snug, and I'll paint it black, and then I'll paint Jinx's neck black too.

When City Strike Scarlett comes out, I might see if the Marion head fits on that instead, but for now they just go to the same tailor.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06