Page 31 of 113 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    To his credit, he actually had done some research into what a ninja is and based their abilities on the more feasible legends. Saying a ninja clan has been around for "thousands of years," when ninja themselves haven't been around 2,000 years, and Japanese society itself hasn't even been around for thousands of years... that's just sloppy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And yet he cashed his check from Paramount and Hasbro.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The key is there to open the can...the can is there to hold in the SPAM!!!

Definitely not a Roadblock delicasy.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

The info is up now: http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/en_US/di...s-For-Tots.cfm

Doesn't say specifically about the Target promo, though.

JT, if you had an option of writing comics and filecards and appearing in a movie, and getting paychecks, or complaining about the movie and possibly losing all those forms of income, what would you pick? I doubt Barack the Barbarian is selling like gangbusters, and I think Spooks was canceled a while back.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The Target info appears in a mailed catalog/coupon book. It probably has more to do with Target's excess ROC figures than a Hasbro driven promotion.
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Yeah, I'm just wondering if it'd count as one toy, since you technically only buy one, or four, since the three figures are going to be recorded as leaving the store, and will most likely have sales tax on them. For three free figures and four TFT donations, I might consider getting the Pit prior to the inevitable January blowout sales... if I see anything but Baroness 1 and Duke in Sigma 6 armor (or whatever the "smaller" black getup is called).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Ugh, that's the EXACT same press release info I posted the other day.

It's 1 sale I'll bet, but if they're sealed items you can buy and donate to the charity, then buy another for yourself and you're still getting it done.

JT, if you had an option of writing comics and filecards and appearing in a movie, and getting paychecks, or complaining about the movie and possibly losing all those forms of income, what would you pick? I doubt Barack the Barbarian is selling like gangbusters, and I think Spooks was canceled a while back.
    Really? You're going with "Hama gotta eat"? That's fine I guess, but any excuse of "he did all this research, he really cares" goes out the window when it's ultimately coming down to a paycheck in exchange for your artistic creation.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, whether he created the team in its current incarnation, he doesn't own it, so I'm guessing he's got to play suck-up to Hasbro a bit. Sort of like when Hasbro and Marvel decided ninjas were TEH AWESOMES in the 1990s and changed the title to "GIJoe Starring Snake Eyes" and mandated that Ninja Force become the main characters.

I just figure if he publicly undermined the GIJoe movie, or even appeared to not be going along with it, Hasbro could pull him off the GIJoe Origins title. Aside from that, he's not doing a lot of high-profile comics work lately. Spooks was good (and, being co-written by RA Salvatore, probably should've gotten more attention), but I'm not aware of anything beyond the second volume. And it looks like, judging from message board posts at various comic book websites, Barack the Barbarian (which I've not read, but might or might not check out in paperback) came as Spider-Man and Rob Liefeld were causing serious Obama overload in comics, so whether it's good satire or not, it hasn't been selling well at all, from what I can gather.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bought me a Baby Night Raven today. Also, a different Tuesday Morning store had Tripwire and Ninja Viper as well. (Those stores are awful. They make Ross look and smell like freakin' Bloomingdales.)

Has anyone used any of the environments or vehicles from the Real Heroes (I think that's the name) sold at Big Lots? The sets look pretty nice, even if the figures are awful. I'm curious as to how durable they are, and if they're as in-scale as they look.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes. I use the Black Hawk in what to used to be PTE. I have the Headquarters as well. I hear there is a bigger building out there now. It's standard 1/18 scale fare, much more reasonalby priced than bbi's or 21st Century's stuff but does lack some detail.

http://generalsjoes.com/2008/08/29/m...er-pte-marvel/ Look under the PTE reviews.

The figures are what customizers call Junk. Those are what you practice painting on.