Page 75 of 114 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
    It's probably a good thing I'm not finding Alley Vipers. I've got three POC, one from the Fury, and three "classic" ones. It's such an awesome figure (especially the POC version), it's tough to pass up when I'm finding nothing.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I still have not seen an Alley Viper at retail.

I only found it by hitting five or six stores a day for a week or two. He's in a later revision case, but it looks like Hasbro still thinks he's only as popular as Snake Eyes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Saw all of Wave 3 except the Shock Trooper. They only had one Snake Eyes, which I started to get. But I saw his knife was wonky, and figured, "It's Snake Eyes, and the 4,369th in two years. He will be everywhere."

Also, I picked up the Hall of Heroes Flint. I didn't expect to. But I looked at him in the store, and the paint and accessories were so dramatically better, I had to.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I picked up the variant Mantis sub and Snarler Cycle on clearance at WM. Had Hasbro released more Mantises with the helmet ON the pilot, covering his uninviting face, I think more of them would have sold. As such, WM had tons as did TRU.

I found the Shock Trooper at the Cathedral City Target! Got Snake Eyes and two Shock Troopers, leaving one for someone else. They also had a cool error, Storm Shadow on a Shock Trooper card, but I'm not into those, so I passed.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Folks, sell your mother into slavery if you have to in order to get the Shock Trooper and Snake Eyes 3. The Snake Eyes is the definitive one now by a country mile, and the Shock Trooper is so amazingly frickin' cool I can't describe it without getting up and dancing.

Out of curiosity, with a Renegades-esque Duke, a Renegades-esque Snake Eyes, and a Shock Trooper who bears more than a slight resemblance to Renegades Cobra "security troopers," does anyone else consider this to sorta be the first Renegades wave? The only other figure is the gimmicky Storm Shadow, who, like the Snake Eyes before him, doesn't even seem to belong in the line.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Folks, sell your mother into slavery if you have to in order to get the Shock Trooper and Snake Eyes 3. The Snake Eyes is the definitive one now by a country mile, and the Shock Trooper is so amazingly frickin' cool I can't describe it without getting up and dancing.

Out of curiosity, with a Renegades-esque Duke, a Renegades-esque Snake Eyes, and a Shock Trooper who bears more than a slight resemblance to Renegades Cobra "security troopers," does anyone else consider this to sorta be the first Renegades wave? The only other figure is the gimmicky Storm Shadow, who, like the Snake Eyes before him, doesn't even seem to belong in the line.
    Maybe we'll get lucky and these figures will be rereleased in more abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That Snake Eyes is definitely cool. Only some very small things could make him perfect.

First--the most minor nit--the way the swords attach, the most natural orientation is to hang cutting edge down, and on his back, I'd prefer cutting edge up so he can more easily draw the sword.

In this figure we have the option to attach a sword near the small of his back like in Resolute. I actually really like that look, but if you're going to have a sword there, I'd prefer it be much smaller both to keep it out of the way and to somewhat conceal its being there.

We get a scimitar-style sword just like the '85 version of the figure, but like the 25th Anniversary figure, we don't get a backpack for him to hold it in.

Finally, the Alley-Viper knife/sheath is a pretty great addition to most figures. On this very figure, it looks great on his lower leg. However, attached to the web gear as it is here makes it way too bulky and cumbersome. Beachhead had enough trouble with it attached there on a flak vest where it looked more natural. Here it's in the way and doesn't look very good.

I don't want to sound like I'm knocking the figure. A Snake Eyes that can pass for both the '82 and '85 versions of the character while even having a touch of Resolute flavor care of the waist attachment point? All they had to do was throw in extra arms and a trench coat to give us Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes and the multiple personality would have been astonishingly awesome. As it is it's just awesome.

I forgot to hit him with a hairdryer. His holster is a little warped. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there is a loop in the front that seems to fit one of the silencers. Oddly, the handgun that accepts the silencer doesn't fit in the holster as well as the one that doesn't accept it. They really thought through a lot of cool features on this Snake Eyes.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Maybe we'll get lucky and these figures will be rereleased in more abundance.
    Targets are getting in POC figures on an endcap (shipper box) so they should be in abundance.