Page 40 of 114 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    I got the old one when it went on clearance. One of the few VvV sets I did get. I do think the colors look better on this release, though.

For a question, not sure how universal it'd be, but I'd love to have it:
    "Although his scene appears to have been cut, Joe guru Larry Hama played a NATO general in GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. Obviously, Mr. Hama wouldn't be a candidate for a mainline action figure, but have you considered (or would you consider) producing him as a convention exclusive? Something tells us he might be really popular with the attendees at Comic-Con, especially with the rumored continuation of the classic comic book series."

Or maybe...
    "Some time ago, you said in a Q&A response that, though the 25th Anniversary line was on hiatus, some classic characters would find their way into the Rise of Cobra line. However, a few of these are very different from their classic counterparts (like Dial-Tone, who's now a woman), or exist in very different form in the movie (like Cover Girl). Any chance we might see more 'classic' versions of these characters to fit in with our existing 25th Anniversary collections?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Good enough questions, think you can come up with a 3rd one?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for the questions! I have enough for this round.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Do you really think they can make anything like the 7 foot classic version for under $300 these days? Would any retailer give the shelf space to sell it? Times have changed, playsets of this scale are dead/gone. Time to move on.
    That's the nature of the question, isn't it? What would have to happen to make Hasbro decide to market the toy again? If I believed it was time to move on, I'd have stopped collecting toys a long time ago...

Maybe we can ask about Billy at some point?

"One character from the classic comic book, who has never appeared as an action figure, is Cobra Commander's son, Billy. (Face it, a cyborg ninja with an eyepatch seems like a potentially successful figure.) However, since the incarnation of Cobra Commander from the film doesn't have a teenaged or adult son (and doesn't look nearly old enough for Billy to be retroactively added to the mix), is there any way we might see a Billy figure? (You could even make up something about him being Cobra Commander's brother, or something, and we'd all know who he really was.)"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    That's the nature of the question, isn't it? What would have to happen to make Hasbro decide to market the toy again? If I believed it was time to move on, I'd have stopped collecting toys a long time ago...
    Except it is asked at conventions (usually every year or at every GI Joe panel), and the response hasn't changed, if there was a retail partner...expensive to point of not selling. The horse is dead.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Except it is asked at conventions (usually every year or at every GI Joe panel), and the response hasn't changed, if there was a retail partner...expensive to point of not selling. The horse is dead.
    Just because the horse is the stables, doesn't mean it is dead. I seem to recall Hasbro saying in a prior Q&A that they have the molds and tooling for the Flagg. Why would they even bother locating the tools if somewhere in their minds the potential, however remote, for a release didn't exist? Hasbro has been notorious in Q&As for saying that the decision to make larger vehicles often rested on whether there was entertainment support, animated or filmed. Now that such entertainment support exists, what other factors would be needed for such a seemingly impossible rerelease?

Here's another question for the future: on the ROC Night Adder figure, how were the tattoos selected, specifically SPRINGFIELD and COBRA-LA?

I'd have a hard time not making my Joe questions sound bitter or more like a statement of how we told them so. Something to the effect of "Why is G.I. Joe the theme that excites me most but the theme I purchase the least of?" or "Now that the lackluster movie has failed to drive sales of RoC figures, could you start back with classic-style figures I would slap my grandmother for the chance to buy, maybe starting with the metric ****-ton of army builders from the Cobra Island set I would want had you not made them difficult-to-buy exclusives?"

DarkArtist, I have a picture of basically the finished Jinx and Echo figures. They are here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...549#post711549
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Just because the horse is the stables, doesn't mean it is dead. I seem to recall Hasbro saying in a prior Q&A that they have the molds and tooling for the Flagg.

Here's another question for the future: on the ROC Night Adder figure, how were the tattoos selected, specifically SPRINGFIELD and COBRA-LA?
    They have it because they wanted the collector's club to id figures for future releases since most of those older molds are pitting and rusting out to oblivion. They plan to scrap them, or so was the intention at JoeCon this year after the club took the o-ring figs they wanted.

That's a good question.

Found the Wal-mart 2 packs marked down to 6.98 if you've passed till now.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Did anyone get the Walmart Exclusive GI Joe ROC Outpost Defender set? If anyone has an extra I would be willing to trade for it. Thought I would try to avoid Ebay as much as possible and I haven't been able to find it anymore in 5 different Walmart stores. They must of not ordered to many for around these parts. Send a pm please if you have one to trade and what you are looking for in return e.g. like GI Joes or Star Wars. Thanks.