Page 44 of 114 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    I've seen the first (25th Anniversary) Arctic Snake Eyes a few times recently at TJMaxx. Haven't seen the ROC one in a while, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I was at the TRU in Springfield ....
    And did the Dreadnok Police stop you? See any Crimson Guardmen? Did a Televiper direct your call?

Couldn't resist

CHUX, WHAT??!?!?!?! You mean every third figure on your peg isn't Snake Eyes? (The other third some variant of Stormshadow, and the rest Heavy Duties)?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Mostly Heavy Duty, Cover Girl, Duke, and Storm Shadow here.

I saw the ROC Water Moccassin Sting Raider at TRU. Easy pass. Ugly color scheme and who needs to army build Copperhead?

If the Q&A is still going on, I'd like to propose the following question. I know it's really blunt, but I'd kinda like to know:
    "Although we know you cannot comment on exactly how well any particular item or line is selling, it looks to us, from the consumer point of view, that the 25th Anniversary line did far better, without any media tie-in whatsoever, than the Rise of Cobra line has been doing even with a major Hollywood movie and tons of advertising. True, there are exceptions on both ends of the spectrum (though most of the better performing Rise of Cobra toys seem to be new takes on classic characters and vehicles who weren't updated for the 25th Anniversary line), but has the Rise of Cobra line lived up to expectations from Hasbro's point of view? What are the chances that future updates to classic characters might be more along the lines of their classic looks?"
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-02-2010 at 12:11 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Mostly Heavy Duty, Cover Girl, Duke, and Storm Shadow here.

I saw the ROC Water Moccassin Sting Raider at TRU. Easy pass. Ugly color scheme and who needs to army build Copperhead?

If the Q&A is still going on, I'd like to propose the following question. I know it's really blunt, but I'd kinda like to know:
    "Although we know you cannot comment on exactly how well any particular item or line is selling, it looks to us, from the consumer point of view, that the 25th Anniversary line did far better, without any media tie-in whatsoever, than the Rise of Cobra line has been doing even with a major Hollywood movie and tons of advertising. True, there are exceptions on both ends of the spectrum (though most of the better performing Rise of Cobra toys seem to be new takes on classic characters and vehicles who weren't updated for the 25th Anniversary line), but has the Rise of Cobra line lived up to expectations from Hasbro's point of view? What are the chances that future updates to classic characters might be more along the lines of their classic looks?"
    I think this was asked and answered in the last round.

http://joebattlelines.com/phpBB3/vie...p?f=88&t=14769 #3 goes to the future plans.

http://generalsjoes.com/qanda.html Full Rundown of all GI Joe sites questions. Sadly, you only really need to read one because they're all the same (usually).
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

joebattlelines missed part of the first answer. Here's the full answer; I've highlighted the part that site inadvertently missed:
    1.) At the GIJCC Con in Kansas City we were shown figures from the Pursuit of Cobra line that were due to kick off with waves in Jan., Feb., and April. In the last round of Q & A's you mentioned that PoC wouldn't hit until the Fall. Why the push back? Does this mean we won't see the things we were shown? We’ve seen new card art images that make no mention of PoC. Has this been scraped? Also, what new product will we see between now and then?

The Pursuit of Cobra line will launch in the Fall and will include most of the product you saw in Kansas City. Rise of Cobra product will continue to be available at retail during the first half of 2010. Trust us on this. We can't actually get anybody to buy the crap.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've seen the first (25th Anniversary) Arctic Snake Eyes a few times recently at TJMaxx. Haven't seen the ROC one in a while, though.
    I was thinking of the ROC figure where he's wearing all white.

So is this whole "Arctic Threat" theme going to be just something that fills the gap between now and the next crappy movie? I've always been a sucker for arctic/Hoth type environments, so I'm definitely interested in picking up a few of these guys. Especially that new Snow Job figure, who I just discovered last night. He looks awesome!

Here he is from one of those sellers in China, who seem to be stealing stuff directly from the factory:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_3425wt_1167
    But I'll wait until I see him in stores.

For me, the classic looks are all well and good, but I will always prefer it when they incorporate more modern-styled, realistic equipment. Not the Cold War Era stuff from the original 13 and not the over-the-top, ridiculous sci-fi crap from the movie. There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So is this whole "Arctic Threat" theme going to be just something that fills the gap between now and the next crappy movie? I've always been a sucker for arctic/Hoth type environments, so I'm definitely interested in picking up a few of these guys. Especially that new Snow Job figure, who I just discovered last night. He looks awesome!

For me, the classic looks are all well and good, but I will always prefer it when they incorporate more modern-styled, realistic equipment. Not the Cold War Era stuff from the original 13 and not the over-the-top, ridiculous sci-fi crap from the movie. There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere.
    The theory is there are several themes, City Strike, Jungle Pursuit, Artic Threat. This eventually will all get merged into something called Pursuit of Cobra. Should be lots of stuff in April around Toy Fair and the JoeCon, but yeah, waiting for all of it until August if not October this year.

So you'd like stuff like the later day line say 1986-1991 or so? Why not just go Marauder Inc and arm them the way you want?

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    So you'd like stuff like the later day line say 1986-1991 or so? Why not just go Marauder Inc and arm them the way you want?
    Well, my favorite thing about GI Joe when I was a kid was that it was usually pretty current. So, figures from 1986 were fine for 1986, but I want 2010 figures that are consistent with what we see in modern military inventories.

I'm not sure what Marauder, Inc. is, but I also really like the characters from the cartoon (season 1 mostly). So, combining the characters from GI Joe with modern military equipment is the perfect combination for me.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

www.marauderinc.com specialty 3.75" 1/18 weapons. Some modern, some older, some sci-fi. And their new stands are kick-*****

BigB, there's another Snow Job who comes with the Rockslide ATAV. Target has the "Past and Present" set on clearance right now, and it's the same figure and vehicle (with maybe some minor color changes) and includes the classic Snow Job and Polar Battle Bear, all for about the price of one figure. He's not nearly as heavily equipped as the one you linked to, though.

There's another version of the Ice Viper (Arctic Viper?) coming soon as well, with some color variation from the original. If you don't have any already, the ROC Ice Viper is a really sweet figure. (I think the Snake Eyes was actually kitbashed from that and the ROC Snow Job, with a Snake Eyes head.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.