Page 49 of 114 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Didn't realize it was a TRU exclusive. I thought it was odd that there appeared to be a case or two worth of a single vehicle, but didn't even look at the front for a TRU sticker.
    I have never seen the first release from last year except in photos, and few of them, so I was thrilled that TRU got a re-release this year. The box has a TRU sticker on the front, but it's the fact that it's a 100% different packaging style that I think sells its exclusivity. Naturally there were a million of them on my TRU run today, but I'm still glad I got the one I found yesterday.

I don't get why that line of vehicles doesn't get more play. The SHARC, the Sky Hawk, the Firebat, the VAMP, the FANG, the HISS, and the Water Moccasin, they all got poor distribution. I think it was the reasonable pricepoint, they're $16 I think and come with a figure, some of the molds were new even.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Well when you recycle a mold from 1984 put put in a figure that was bulked up for a comic pack and has since been recycled 3-4 more times, it's not going to fit.
    The Sting Raider is actually a 100% new mold made in '08, the same year those legs on Copperhead were first used.

JT, the o-ring figure in this day in age is a terrible idea. Vehicles no longer drive GI Joe, so it doesn't make sense that the figures should be designed to accomdate them. The prices we pay to have a little o-ring piece snap in 6 months would be terrible and kill the line permamently. I've spent almost as much in replacement o-rings for the last decades worth of figures than I have on the figures themselves. Death to O-Rings and A LONG PAINFUL AND PUBLIC DEATH to the people who want them to be brought back.
    I never said I wanted O-rings back, although they did allow for a great amount of range, and you could easily repair them yourself even as a kid. But look at the new Jedi Luke, it has a ton of range of motion, and unlike O-rings it holds that pose. If they used something like that but BETTER (they use something like that but MUCH MUCH WORSE) then they'd have something.

BTW, I had some classic ARAH figures who never had their O-rings break after years and years. I still would, but grandma gave away the Defiant Space Launch Complex FULL of my old Joes while I was forced to move to Phoenix.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The Sting Raider is actually a 100% new mold made in '08, the same year those legs on Copperhead were first used.

I never said I wanted O-rings back, although they did allow for a great amount of range, and you could easily repair them yourself even as a kid. But look at the new Jedi Luke, it has a ton of range of motion, and unlike O-rings it holds that pose. If they used something like that but BETTER (they use something like that but MUCH MUCH WORSE) then they'd have something.

BTW, I had some classic ARAH figures who never had their O-rings break after years and years. I still would, but grandma gave away the Defiant Space Launch Complex FULL of my old Joes while I was forced to move to Phoenix.
    Yep, you're right on the mold being new. But I never said I had a problem with the original o-ringed figure. My problem is the last decade or so worth of them that I've spent just as much in repairing them as obtaining the figures. That is a major problem. The vehicles were plagued, much like Legacy, by the case assortments. They would pack in 2 or 3 vehicles that were already released 2x per case while including only 2 new ones at 1x. That stuck the stores with SHARCs and Firebats and caused relegation of things like the Stinger and Arctic HISS to online only status.

And today the RED SHADOWS JoeCon exclusive is revealed. Original Palitoy head on Red Star/Col Brekov body.

http://www.gijoecon.com/ri2010/con10...ps-preview.cfm
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

http://generalsjoes.com/ does say one can previe with free registration at the Club's forrums, but I thought you had to be a member to register and reply there.

Has a teaser image of the GI Joe club exclusive Action Team set that will use 25th/ROC bodies, include DR VENOM, and be available at the Con as well as online.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Did you see who revealed the package art? Lanny! Mabs' archenemy makes an appearance on yet another site!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Yep, you're right on the mold being new. But I never said I had a problem with the original o-ringed figure. My problem is the last decade or so worth of them that I've spent just as much in repairing them as obtaining the figures. That is a major problem. The vehicles were plagued, much like Legacy, by the case assortments. They would pack in 2 or 3 vehicles that were already released 2x per case while including only 2 new ones at 1x. That stuck the stores with SHARCs and Firebats and caused relegation of things like the Stinger and Arctic HISS to online only status.
    Hmm, I've had no experience with the O-rings in the last decade, that could explain my ignorance. I still feel that design was inspired for the time, plus the Joe design of that era made customizing easy. But if they're tearing themselves apart moreso now and you're a big collector, that's gotta be a ton of work.

Stupid case assts, that's Hasbro's downfall, they try to get cute restocking product before knowing if it needs restocking. I think another issue is that it was competing too unfavorably with the movie line. The pricepoint didn't fit, it's $16 and the Alpha vehicles from the movie were the same price despite being much smaller, and the Bravo vehicles were generally the same size as these while being $10 more.

I guess knowing this now, I'm grateful I was able to finally achieve any version of the Water Moccasin, and the TRU deal wasn't too bad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

hisstank.com has posted pics of the upcoming SDCC exclusive Sgt Slaughter... 2 verisions the variant is the one with the guns... while not as good as the Jakks Build and Brawl version i might have to get one of these guys.... i like the belt and microphone accessories and it reminds me of the vintage Slaughter a little bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	22654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	22655  
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hmmm.... I would've rather had a version without the glasses, but I guess that probably didn't work out from a licensing perspective. I like the look of the normal one, but would rather have guns. Oh well; I can give him some guns from someone else, since they look like they're re-used anyway.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Hmmm.... I would've rather had a version without the glasses, but I guess that probably didn't work out from a licensing perspective. I like the look of the normal one, but would rather have guns. Oh well; I can give him some guns from someone else, since they look like they're re-used anyway.
    I don't remember a scene from the cartoon series where he wasn't wearing the glasses but oh well. i agree about the weapons....thinking of using some custom weapons for the Sgt.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

He went without specs quite a bit in the comic. I was trying to find a pic, but this is the closest I can find--a scan of his more military-styled comic book outfit. (He looked quite different in the comic, more like a real drill sergeant assigned to the Joe team might look like.)

I keep going back and forth on those. After looking at the pics more closely, I like him wearing camo pants more than tights, even if that version lacks the "USA" tank top. But the legs on the camo version are comically short. I'm wondering if I should get the head and slap it on a repainted Roadblock body? Or get both versions? I think the price will be the deciding factor here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Need Hasbro questions for ActionFigs.com for the next round of Q &A...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!