Page 20 of 114 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    I actually remember seeing PP Baroness (hee hee!) around the time the figures first dropped. Wish I'd known then that she'd be what seems to be the toughest of all to find.

A bit surprised to say this, but I picked up a third (!!!) Helix (I need the parts, like the one intact, and am not stealing from my daughter), unmasked Storm Shadow (who looks more like a young Larry Hama than the actor who plays Storm Shadow... I might have to do something about that), and the Senior Ranking Officers 3-pack with Destro (wanted the body, and figured getting two other figures for the price of two total was a better deal, and I actually sort of don't dislike the standard Viper with this particular paint scheme). Add to that a DVD Set #2 (on clearance for $9), a second Arctic Cobra set (at Rite Aid for $19.99... go figure!), a whatsherface female Imperial Officer from Force Unleashed on clearance (to mix up the looks of the female Cobras I have in the works), and the entire Legacy Collection TPM wave, and this was probably the most expensive toy day (or week) I've had in a while.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Helix is turning into a pegwarmer after her "hot" debut. Now seeing PP Baroness and the Doctor at the pegs at TRU (I was there for the half off BMF). I did get email this morning saying I have to go to walmart to pick up the 2 packs I ordered online.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

I've decided the movie-design Vipers (which I'll wind up with quite a few of, once I get a couple suits of the SNAKE Armor and the upcoming TRU pack) are, in my world, a specialized group of Vipers called "Death Adders." They're homicidal maniacs who joined up with Cobra to have an outlet, are too dangerous to keep housed with other Vipers, and have no real skills aside from their propensity for violence. They get specialized "skull" helmets and armor that they think looks cool, but costs much less than the uniforms for any other Viper subgroup and offer only minimal protection.

Elite Vipers and ROC Eels are cool enough to hang with the regular troops. The ROC Eel is, I guess, a sentry version who specializes in short-term underwater combat, since the airtank is too tiny to allow for prolonged missions, and the vest isn't really practical for extended underwater use.

BTW, can anyone who's seen the movie explain what's up with the Elite Viper's weapons? He's got two handguns, a pistol, and, uh, an axe. What is the deal with the axe? Does that actually appear in the movie, or is it something totally random?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't remembering seeing any Elite Viper (or anyone for that matter) use an axe in the film.

Most of the accessories that come with the figures were not in the movie at all, if I recall correctly.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Weird. I figured there was a reason, since it's such a random weapon (a sword would make more sense), and it snaps into the backpack, which means it wasn't thrown in as an afterthought.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You like the ROC Eel? Wow, that is one bad figure. But if I get some SNAKE armor, I can send you the Vipers and we'll be all square.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

i picked up the Target Deluxe Snake Eyes and motorcycle set on Sunday... really like the look of Snake Eyes with the camo paints. plus the lips aren't molded onto the face.

on another note spotted a cool toy for G.I. Joe customizing at TRU that I might pick up.... not sure of the name but it is in scale to the 3.75" figures and is a Mobile Missile launcher that comes with figures (I think maybe TRU's version of the Corps series of figures.) was thinking of painting it up for a Cobra display or something.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    You like the ROC Eel? Wow, that is one bad figure. But if I get some SNAKE armor, I can send you the Vipers and we'll be all square.
    Yeah, I kinda dig the Eel, but, like I said, it's not an especially useful getup for anything other than a short foray into the water. I haven't taken the vest off, but I think it's Torpedo with a new head (again--Hasbro loves that mold). I definitely wouldn't army-build him; I've got two 25th Eels, a Cobra Diver or two (including a female), and the ROC Target Eel (the Eel squadron commander, as I see it).

I figure I'm going to wind up with four ROC Vipers. The SRO set had one (with metallic blue details, which makes the mold more palatable), and the TRU army builder set will have one. Plus I plan to get two SNAKE Armors. I think the other three I'll wind up with will be the basic paint scheme, so I'll probably repaint them, scavenge the parts, or give them to Chux Jr, sans any weapons. I haven't taken a look under the vest (since some of these vests are a pain to get on and off), but yojoe.com says it's the same body as the MARS Trooper, which looks pretty decent.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They get specialized "skull" helmets and armor that they think looks cool, but costs much less than the uniforms for any other Viper subgroup and offer only minimal protection.
    I love this part of the back story.

The ROC Eel is, I guess, a sentry version who specializes in short-term underwater combat, since the airtank is too tiny to allow for prolonged missions, and the vest isn't really practical for extended underwater use.
    I'm going to grab a handful of these as well. In my mind, the classic-style Eels are fairly strictly frogmen and not intended to operate outside of the water. ROC Eels, I've decided, are more intended to be amphibious commandos. I may make a trip to Marauder Inc. to get them some more appropriate guns, though.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

The hair for Baroness and Helix are removeable. I've confirmed this. It took me about 90 minutes on Helix, cutting away at the glue very slowly with a knife. Once I stuck her noggin in boiling water, it was simple (though quite hot!) to just pull it off in a few tries. I put Baroness' head in the water first, and didn't need the knife at all; it took about ten minutes total. File that under "wish I'd known that the first time!"

On the plus side, 25th-style Cover Girl nears completion....
    Tommy, close your eyes.