Page 8 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Triple post! Bite me, Grimlock!!

I'm thinking of picking up a Ripcord figure (for the head) and a Destro body (for the suit) and making a sweet custom Billy Ocean. Anyone know if Recondo's hat is going to see a re-release soon?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I opened the three vehicles I got yesterday. They're not worth even $13.99. For starters, the figures aren't scaled properly to them--even the brand new Mole Pod, which is pretty ridiculous. The stickers are a fiasco. Some instructions call for stickers that aren't there, others include stickers not on the instructions. All require stickers in insanely difficult places.

Worst, the figures have no accessories. Not even stands. Their filecards list weapons of choice, only, uh, no weapons. This is worst with Scrap-Iron, who has an empty knife sheath (always a sore thumb). Scrap-Iron also appears to have a mask that's a separate piece from the head, but it's attached in such a way that I can't figure out if it's actually removeable.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure comic pack Scrap Iron (with the cartoon version of Wild Bill) didn't come with a knife, but they jammed a semi-automatic pistol in the knife holder.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

hisstank.com has some pics from SDCC already on new ROC items ( i didn't want to post the pics here since SDCC has yet to begin) so check them out.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

To finally answer my own question - no, the hat on Zartan's alternate head is not removable. In case anyone else was wondering this.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    To finally answer my own question - no, the hat on Zartan's alternate head is not removable. In case anyone else was wondering this.
    he's actually one of the figures that I have little or no interest in. This line I'm being very selective on who i want. Zartan and the Vipers just don't do it for me, I'm also passing on Duke as he is of little interest to me as well.

that does stink about Zartan thouogh, it did look as if there was hope for the removable hat
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Honestly, he doesn't make a bad troop builder with the extra head in place of the funky Zartan head - I'm intending to build a small group of Pit MPs. Might even turn some into more traditional 'Green Shirt' MPs. At least it'll keep Zartan (seems rather useless as that character, to me) from being too big of a peg warmer in my area.

I personally think Cobra Commander doesn't look all that Bad... Anyone know the story on his tubes?? In all the pre-release pics he has tubes going from his chest to the back of his head, All the figures I've seen have holes for the tubes to go, but no tubes. So did they change their minds?? There's a varient out there with the holes filled in as well...

Quote Originally Posted by sound_asleep7 View Post
    I Anyone know the story on his tubes?? In all the pre-release pics he has tubes going from his chest to the back of his head, All the figures I've seen have holes for the tubes to go, but no tubes. So did they change their minds?? There's a varient out there with the holes filled in as well...
    Simple story on the tubes, it's printed in small print on every box of every toy...

Final product my differ from what is pictured here.

Or you want to know why it wasn't included, ask Hasbro.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I've been wondering the same thing, and I happen to think that the story is not that simple. Did the factory forget to include the tubes during early production, and later releases will include them? Did Hasbro decide not to include the tubes, and if so - will they ever release any figures with them? Does the character not have the tubes in the film, and Hasbro mistakenly added them, or was the look of the character changed before Hasbro was able to match the change with the figure? Even with the standard "Final product may differ" message, it's difficult to know if the omission was intentional or not.

just placed an order for the Destro 2 pack fro comic-con. placed the order this morning on HTS.com