Page 81 of 112 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If you want to army build with what's out now, I'd recommend getting any Cobra Shock Troopers or Alley Vipers you can get your hands on. The Shock Trooper is sort of a more "real world" version of the Cobra Trooper, with gear similar to a SWAT Trooper, and the Alley Viper is a slight improvement over the 25th Anniversary one from the Defense of Cobra Island set, in more realistic colors and with an alternate helmet that looks more like the Resolute Alley Viper's. (If you want to spend a little more and get another vehicle, the Cobra Fury seems to only be showing up at Ross for around $12, and comes with an Alley Viper in a slightly different color scheme.) They're not especially easy to find, though. The Jungle Viper is really nice, too, but doesn't lend himself to army building as well (so he's a lot easier to find).
    Cool, that gives me something to look for while I wait for some of the new figures to show up. Unfortunately, my Walmart's GI Joe section is totally filled with that unmasked Stormshadow movie figure and that's it. Plus, there is nothing but Walmarts within a 30 mile radius of my house.

I guess I'll have to make the 40 mile drive to Springfield here soon to look for some more Cobra Troops. I've never been to a Ross before. Are those usually in shopping malls?

I really have a love-hate relationship with the PoC Alley Vipers. I have at least two I've purchased for myself, but every other one I've gotten I've given to my brother. Realistic colors? Check. Nostalgia? Negative. I forgave Alley Viper for bright colors twenty-some years ago, and I've loved him ever since.

I did get eight Jungle Vipers, and though I agree they don't lend themselves well to formations . . . screw that, I'm doing it anyway.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Lowlight is one hell of an awesome figure, in my opinion! He was always a favorite character, but I think the new figure is maybe the best Joe of the modern era!

Every Ross I've ever seen has been in a strip mall. Unfortunately, I just looked at their site, and it looks like the closest one to you would be in either Pennsylvania or Tennessee.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Found two interesting items at La Caņada Ross yesterday: 2004/2005 DTC figures (Footloose and Snow Serpent). They were on the original cards from that period and were an expensive $5.99 each, supposedly marked down from $11.99. These could have been and most likely were swapped out price stickers from the "cancelled" wave 3 Target "exclusives."

Speaking of those cancelled wave 3 Target exclusives, I found all 4 of them at my local Ross yesterday. That's the second time I've seen them there so other stores might be getting restocks as well.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Apparently, Ross has begun stocking the final wave of ROC vehicle/figure packs. I've been pining for a Lava Pod w/Volcano Viper for quite some time. If I can find 3-5, I'll be set. So far, I haven't seen any, though. Anyone else looking for these?

Not anymore. Well, mostly not anymore. Rogue II gave me the heads up that he read this at another site, and I stopped by Ross and found all but the Polar SHARC. One each. I've no idea who would get the SHARC and pass on the Volcano Viper.

If I find any more Volcano Vipers, I'll keep you in mind.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks. Shall I hold some for the two of you?

still trying to track down a Low Light as well as the Shock and Shadow Tracker figures... hoping to spot them soon at retail. really want the Low Light and at least 2 of the Shadow Tracker and 2 of the Shock Trooper.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks