Page 10 of 114 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Was it lame for the Snow Cat? The Cobra Wolf? The GI Joe Avalance, wait that's lameness was the disc shooting mines...

Oh, yeah, it was.
    true but I didn't mind it so much as a kid. back then it was cool. this accessory just seems out of place as there is no vehicle for the Ice Viper. perhaps if he was a pack-in for a Cobra Wolf or something then the torpedo would rock.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

All this chatter about Joes and not one good word about the Pit? I find this disturbing. The Pit is an awesome vehicle ,better than any Starwars product ever made. I wish Hasbro would drop the entire starwars line and focus entirely on making more vehicles of the same quality and play value as the Pit.

I really hope the sarcasm in that last post is evident, because I have never seen an uglier toy than the Pit...... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbooger View Post
    All this chatter about Joes and not one good word about the Pit? I find this disturbing. The Pit is an awesome vehicle ,better than any Starwars product ever made. I wish Hasbro would drop the entire starwars line and focus entirely on making more vehicles of the same quality and play value as the Pit.
    been thinking about buying the PITT just haven't had the finances at this point. the set looked awesome at Toy Fair. it could even work with Star Wars to an extend as an underground set.

I really hope the sarcasm in that last post is evident, because I have never seen an uglier toy than the Pit...... ever.
    really you really can't stand the PITT that much ? you really need to see to out of the box to get the better picture. it's really sharp actually.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

It is out of the box and now my kids are playing more with the box.

The Pitt box is awesome. It's got a great likeness of Dennis Quaid on it.

So has this line officially tanked yet? I see pegs full of these figures everywhere I go and no one seems to be buying them. I really don't think the movie release is going to improve things either. I'm going to wait and see if the figs don't drop below $5 each like Star Trek stuff.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Wow, pegs full of Simon Pegg and Dennis Quaid, what a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    picked up 2 of the Ice Vipers last night from TRU. they look really cool but the snow torpedo ski is kinda lame.
    What's really lame about that snow torpedo is that it was originally a missile included with a vehicle in the classic line originally - making the new version a missile that shoots a missile!

Very confused...what's there not to like about the Pit? I think the lack of discussion about it is much more due to the price, and that a lot of folks have yet to take the plunge. Looks to me like a pretty awesome toy that I would have killed to have as a kid (and am hoping to be able to afford very soon!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    So has this line officially tanked yet? I see pegs full of these figures everywhere I go and no one seems to be buying them. I really don't think the movie release is going to improve things either. I'm going to wait and see if the figs don't drop below $5 each like Star Trek stuff.
    Fortunately, I really don't think this line is going to tank. At the very least, I would hope that there are not many GI Joe fans that are hoping for that to happen either - the death of this line would mean the death of any kind of GI Joe line at retail for a while. I honestly don't think it's something folks like myself have to worry about - even though the movie is going to blow to no end, the toys are pretty darned awesome! I also doubt that full shelves in your area really means that folks aren't buying, but rather that the line is brand new to store shelves, and is shipping in full force, and that the movie (however horrible it will be) they're intended to support hasn't even been released yet. Stores in my area (and I cover a very wide area in my hunt for toys) have noticeable sold through and replenished stock several times already. Nobody is hating this movie in advance of it's release more than me - I thoroughly seethe with anger over the horrible travesty this movie represents - and I'm loving the hell out of the toys! I have no intention of seeing that crap in theaters, and probably won't even see it on DVD, but my GI Joe collection is all the richer for the new recruits!

I actually find myself wanting to buy multiples of some of the Cobra troops, though I'm trying not to. The new Eel looks fairly cool, though I'm still steamed that I couldn't find enough of the classic Eel on store shelves. I finally saw the Elite Viper, but I walked away without getting it. I might grab Helix if I see her just to add another female figure.

As for the PIT, I don't like the railing on it when it's folded up. It looks like the Joes ran a butt-ugly yacht aground. I'm waiting to spend my money on a Turbo Tank at my local TRU anyway.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Agent Helix is teh dope! I really didn't think I was going to like her before I saw her in person. She's one of the best figures in the movie line so far, in my opinion. Very well designed and sculpted, with really good articulation, and a ton of accessories!