Page 66 of 114 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Agreed about the paint apps on Destro - I bought the first one I saw, and was kind of disappointed when I opened him as his head was almost entirely white. I've seen several more with much better paint since, and they look so much better. I really wish I'd waited.

As for Snake-Eyes' action feature - it's really not very intrusive at all. There's a tiny button under his arm (in fact, I hadn't even realized there was an action feature when I first opened him) and he's even still poseable - you can actually still twist his waist to pretty much any desired position without enaging the mechanism and it'll stay. That said, I've come to think that he's kind of an ugly figure now that I have him, and not a very good, or useful design for Snake-Eyes. His accessories are a bit oversized as well.

I also think Recondo is a great looking figure except for one slight flaw - his head is situated in such a way on his neck joint that he's stuck perpetually looking down. I was thinking that if I trim away a bit of the plastic from under the back of his head that I might be able to fix it, though. Dusty is really cool as well, but I think his neck is a bit too long; especially without his scarf and cape thingie. Might try fixing that as well.

Okay, maybe not Ephant Mon heavy. I checked, and he's still way off that mark.

Jungle Viper is a very nice figure. I'm considerably less apepoop about him than most people seem. He's an awesome, awesome toy; he just doesn't feel especially GIJoe to me--he's sort of the limit of how asinine Cobra would get with their technology. I actually think he'd be a better figure without the ghillie suit, except he has a couple of huge knobs on his arms to attach part of it. (Looking over the rest of the figure, I'm considering getting a second one for custom parts; aside from the arm issue, I'm getting a nice ninja vibe from the pieces.)

Definitely don't need a second to display as a Jungle Viper. I'll get Shadow Tracker to hang out with this guy, but I'm still far more excited about the relatively plain Cobra Shock Trooper.

They really need to start including instructions, or at least a photo of the fully-armed figures.

cha gio

Chux, those knobs on the JV's wrists are rather rubbery so you could just slice them off with an x-acto if you so choose.

I would consider it if I could ever find another one which is doubtful considering I only saw one POC Alley Viper. For my local stores, I can only rely on Target for POC as the TRU's have not restocked since late July when they first hit.

I think the Jungle Viper is a very cool figure, but I question how practical that gear would be in an actual jungle. The overall bulk of all that stuff must make it pretty hard to navigate any decent jungle setting, and the incredibly long (albeit very cool looking) scope setup that attaches to his mask doesn't seem like it'd work very efficiently with all the trees I'd imagine obscuring the view in a jungle. I suppose I'll have to rename mine to signify a more appropriate military function...

I found POC Quick Kick and Spirit Iron Knife at TRU today. I noticed QK didn't have great paint apps and while I was trying to pick out the best one, this guy comes along and takes all of them from the pegs. Didn't even touch the Jungle Vipers so he's definitely not an army builder.

Whadda douche. I wonder if he was related to the jerkhole who swiped all the Vintage figures off the pegs right in front of me at TRU that time.

Has anyone bought any of the mechs? I'm wondering if they're worthwhile. I keep seeing Cobra ones that are damaged in a way that looks like someone tried to get the pilot (Cyber Viper?), or returned him with something else in the slot. So I'm guessing I'm not the only one who thinks he looks cool.

nuoc mam
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Whadda douche. I wonder if he was related to the jerkhole who swiped all the Vintage figures off the pegs right in front of me at TRU that time.

Has anyone bought any of the mechs? I'm wondering if they're worthwhile. I keep seeing Cobra ones that are damaged in a way that looks like someone tried to get the pilot (Cyber Viper?), or returned him with something else in the slot. So I'm guessing I'm not the only one who thinks he looks cool.

nuoc mam
    Probably is related to that jerkhole. Who needs 5 Quick Kicks anyhow? He didn't even touch the Spirits which I thought was strange considering his hoarding of QK.

He could be a customizer. Quick-Kick wears sneakers rather than boots, and a lot of people want them.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Yesterday, I saw K-Mart had a Steel Crusher on clearance.

It was $22. Marked down from $29.

Even with their 30% off clearance sale, it was more than I got any of mine for.

Really, how do they stay in business?

goi cuon
    Tommy, close your eyes.

K-mart must sell a ton of stuff in their other departments because it sure can't be toys that's keeping them in business.

A few POC wave 2 figures are starting to hang longer on the pegs now...Destro, SE, Zartan and Dusty. Even the repack of SE from wave 1 hangs on the pegs.