Page 17 of 113 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    I'm totally underwhelmed by the 2010 offerings. The only thing that looks sort of interesting is joining the Collector's Club to get the discounted figures of the Adventure Team & Dr. Venom. It's the age old problem, how many Duke's/SE/CC's/Destro's/Scarlett's/Heavy Duties do I need? The answer is not this many.

I gave one of Helix's blades to Recondo. The other, no clue yet, maybe Pathfinder (so both Jungle Troopers have them).
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Dr Venom? Got a link to a picture, or is there one yet? I'm about 1% done with my Dr Venom, but if they'll do it for me and it looks good....

Silly thing about the armies of these same characters--they could actually update existing sculpts from the 80s and 90s for them all! We don't have hockey mask Snake Eyes, or Ninja Force Snake Eyes, or red mask Cobra Commander. Heck, we still don't have a version of hooded Cobra Commander clad in all black. Ninja Force Scarlett looked dumb, but she was an actual figure! Same with Flying Duke.

Even then, there are actual comic and cartoon versions, too. Unmasked Snake Eyes. Army fatigues Scarlett. Drill Sergeant Duke. I could go on. So could anyone else who doesn't work for Hasbro.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 08-17-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Hmmm... something about him looks... not quite right. The tie looks especially iffy, like it's painted on a flat torso. And this giant set of Joe Colton in four different outfits would be in addition to joining the club, which gives me (GASP!) a RAH-styled Big Lob? Methinks I'll just stick with the one I'm working on. Vosloo's head looks freakin' evil.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've been on the fence about movie Storm Shadows. I have a Night Creeper (and plan to get the second variation when it's released), two Ninja-Ku, a Red Ninja leader, five Red Ninjas (BattlePacks are a wonderful thing!), and a Ninja Viper (whose teal color precludes army building); plus, I plan to get at least one Red Fang Ninja, likely Kamakura (and repainting him into a Cobra), and possibly getting an extra Elite Viper to customize into a more practical take on the second classic Night Creeper costume (with the honking enormous helmets). I kinda like having Storm Shadow as the only ninja in white.
    As I realized I had so many different Cobra ninjas, I decided to add one more and have fun with it. In my back story for movie Storm Shadow figures, Cobra Commander got sick of the politics of the Arashikage, so no more Red Ninjas, Ninja-Ku, etc. He decided the Night Creepers with their MBAs and penchant for expensive high-tech devices were pricing themselves out of his budget. Then he decided to call it quits with the Ninja Vipers, which he finally admitted were a poor man's answer to his ninja fetish and were basically just Vipers who had a little more martial arts training than the next guy whose job was simply to shoot and get shot at. Enter the Shimoto Sindicate, which was willing to work exclusively for Cobra and support themselves outside of Cobra's supply system. Their price was right, their competency high, and Cobra Commander didn't have to worry about any of them randomly becoming Joes at inopportune times.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    I purchased a 1:18 Hayabusa motorcycle for the leader to drive, and I decided I liked that, so I got some other motorcycles for the masked Storm Shadows (they can't really ride them due to the coat). Even though she has nothing to do with the ninjas, I grabbed a Ducati 748 for Helix.
    Are Ninjas known for riding Ducatis?

Hmm...maybe I'm just really weird, but I'm excited as all hell for next year's Joes! Even more than I think I was at the initial launch of the 25th Anniversary line. Not only do they all just look really freaking cool to me, but I think they represent a much more modern progression of GI Joe than we've seen so far. That new SNow Job is wicked looking with that big, bushy beard!

I think my biggest problem with Helix is that her blade looks so much like a kitchen utensil that I can't take it seriously. I'd give her a Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes sword if I could find another on shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Are Ninjas known for riding Ducatis?
    The temptation is always there to give them Kawasaki Ninjas. I probably couldn't help but boast of my ninja on ninja action in dioramas. But it occurs to me your comment was about my mentioning she has nothing to do with the ninjas. I just meant I gave them all motorcycles, but I also gave her one.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I gotta tell ya, the Walmarts in Indy are overflowing with 25 pegs of Joe figs. At Eight bucks they are just not moving. It seems 2 for 9.99 is the sweet spot.

I wish more of these movie figures had functional holsters.

Is anyone aware of a figure, currently available or forthcoming, who has removable goggles? I'm leaning against the TRU Firefly, since those goggles look like they might be a little too big. The 25th-A Viper goggles are ideal for what I need, only the Vipers look silly without them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think most of the "arctic" themed figures. Some of the bbi Elite Force figures have had googles in the past. Otherwise, I got some both of the RotJ deleted scenes googles, pod racer, I can send your way (PS, PLANE, where is it?)