Page 39 of 113 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    nice work.. figure looks great. was thinking of making alot of custom stuff next year since there will be huge gap of product in the Star Wars line (which is okay cause my wallet could sure use the break).
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Target's clearancing once again, and GIJoe gets marked down... not very much at all. All I found on clearance were a bazillion of the exclusive 4-packs (Snake Eyes, Duke, and two Neo-Vipers); $13.98 at one store and $9.98 at two other stores. No markdowns on the first wave mini-vehicles, which are still rotting on shelves, or the Pit, which takes up half a bloody aisle by itself.

Really, aside from the one store I referred to a few posts back, every store on Earth has several of these things. If they don't clear them out soon, it could become hazardous.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

For those waiting to buy the Rise of Cobra P.I.T. Mobile Command Center, rejoice. Just found this info at another site:

Find the PIT on sale for $59.99 at the KOHL'S website, where entering codes "Extra20" & "NoCharge" gives you 20% off and Free Shipping, bringing your total to $47.99 (before applicable tax)!

I just ordered one.

Aaaaaaand... having read that, I just ordered one and will be returning the other one to a store I really don't like giving business to, anyway (Wal-Mart). Especially not when they're about $20 more.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I need some G.I. Joe questions to send to Hasbro ASAP so any help would be appreciated!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Have holiday sales altered any ordering on future Alpha vehicles?

Are there mroe battlefield stations like the Wal-mart exclusives on the way?

What sort of unveiling calendar will there be for mid to late 2010 given the close proximity of ToyFair and mid-Spring JoeCon?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Accidentally submitted the post below twice and don't know how to delete one. Sorry.

Yet another FLAGG question:

Given that the GI Joe movie which had a USS FLAGG in it (however briefly) made a few hundred million dollars in worldwide gross, that the Resolute cartoon (which had a USS FLAGG play a prominent role) was well received, and that there are rumblings of another animated series in the works, what else needs to happen to get Hasbro to start planning for a rerelease of the largest and in some cases most sought after toy ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Yet another FLAGG question:

Given that the GI Joe movie which had a USS FLAGG in it (however briefly) made a few hundred million dollars in worldwide gross, that the Resolute cartoon (which had a USS FLAGG play a prominent role) was well received, and that there are rumblings of another animated series in the works, what else needs to happen to get Hasbro to start planning for a rerelease of the largest and in some cases most sought after toy ever?
    Do you really think they can make anything like the 7 foot classic version for under $300 these days? Would any retailer give the shelf space to sell it? Times have changed, playsets of this scale are dead/gone. Time to move on.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Seeing Tycho's Steel Crusher a few weeks ago, and TRU had it on sale, I decided to pick it up. I'm not thrilled with owning a Hummer H2 toy, but it's kinda cool that it has the flip-down shield and fold-out mini-missiles. It's an ok toy, but it feels like it needs 1 more something to really be GI Joe. Maybe that's more interior space, maybe it's another gimmick (there's clearly a neutered weapon attachment at the top, a corresponding hole to hold it in the rear bed), definitely a rear slide-out bumper deck so figures could stand on the back. But it's an ok toy, well-sculpted and fun. The figure is pretty bleh though, his helmet shield looks terrible and he's 1 color, has no weapons.

After seeing how plain the figure was and how wasted the top hatch was, I decided to put a mainline figure in there with him, so I hit WM for the $5 sale. I ended up picking up a Neo Viper for its array of weaponry. I wanted the Crimson version, but it was sold out at WM and had accessories which didn't fit my needs. Then I saw a single Pit Commando, and having read about his accessories, I had to try it too. And once I did that, I figured it'd be a goof to add Helix to the mix since she was on the pegs and had ok accessories. So, in the course of 2 days, I went from no movie toys to multiples.

I'm a little surprised at how constricted the arms on these figures are, it's been over 25 years we've been playing with GI Joe ARAH figures and they still can't hold their weapons all that well, much less 2-handed. The sculpting still looks very obvious, but they're decent GI Joe figures. I would have liked to have seen more range of motion on the waist, I know it's not an O-ring anymore but still, I got a lot of action out of that particular joint. All in all, this line doesn't feel like an improvement to me. Some of the paint is better, some worse. Some sculpting better, but mostly it's on-par with the last decade of Joe. There are very few vehicles I'm interested in now, which is tragic as that was the Joe line's best aspect, but these designs largely are overpriced, undersized, and uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Hello? Anyone else here?

I picked up the Arashikage Temple today. I wasn't going to, but Chux Jr expressed interest in the two crappy figures, and I'd read this was a treasure trove of accessories. It is. The temple itself is pretty lame, and very flimsy. Snake Eyes looks like carp. Storm Shadow isn't bad; I considered a headswap with the Hard Master to make a more comic-accurate HM, but didn't feel like painting over the huge Cobra sigil and gave him to Jr as well. I could now, though, give a ninja weapon to just about every single figure I have and have some to spare. (I exaggerate, but it doesn't seem like by much.)
    That playset is a stripped-down re-release of a much cooler set:
    http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/05/ninjabattles/
    It definitely was flimsy as hell, but look at the mountain of stuff you got with it for $15:
    playset with 2 axes
    comic book
    dvd
    5 figures
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.