Page 41 of 114 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    That always exciting package arrived from Marauder Gun-Runners, so it's time to get my nondescript grunt squad ready.

I had no desire whatsoever to purchase most of the RoC figures, but with their being the only Joe stuff on the shelves by and large for months, I went ahead and found something to do with them: I purchased a handful of the blue/black camouflaged main characters and Pit Commandos and repurposed them all as nameless nobodies.

First the pic of all of them together:
    http://members.cox.net/fmkj/grunts.JPG

Then their weapons:
    http://members.cox.net/fmkj/gruntsguns.JPG

I opted for the Modular NVR rifle, and as much as I wanted to maintain a very uniform appearance to their weapons, they're just too modifiable for me to keep them completely the same. I gave Sgt. Stone (who will probably keep his name as the one named guy of the group) an underslung shotgun and gave the Scarlett grunt the high-power scope. Breaker grunt and Shipwreck grunt got the Combat Optic like Stone (but without the shotgun). Pit Commando #1 and Zartan grunt both got the M249 SAW. Pit Commando #2 and Cover Girl grunt got the NVR with M203 grenade launchers and R-D sights.

You can see I also got some of the Marauder stands, and they are phenomenal. I can't picture myself ever buying any other stands again. I got two clear ones free as well, and I really can't believe I didn't go with those instead. I grabbed some guns (.50 Barret Sniper Rifle, combat shotgun) for Deadpool as well and gave him the free MP7 I got, but I didn't bring him to work. I really need to go crazy for him and Punisher and get them a ton of weapons each.

So that's kind of the finger I'm giving to RoC figures. They are nobodies in my universe.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

You do know the NVR stands for New Viper Rifle?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    You do know the NVR stands for New Viper Rifle?
    I knew they were based on the Viper rifle, but I didn't know what NVR stood for. I considered the M4, but decided to go with this one instead.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I didn't get the Modular NVR's because I bought a bunch of the original NVR's (premodular days) which were just fine for me. Either way, you can't go wrong with the modular weapons, any of them. When I get around to unpacking, should the stock remain stable, I think my next giant MJ order will be stands...stands...stands...

Anyone find the 2 packs clearanced out at Walmart besides me? And i've seen all ROC figs for $5 at WM forever now...
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Head over to hisstank.com or generalsjoes.com to see pics of the VAMP and HISS Tank allegedly coming with the pursuit of Cobra transitional line.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Head over to hisstank.com or generalsjoes.com to see pics of the VAMP and HISS Tank allegedly coming with the pursuit of Cobra transitional line.
    The VAMP is especially appealing.

definately want to get at least 2 of the Resolute HISS Tanks. The Vamp is sorta hit or miss with me. not really digging it at this time. I have the 25th Anniversary style Vamp as well as the Stinger so I'm good for now. will wait and see what the vehicle looks like up close before making my final decision
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I'm indifferent on them. I don't think I want anything more (both space, desire, and complain about rehashes in SW, in Joe rehashing is worse, much worse).

That HISS looks great, real working treads finally!!!

The Vamp I dunno about, it's a 4-door and looks it, not as exciting, kind of a stripped-down mom-mobile. But the features look decent, and the main weapon is slick.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Generals Joes has mirrored pics from Hisstank.com of more upcoming vehicles: A retooled Sky (I'm not ever calling it Ghost) Hawk, a Dreadnok Cycle, and wave 2 of the Rip it vehicles (A snow mobile and Sub/hover thing)

http://generalsjoes.com/2010/01/14/i...#comment-21114