Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    I stopped by two WM's today. Both had more G-Force merchandise than ROC stuff. Given that G-Force practically has the ghost of Billy Mays chanting, "This movie is s***!" during every commercial, that's sad.

I did finally find a TRU that had the Coil Crusher and Gunship, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Are you implying that you believe Rise of Cobra will actually be better than even G-Force? I'd sooner pay to see the latter than the former.

No. But, were I a retailer, I'd put more stake in GIJoe as a sales success than G-Force... unless I knew something about the low quality of it months ago when placing orders.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

just picked up Scarlett in Accelerator Suit, Cobra Commander, and Cover Girl (gonna try and customize her and Scarlett alittle and see what i can come up with.)

Cobra Commander is a wierd figure but i think he would be great background fodder for perhaps a Mindbender Lab or a Cantina dio.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

just got my HTS order of Scarlett Accelerator Suit, Cover Girl, Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow and Marvel Universe Union Jack.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Movie figs are 2 for 9.99 this week at TRU.

Alpha vehicles are 13.99.

Time to get Thunder, the Ferret, maybe a Mole Pod, and some custom fodder figures!

I just wish I could find my receipt for Shipwreck, which is, for some reason, the only receipt from the last month that isn't filed away appropriately.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I got Flash from Target this afternoon. Also spotted Helix, Hawk and Crimson Viper.

I scored the Armadillo and Ferret (or whatever they're called) today at TRU. Also broke down and got the Mole Pod, which looks pretty decent and is the kind of silly vehicle Cobra would've used in the mid-to-late 80s. I actually dig the Croc Master repaint "Terra Viper" pilot.

But leave it to TRU to advertise figures and have pretty much nothing. I did see and pass on Barbecue--no matter how nice the yellow scheme is, unless they gave him a removable helmet, I couldn't justify another one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I opened the three vehicles I got yesterday. They're not worth even $13.99. For starters, the figures aren't scaled properly to them--even the brand new Mole Pod, which is pretty ridiculous. The stickers are a fiasco. Some instructions call for stickers that aren't there, others include stickers not on the instructions. All require stickers in insanely difficult places.

Worst, the figures have no accessories. Not even stands. Their filecards list weapons of choice, only, uh, no weapons. This is worst with Scrap-Iron, who has an empty knife sheath (always a sore thumb). Scrap-Iron also appears to have a mask that's a separate piece from the head, but it's attached in such a way that I can't figure out if it's actually removeable.
    Tommy, close your eyes.