Page 45 of 112 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    For me, the classic looks are all well and good, but I will always prefer it when they incorporate more modern-styled, realistic equipment. Not the Cold War Era stuff from the original 13 and not the over-the-top, ridiculous sci-fi crap from the movie. There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere.
    I second that! Though I would still like to see some redos here and there using the classic designs, I'm really dying to see the classic characters redesigned with more modern sensibilities (providing they're still recognizeable.) I think Resolute was a good attempt at this, and I'd like to see that concept continue - minus Stalker's dreadlocks and the post-op Dial-Tone (I kid! I know she's actually a different character with the old name, but I want the original Dial-Tone back.)

spotted the Artic Threat Doc and Shipwreck the other day and they were both an easy pass. can't understand why Hasbro even thought of these 2 figures and why they decided to pack Doc with Firefly's backpack....what would a Doctor in the Artic need with plastic explosive and a gas can ?

the Shipwreck just looks bad....just as bad as Artic Snake Eyes.....

sadly this is a line that is getting easier to pass by... nothing jumping out and screaming buy me.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    www.marauderinc.com specialty 3.75" 1/18 weapons. Some modern, some older, some sci-fi. And their new stands are kick-*****
    Well that's pretty cool. I'm going to have to buy a few M4 Carbines for my Joes.

I seem to recall 21st Century Toys selling sets like this and they were fully painted and everything. Although you were never given the option to just buy one weapon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    BigB, there's another Snow Job who comes with the Rockslide ATAV. Target has the "Past and Present" set on clearance right now, and it's the same figure and vehicle (with maybe some minor color changes) and includes the classic Snow Job and Polar Battle Bear, all for about the price of one figure. He's not nearly as heavily equipped as the one you linked to, though.

There's another version of the Ice Viper (Arctic Viper?) coming soon as well, with some color variation from the original. If you don't have any already, the ROC Ice Viper is a really sweet figure. (I think the Snake Eyes was actually kitbashed from that and the ROC Snow Job, with a Snake Eyes head.)
    I do remember seeing that Snow Job set a few weeks back, but my only Target is about 50 miles away. However, I might still go check to see if any are still there this week. If nothing else, I want it for the snowmobile.

The Ice Vipers are currently pegwarming at my local Walmart (along with about a million different Stormshadows). I remember seeing them a while back and thinking that they looked pretty cool, but just didn't feel compelled to buy them. I've never been the biggest Cobra toy collector, but I guess I'll need to pick up a few if I plan to build a mini Joe arctic team.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    what would a Doctor in the Artic need with plastic explosive and a gas can ?
    Well reallistically, it's just a plastic can filled with water. Really, its more practical to order a gas can, never put gas in it, and carry some other liquid then to try to carry dozens of bottles of water.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    sadly this is a line that is getting easier to pass by... nothing jumping out and screaming buy me.
    Wait, Doc's quote didn't scream at you and burn your eyeballs out?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I picked up an Ice Viper figure today and I must say that he looks really cool. He and Shipwreck definitely share the same legs. My only complaint is that I wish he had a holster for his tiny pistol.

I still think the Arctic Shipwreck is my favorite new GI Joe figure right now.

Anyone else read the full Hasbro release for ToyFair and not see GI Joe?
    http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?...articleid=3937

Also, Collector's Convention has announced the exclusives: The Red Shadows. First revealed is Interogator. Also in the brouchre is Flint, Black Major, Red Torch Troopers and Red Shadows all done in o-ring style.
    http://www.gijoecon.com/ri2010/pvd10brochure.pdf

http://www.gijoecon.com/ri2010/pvd10attendee.pdf

www.gijoecon.com/ri2010 for pics of Interogator and others as made available.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

As Hasbro said, stores still have ****-tons of July 2009 product to sell before they even think of ordering more stuff.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I bought Artic Pursuit Shipwreck today!

At two different Targets, I noticed that the ROC Cover Girls were on clearance for 4 something. However, her fellow pegwarmer Destro was not on clearance. I know that there were 2 different DPCI's for the ROC figures so I guess that would explain it?

Picked up Arctic Doc and Shipwreck today along with the repainted Water Moccasin. I wonder why Hasbro repainted the AVAC pilot instead of maybe a Lampreys for an aquatic vehicle figure.

This may not bode well, but at least the local WM (haven't checked to see if it's more widespread) has not only been shrinking the section, but has marked all figures down to $4. All that were left were a handful of both Cobra Commanders (remember when Rex was impossible to find?) and about six thousand each of the first three Storm Shadows (masked, unmasked, and slashed to heck). I got one each of the CC's... I figure I can use their accessories, and maybe make some generic scientists. I might even leave Rex untouched, as a crazy looking generic scientist.
    Tommy, close your eyes.