Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1138
  1. #461
    First Con Figure revealed today, Black Major from UK's Action Force Red Shadows.
    http://www.gijoecon.com/ri2010/con10blkmjr-preview.cfm

    I'm so glad I'm not a member. I don't want to have to pay $350 for 15 year old, incredibly dated figures.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    I don't want to have to pay $350 for 15 year old, incredibly dated figures.
    I've never understood why those sets are so expensive. A Lanard set with about the same number of figures and accessories would cost $20-$30 at Walmart. I've always wanted to own a Red Shadow, but not at so steep a price point.

  3. #463
    Well part of it is your Convention Registration (the set plus one extra is included, there's an additional 3-4 items that are extra), but even if you don't go, you still can buy the figs for about 20-30 dollars cheaper once factored in shipping. It also has to do with how limited the runs are in the factory to make something like that given that the Club now owns the old molds that are still viable. Also, the Collector's Club is a bit of a hold over and anachoristic. It says it has "exclusive" information and previews that really aren't, it still operates like it is the late 80s/early 90s only recently making an electronic newsletter for members. Not that I defend the club, but if the "o-rings are the best thing ever" crowd wants to keep sinking their money into that instead of better products, their choice. Not going to hold a gun to their heads to make them change, just glad they can't hold the rest of hostage who wanted better/modern/updated figures finally.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    First Con Figure revealed today, Black Major from UK's Action Force Red Shadows.
    http://www.gijoecon.com/ri2010/con10blkmjr-preview.cfm

    I'm so glad I'm not a member. I don't want to have to pay $350 for 15 year old, incredibly dated figures.
    tend to agree with you here pb... i can't see how they can justify the pricetag. as much as i like G.I. Joe there is no way i would drop cash on some of these exclusives
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

  5. #465
    If it was actually new figures and not customs based on old molds, I could maybe see the price. The elusive TF Classics Botcon Seekers figures were roughly the same price, and two of them had new wings!

    Anyone know much about the Red Shadows? I know they were villains in the Action Force line prior to the introduction of Cobra, and I (unfortunately) read the storyline from Devil's Due about a group of "conspiracy theorist's wet dream" supermen who tried to destroy GIJoe and Cobra for unclear reasons, killed a bunch of people (many of whom mysteriously reappeared in a major editorial snafu), and then totally vanished forever. But what's the deal with the "real" Red Shadows from Action Force?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  6. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If it was actually new figures and not customs based on old molds, I could maybe see the price. The elusive TF Classics Botcon Seekers figures were roughly the same price, and two of them had new wings!

    Anyone know much about the Red Shadows? I know they were villains in the Action Force line prior to the introduction of Cobra, and I (unfortunately) read the storyline from Devil's Due about a group of "conspiracy theorist's wet dream" supermen who tried to destroy GIJoe and Cobra for unclear reasons, killed a bunch of people (many of whom mysteriously reappeared in a major editorial snafu), and then totally vanished forever. But what's the deal with the "real" Red Shadows from Action Force?
    I think it's bloodforthebaron.com or net that is the dedicated Action Force/Red Shadows info site. Basically it's the Cobra of UK's Action Force. Certain characters are renamed, slightly different paint schemes and few unique ones like the Major there. Just a passing familiarity is all I got.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

  7. #467
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

  8. #468
    Awesome, Pyro-"Troppers!"
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

    Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    These are tempting.

  10. #470
    It looks like the Comic-Con exclusive figure isn't going to be some niche figure like Cobra Commander in a suit or Pimp Daddy Destro this year, but something a lot of folks are going to want. (Given how well the "niche" characters sold, aside from the movie Destro set, I'm hoping they produce mass quantities, or people will be very, very mad.) I don't want to spoil the massive surprise of seeing the slide yourself, but, depending on whether you go by the old 'toon or comic, it's a major character who beat the snot out of Serpentor, or a minor character who beat the snot out of Zartan and promptly disappeared, and one I did not expect to ever see Hasbro produce again.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO