Page 46 of 112 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    Holy crap, these two figures are SWEET! It's a shame the movie sucked so badly, since some of the toys are bloody amazing, and both versions of Cobra Commander rank really highly. I'm going to buy up the rest of the store's stock (only a couple figures each), so I can keep my original plan of using them for parts and have some "unadulterated" versions. Strangely enough, I can actually see the parts being useful for characters like Adele Burkhart and Dr. Biggles-Jones as well as unmasked Snake Eyes.

In the meantime, here's what I did with the ones I got. Just a simple head and accessory swap to create a made-up assistant for Dr. Venom (who's still unfinished, since he's going to require some painting). I call him Larry.

Edit: Crap, I got the rotation off. You can figure it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0012.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	22507  
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sorry for the triple, but I've got a question for anyone who has the Destro 2-pack (which I passed on last summer): is the James McCullen (Destro) the same body as the Springfield Rally Cobra Commander? And what's the construction like on the "original Destro"?

It doesn't look like this was a super-hot seller, and I'm thinking it'd be a pricey set, but maybe worth it, to pick a couple of these up along with another Tomax/Xamot, to make "business suit Crimson Twins" figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

May as well go for quadruple post....

Anyone have extra 25th Anniversary Timber figures (any style) they want to get rid of?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    May as well go for quadruple post....

Anyone have extra 25th Anniversary Timber figures (any style) they want to get rid of?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Sorry for the triple, but I've got a question for anyone who has the Destro 2-pack (which I passed on last summer): is the James McCullen (Destro) the same body as the Springfield Rally Cobra Commander? And what's the construction like on the "original Destro"?

It doesn't look like this was a super-hot seller, and I'm thinking it'd be a pricey set, but maybe worth it, to pick a couple of these up along with another Tomax/Xamot, to make "business suit Crimson Twins" figures.
    Trying to figure out what I clean up more...the baby's butt or Chux's GI Joe questions.

CC CC is actually an Indiana Jones Toht figure that was never made/released. http://www.yojoe.com/action/08/cobracommander33a.shtml

CC Destro is built off of that with a slightly different suit jacket. http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/jamesmccullenxxiv.shtml

Evil shares the same core, but has indvidual tailors.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

D'oh! I thought the CC was an alteration of the Toht to give it a construction more in line with other Joes, and hadn't looked closely enough at the Destro to realize he was different.

Unfortunately, with the crooked tie on Destro, I'm not sure that would be ideal for the Twins. Hasbro could do some wacky mirror-image thing to make the ties crooked in opposite directions. I'm not even about to try that. I'll just live with them in their armor, until something more suitable comes along.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So, when is that Arctic Threat Snow Job supposed to be released? I'm tempted to pick one up off of one of those Ebay sellers from China who always seem to get everything in advance; but I won't bother if he's supposed to be released in a month or two.

Looks like the $4 deal was only at the one WM. However, a couple of Targets have started clearancing "garbage" figures, which are currently at $4.18. I picked up a couple of Cover Girl Man figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So, when is that Arctic Threat Snow Job supposed to be released? I'm tempted to pick one up off of one of those Ebay sellers from China who always seem to get everything in advance; but I won't bother if he's supposed to be released in a month or two.
    If he's Pursuit of Cobra line, not till August or later.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    If he's Pursuit of Cobra line, not till August or later.
    In that case I might have to order one of the figures from China. I'm sure I'll have completely lost interest by August.

I did find the Arctic Snake-Eyes at Wal-Mart today. It seems they restocked some older figures. I also found a Paris Pursuit Snake-Eyes and decided to buy him for Timber. You can't have an arctic Snake-Eyes without Timber. It helps that the figures are still only $5 each.

I guess $5 is the point where my impulse shopper gene kicks in. $7 or more shuts it down.

Finally watched the movie, and well...my experience was not good on any level. This should be especially of note considering how easy to please I tend to be as far as my appreciation of movies - I even admit that I found each of Stephen Sommers' three previous films, both Mummy Movies, and yes, even Van Helsing, to be rather enjoyable.
    Channing Tatum makes Hayden Christensen seem like Sir Laurence Olivier in comparison!
    The figures are still pretty cool, though, and man am I ever dying to get my hands on some new product!