Page 57 of 114 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    I mentioned under the "repacking toys" thread that I had no issue--thankfully, the other two HISSes were still there. The lady at the counter even remembered the dude who brought it back. I hope this prevents him from returning further toys.

Looks like, as best I can tell, the guy got it for the ceremonial Cobra staff, which is packed with the cannons, and left those and the chassis out to fit it back in the box. (Even without the chassis and weapons, I had a hard time getting the other pieces back in.)

Wolf Hound Snow CAT looks to be mostly the same as the original, with a remodeled launcher. I've read it's all new, though, and, if so, they did a fine job of replicating the old one. It even has the Snow CAT logo on it, which looks nothing like a wolf, hound, or wolfhound.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Actually... after assembling my own HISS 5, I think the weapons were all taken because there are several spots for weapons so they can be placed in different locations on the vehicle. They don't look bad, but I can see some uber-anal collector wanting no exposed holes. There are also two slots for the flags, though it includes one.

Overall, I must say the HISS 5 is rather disappointing. The range of movement is not nearly what it looked to be in advance photos. It's not awful, but don't buy this for $25 under any circumstances. Even the (effectively) $18.75 I paid seems borderline pricey for this one. They did do a really sweet kitbash job on the new HISS Driver; I guess he'll be some sort of elite pilot or something since he's different enough from the old ones, though clearly the same basic design.

The Snow CAT is nice. Like I said, it looks like the old one, which a few very minor differences that only geeks who had both would even have a chance of picking up on (like resized foot pegs). The only drawback--if they had to remake it from scratch, as they supposedly did, why not scale it up? It's clearly still made for 3.75" figures, and even the included driver is too tall to fit in the cab.

Sort of a neat throwback to an obscure 2000 character (that I'd never heard of until looking up the name), Whiteout, even if his bio is practically nonexistent and he's just a repainted ROC Snow Job with a new head.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wow, I'm bummed to hear that about both. I love the Snow Cat, so hearing they redid it and it's still too small for the new figures, that's lame. As for the HISS, that's downright depressing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    ...but I can see some uber-anal collector wanting no exposed holes.
    [FONT=Courier New]That's what she said.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

picked up 2 Night Adders, Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes and Duke (military fatigues) at TRU yesterday with the BOGO sale... using the SE and Duke for parts to make custom Highlander figures of both Connor Macleod and Duncan MacLeod. hopefully I can pull these 2 figures off and be able to post pics of them soon.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

TRU had the new Ghost Hawk and Dreadnok cycle (why didn't they have these last week when the sale was on?) and the new Quick Kick and Spirit figures. I'll wait on the vehicles. I'm not even sure I like the look of the Ghost Hawk.

I was going to pass on both figures, until I saw that Spirit has a new head that will be better for Kwinn than any I have so far.

Of the SDCC stuff, the Scout HISS and Cobra Shock Trooper look the sweetest to me. I'm sure there will be more to see as the Con progresses.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

was shocked the last night at Walmart... they have all of the ROC figures (destro, Viper, Paris Pursuit Storm Shadow and Rex) all marked up, not down like Target and TRU but up to $9.99 per figure... I guess I won't be buying those anytime soon. so much for rollbacks more like rollups
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

bummed... been trying all morning to get a SDCC Sgt. Slaughter figure and no luck... Hasbro didn't put it up till almost 11:30 and by the time I was able to log back on it was already sold out... I logged off at 11:25 (not even on the website) and tried again at 11:31 and they were already sold out. Not cool Hasbro.

spotted the TRU exclusive POC Spirit and Quick-Kick yesterday in East Brunswick.... thinking about getting Quick-Kick but the Spirit is going to be a pass for me, just not liking the sculpt and or design of the figure...

thinking about going back and getting the QK and perhaps the Artic Threat Doc figure as well but not 100% at the moment

Picked up the new Pursuit of Cobra Snake Eyes at Target yesterday, left Duke, Snowjob, Beachhead, and a pair of Storm Shadows.

Snake Eyes is ok, but his web vest being turned into a leather jacket is a bit much for me. I love how they did his visor, it's a separate piece glued on the sides to the mask, and they painted eyes on the head underneath if you want to break it off. The belt is constantly unbuckling. The twin uzis seem to be designed to clip onto his jacket or belt loops around his legs, but don't really angle nicely when they do. The sword and scabbard are simple but very effective. The larger gun is eh. Timber is a little cartoony-looking with a simple eye paint and a much larger in the front than rear body design, and has a head-raising gimmick by pushing down his tail, though the head can't go as high this way as manually. It's an ok set, but I really don't know if I care enough about this series to keep going. The arm joints seem good, but the leg designs are still trying to have the classic design with modern knees and I think that fails every time. The head is a tiny useless ball joint with ugly sculpting that's hidden by the collar mostly. The torso is jointed under jacket and is essentially just a swivel since its movement restricted by the jacket, they gave him ZERO sculpting in the torso and that's a bummer.

There's something kinda fruity about Duke and Storm Shadow having no sleeves, and SS was just trying too hard to be different. Beachhead looked cool but way too similar to Snake Eyes in coloring and sculpt and accessories. Snow Job looked decent with lots of accessories but I passed because I got too many arctic-themed figures as a kid and don't want to go down that path again, but if I get into this line any more than it is, he'll be on my list. They didn't have the others, if they did, I would have bought the Alley Viper, I have always been a sucker for that one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.