Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Picked up the 12" Cobra Commander today for my daughter (who, seriously, asked for it). It's a mixed bag, but the good outweighs the bad. They cheaped out on the legs, which are rather lacking, and the torso, which is bare "flesh" with a strap-on armor plate. Luckily, the coat and an incredible job on the head more than make up for its shortcomings.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks to Chux my 25th Anniversary Collection is complete... now to just set them all up and take a couple of pics for display...

thanks again Chux.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

No prob.

In a small, rural town about two hours from Chicago, visiting my wife's family. There must not be any collectors around here. Went to Wal-Mart, and their clearance Joes included some of the rarer ones--Sgt Stone and several Breakers, among others. Their vehicles were three Mole Pods, three of the repainted Firebat (can't recall the name), and three of the Mantis Sub. I never saw the latter two at retail in California, I don't think.

Needless to say, I will make sure that I get by Target and see how their selection compares.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The next wave of GI Joes is available at HTS right now. Some figures are already sold out.

And, finally, one Target (out of four I've been to in two days) has finally marked down the Deluxe figures to $7. I snagged Grand Slam, Storm Shadow, and Wet Suit with their vehicles, as well as an extra CLAW and two extra SNAKEs. Passed on the Strato-Viper, since I have a ton of them and his jetpack sucks.

Also got the two ripcord vehicles, which were about $6.50. I'm hoping they'll look decent without the stupid ripcord devices.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I finally saw those Deluxes on clearance at Target as well. I picked up Storm Shadow + cycle today. I'll probably get Wet Suit next time, if still available.

I guess we can just leave this thread in use and not start a "Pursuit of Cobra" thread?

Got the new Snow CAT (whatever it's called) and the HISS Mark 4,673 today. Also took advantage of the 25% off clearance and BOGO sales on Joes to get two more CG packs for less than $20.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Aaaaaand... For some strange reason, some jerk bought a brand spanking new HISS 5, removed the chassis assembly and a few of the guns, and took it back to the store.

Really, the &^%$ thing hasn't been out for a week. Is it asking too much for a week before the swappers start doing this junk.

And what the hell would anyone want with the chassis? I don't think it's compatible with any other toy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was surprised at how big the new HISS turned out! From the pics I saw before finding it, I actually expected it to be about half the size the assembled toy is! I honestly have no clue, after having put it together, how they'd managed to fit it into that tiny little box!

The Snow Cat, er, I mean "Wolf Hound" (stupidest rename ever) was at my local TRU with no shelf tag or space of any kind, it was sitting on top of movie vehicle boxes. My guess is an employee brought out the case and mostly it got snatched up, then someone said "this is the same damned toy my dad played with as a kid for 3x the money!!!" and put it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Aaaaaand... For some strange reason, some jerk bought a brand spanking new HISS 5, removed the chassis assembly and a few of the guns, and took it back to the store.

Really, the &^%$ thing hasn't been out for a week. Is it asking too much for a week before the swappers start doing this junk.

And what the hell would anyone want with the chassis? I don't think it's compatible with any other toy.
    Ugh, that really, really sucks. I hope you get your money back. I wish they'd fire their lazy employees who don't know collectibles need to be checked for that stuff.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.