Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Okay, I'll spoil it, because I'm dying to add this question to the Q&A rotation:

"You recently announced that the 2010 Comic-Con exclusive would be Sgt. Slaughter, produced in the 25th Anniversary style, with new tooling. The two past SDCC 25th Anniversary exclusives (suited Cobra Commander and "Pimp Daddy" Destro) both were available in two different color variations. And, in the Marvel comic, Sgt. Slaughter looked slightly different from his cartoon and live-action appearances in that he did not wear his trademark sunglasses. While we realize it's probably too late to change any plans for Comic-Con, and that this particular figure would have licensor requirements that wouldn't affect other GIJoe figures, is there any chance of either a head variation without the sunglasses, or that the sunglasses might be removeable?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Actually, that would be 2/3 ComicCon exclusives. The other Destro 2 pack was part history, part Medieval/Modern version (still available from Hasbro).

Slaughter, eh...they're probably already using the Bazooka/Benchpress/Heavy Duty body to start like so many customs have already.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

The head would make all the difference, especially with the BnB version so impossible to find. I can live with the rest being re-used.

I didn't count the Destro set, since it was Rise of Cobra. Both dedicated 25th Anniversary figures were gone before the end of the show, IIRC, and the Destro was sort of a joke. (Not saying it was a bad figure, as it absolutely was not, but a reissue based on a canceled figure is silly.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

http://www.gijoecon.com/ri2010/con10vflint-preview.cfm

Joe Con Flint is up. It gets worse from here I guess.
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

http://www.gijoecon.com/ri2010/con10ATbox-preview.cfm

12" JoeCon set is up for preview.

Not a toy, exactly, but the only Target around here that still had the game for the Wii had it marked down to $15. The reviews are lousy, but I picked it up anyway, since the complaints most people had are things I generally like about games, and I figured it was worth a shot. (It's an old-style shooter by most accounts, and I dig the old-style shooters more than the modern ones.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I picked up the Sting Raider TRU-exclusive today, never found the regular version, so I figured better to get one while I could. For $20 instead of $16, you get a repainted new-mold Water Moccasin (I can't call it "Sting Raider" anymore, we all know what this is), a repainted Copperhead, and a Swamp Viper.

The vehicle is cool, a nice update to the original. The paint is a little fugly, alternating red and green slop, but it kinda works for the concept. There are other changes around, black instead of green, stuff like that. They put on a few stickers, left a bunch more on the sheet tho'. I never really realized how much I wanted the original as a kid until I got this one and discovered I had been aping its design across a few of my LEGO designs over the year. The dual-height diver seat, the underside sled torpedo, the hull design, the rear "wings" (it's a deck), stuff like that I borrowed heavily.

The extra figure for $4 makes sense IMO, this vehicle has a gunner turret that just needs to be manned, and the swamp viper fig is adequate in color and design to do it. Swampy and Copperhead both have removable knives, that's cool stuff, and they each have a big rifle (though, as is too often the case, the pack-in figures get accessories that aren't designed to fit their hands), and 1 of the rifles is so long it doesn't fit in the storage bay.

Still, the figure designs aren't that great, they used the pre-movie knees for Copperhead and the cockpit tapers in around the legs, so his knees bend in. And I miss the figures being able to bend more at the torso. I've given this line 3 chances, and every time I feel like it could be more, it could be a little better. It's like GI Joe trying to borrow design concepts from the SW line but never getting it all the way right.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Didn't realize it was a TRU exclusive. I thought it was odd that there appeared to be a case or two worth of a single vehicle, but didn't even look at the front for a TRU sticker.

TRU exclusive Doc is silly. Really silly. Eco-Warriors silly.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Still, the figure designs aren't that great, they used the pre-movie knees for Copperhead and the cockpit tapers in around the legs, so his knees bend in. And I miss the figures being able to bend more at the torso. I've given this line 3 chances, and every time I feel like it could be more, it could be a little better. It's like GI Joe trying to borrow design concepts from the SW line but never getting it all the way right.
    Well when you recycle a mold from 1984 put put in a figure that was bulked up for a comic pack and has since been recycled 3-4 more times, it's not going to fit.

JT, the o-ring figure in this day in age is a terrible idea. Vehicles no longer drive GI Joe, so it doesn't make sense that the figures should be designed to accomdate them. The prices we pay to have a little o-ring piece snap in 6 months would be terrible and kill the line permamently. I've spent almost as much in replacement o-rings for the last decades worth of figures than I have on the figures themselves. Death to O-Rings and A LONG PAINFUL AND PUBLIC DEATH to the people who want them to be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    TRU exclusive Doc is silly. Really silly. Eco-Warriors silly.
    Some of the gear in his pack is a little weird. I don't really recognize the plastique that came with Firefly just by looking at it, so if no one had told me otherwise, I would have just assumed it was "a medical thingie." The silver tool seems a little harsh to use on someone, but I can't see it too hard to explain away. Beyond that, he's a medic, so that explains the colors. He's supposed to be easily visible in my mind.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06