Page 52 of 113 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    The Night Raven is on sale for $19.99 until sometime in late April. I may actually spring for one of these.
    I bought one for that price, it wasn't worth it. It's an eh vehicle, ok looking but crappy for figure interaction. It's really more of an electronic gun.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    All of them? A lot of Targets had put selected ROC figures on clearance a while back. I remember getting a Cover Girl or two.

It really is a shame the movie sucked and the toys didn't catch on. The figures, for the most part, are some of Hasbro's best work.
    Yes, all of the ones they have. It's not a clearance, it's tagged as a sale.

The figures just aren't inspiring. The movie designs are somewhat plain and drab, the faces somewhat awkward. They aren't very well designed for kids (I think Hasbro overestimates how impressed kids are by giant out-of-scale missile launchers) and they aren't the versions of characters that collectors want to buy. The vehicles are uninspiring and overpriced. It was a misfit line all the way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It was a misfit line all the way.
    i must have missed the danzig and only figures.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I picked up the Rhino vehicle last night at Target. It was on clearance for $14.98. Sweet deal!!
    all my target are sold out of the Rhino... oh well. I can love without it.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I can love without it.
    All you need is love baby!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

You're probably not collecting them, since they're definitely kids toys, but I got my daughter two 12" Joes so her Barbies would have some male companions. It's pretty amazing how disparate the quality was on them. Heavy Duty has a nice sculpt, though it looks nothing like the character. He comes with two machine guns, both with removable parts. But his hands are both one-piece.

Duke, on the other hand, has the more recent hand sculpt with moveable fingers (the index finger being separate from the other three), and is a great likeness. However, he comes with just a nondescript M-16 with a honking ugly strap.

Like I said, if anyone here cares. If I didn't have a kid, I wouldn't.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

that's why sideshow does the 12" star wars figs. cuz hasbro couldn't get good likenesses any longer and didn't seem to be trying

IMO, the reason Sideshow does 12" Star Wars now is because Hasbro ran out of figures to make that they thought they could sell to consumers, so they sub-licensed it to another company to sell the same characters to the same consumers again, thus getting a second slice of the pie.

One of their last SW figs was Dooku, very good likeness. I think it's my only 12" with the hinged Joe hands. And the likeness and outfit were good, but man did those hands suck at holding lightsabers. And the taper of the body was very evident once they took away the muscly body (ugh, that term reminded me of Mr Herbert from Family Guy ).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Opened seven figures I bought at Target and TRU blowouts. One was yet another ROC Baroness. I kept her glasses and accessories, and the figure went to my daughter. She's apparently Helix's mommy.

Arctic Shipwreck is pretty nice. I'm not sure what he's going to become, but I love the body sculpt (mostly, if not all, re-use of the Ice Viper). I'm actually thinking of an Arctic Crimson Guard.

Snow Serpent, according to yojoe.com, isn't a straight-up repaint, but has some new parts. I've not compared him side-by-side with the earlier ones. He now includes an icepick. I'm just a sucker for Snow Serpents. I don't know why.

Bench-Press is one sweet figure, though kinda weird. I'm not sure why a machine gunner is armed with a chainsaw. I figured it was a good idea to have an extra super-muscled body, and the headsculpt is nice. (If I'd not gotten the Legacy Stormtrooper set, I'd use this head for Joe Colton.)

Desert Ambush Duke is pretty nice. I picked him up with a character in mind who has nothing to do with the desert.

Doc... Man. The figure is great. The accessories are awesome. But why is he freakin' neon orange and yellow? Honestly, aside from the colors, he'd be one of the best in the line.

Paris Pursuit Baroness is bloody sweet, too. These figures really are so much better than that movie deserved. I'm thinking I'm going to leave her close to as-is, maybe with a little paint detailing (I've really got a crapload of half-finished figures waiting for paint), just to be some cool female Cobra. Maybe Erika LaTene.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh, and here's a proposed question for next time:

We know you've been asked about possible figures based on IDW's highly successful Cobra series, as well as the other comics set in this universe. The Free Comic Book Day preview of the new continuation of the original comic book series already has some pretty sweet-looking new designs. If you were to re-visit the 25th Anniversary line in some form, might you consider immortalizing some of these designs in figure form, since they technically fall in the "classic" universe? (I'm thinking of Billy's new Cobra duds, Cobra Commander's latest awesome battle armor, and, most especially, the Cobra Troopers with the American flag on their helmets. Really, that would just take slapping a little flag on the helmet of a re-release of an existing figure.)

(If you need a reference, this is what I'm referring to with the "patriotic" Cobras: http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=1271961402.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I heard that Hasbro revealed at JoeCon that The Pursuit of Cobra would end in Spring of 2011 to make room for their new GI Joe Cartoon Toys...

That really bums me out if it is true. I was really getting into this line because of their (some what) realistic portrayal. I really don't want a bunch of cartoony looking figures to totally uproot this line.