Page 58 of 114 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    beachhead looks more like firefly should. don't know what's up with the mortal kombat mouthpiece that firefly sports.

spotted the POC figures at target today (next to the empty SW pegs). the aliens/robotech suits didn't catch my interest, so i left them behind. picked up some of the single carded figs and the dreadnok cycle. waffling on the ghosthawk.

Got my POC wave 1 case from BBTS yesterday. These are some intense figures. It's sad to think this level of quality Joes will be going away next spring to be replaced by the Renegades line.

Got Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes today. Left Beach Head--he looks sweet, but, well, he's another Beach Head.

I got Snake Eyes mostly for (what I thought was) the articulated Timber. Reading JT's comments on his gimmick makes me sad.

Storm Shadow, well, no way was I going to get it. Then I saw it, and no way could I pass. He's awesome.

Also got the leftover deluxe figures (Grand Slam and Wetsuit) for $2.48, and another Gunship for $6 and change.

Oh, and one local Wal-Mart still has wave 1 of the ROC figures. They marked them up to $9.99 within the past week!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Snake Eyes is a very nice figure. However, DO NOT LEAVE THIS STORM SHADOW ON THE PEGS IF YOU BUY A SINGLE GIJOE FIGURE!! Though I won't be using him as Storm Shadow, per se, this might be the single best figure to bear that name.

Sure, the history is off (samurai desert armor... WTF?), and the sheer amount of weaponry he carries is absurd (six, count them six swords, not counting the claws and the thing the filecard calls a manriki-gusari but I'm not 100% sure is because of the mace ends), but, holy crap, this is one beautiful figure.

I've got the claws stashed away, and have him holding the maybe-not-manriki-gusari with two swords (one long and one short) attached to the ends, and the other four swords in his backpack. Trust me, it looks sweet.

I shall call him the Cobra Voldemort Ninja. Why? Because no one speaks his name and lives.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, I would have bought Storm Shadow last week during TRU's 2 for 9.99 sale but someone grabbed him and Alley Viper before me.

I had to settle for Firefly and Beachhead, both of which aren't that bad btw.

I just found the POC figures today! First off, why are they $9.95? I thought for sure they would be cheaper than the Star Wars figures being as how GI Joe is Hasbro's own brand and all.

Anyways, it's a small issue, I got $1 off each one with my Walmart discount.

I only picked up Snow Job (the guy I've been looking forward to all year), Snake Eyes and Beachhead. Duke and Storm Shadow just looked to "comic booky" for my tastes.

Snow Job is awesome! I remember having the ARAH figure as a kid without any accessories whatsoever and boy was he a boring toy. I loved the fact that he was supposed to come with skis, poles, and a backpack that could hold it all; but mine was missing all of that. So this is kind of a consolation figure that makes up for all the disappointment that I felt with my beat up old Snow Job toy as a kid. He also has a ton of accessories that I would have gone totally crazy for back then too! (I absolutely love the bright red gas can! )

Although, I would like to find a picture that illustrates exactly how all of his accessories are supposed to clip onto his backpack. There are a couple of items that I just can't seem to find a place for (mainly the frying pan looking accessory). My only small complaint is that I wish he came with a pistol for close range combat and not just the sniper rifle. Fortunately, there are figures like Beachhead who seem to have weapons to spare....

Beachhead is pretty cool. Although I can't say that I was ever really a big fan of his original action figure. I did like his character in the TV show though. Again lots of cool accessories and I really like the NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) mask.

Snake-Eyes is another Snake-Eyes. It's kind of sad that I'm becoming so jaded to this character considering how much I wanted an action figure of him as a kid and never saw one until the 1990s, long after I had graduated high school. I like Timber's "action feature" it's a nice way to avoid releasing yet another immobile Timber toy. I also really like how Snake-Eyes' uzis clip onto his flak vest. Not sure how I feel about his movable visor revealing his eyes yet; but overall, he's easily the best modern update of Snake-Eyes yet.

At $9 each (after my discount) I'm going to be very selective about who I buy from this line, but I'm definitely happy with what I have purchased so far.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Oh yeah, the picture of the Snowcat on the back of Snow Job's card has me hopeful. Are we going to see the Snowcat released again in the POC line?

BTW, I don't like writing POC when describing these toys because it always sounds more like an acronym for "Piece Of Crap."
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Snow CAT has already been released, under the name "Wolf Hound." It's a nice update, though a tad undersized since the figures are 4" and not 3.75".

However, you might not like what I say next.

I confirmed at several WM's that all Joe figures, ROC and POC, are ten bucks. I saw the entire set today. I even saw the chase Cobra Commander (who I would get for less, but he ain't no ten-dollar figure).

TRU and Target are a full $3 less. I got the two I have at Target and saw two Dukes today. Duke looks like butt.

The rest of the series is awesome. I'll probably pass on Snow Job and Firefly (and already did on Beach Head and Duke), but I'll grab a few of those Alley Vipers, who finally found a non-ridiculous color scheme. And, if he's not "Clear Wraith rare," I'll get Cobra Commander.

Oh, and I took advantage of the BOGO sale at TRU to get the Doom Cycle and Ghost Hawk (which is growing on me).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Snow CAT has already been released, under the name "Wolf Hound." It's a nice update, though a tad undersized since the figures are 4" and not 3.75".

However, you might not like what I say next.

I confirmed at several WM's that all Joe figures, ROC and POC, are ten bucks. I saw the entire set today. I even saw the chase Cobra Commander (who I would get for less, but he ain't no ten-dollar figure).

TRU and Target are a full $3 less. I got the two I have at Target and saw two Dukes today. Duke looks like butt.

The rest of the series is awesome. I'll probably pass on Snow Job and Firefly (and already did on Beach Head and Duke), but I'll grab a few of those Alley Vipers, who finally found a non-ridiculous color scheme. And, if he's not "Clear Wraith rare," I'll get Cobra Commander.

Oh, and I took advantage of the BOGO sale at TRU to get the Doom Cycle and Ghost Hawk (which is growing on me).
    That's weird that Walmart would charge so much more. However, considering how few of these figures I will likely buy combined with the fact that the nearest Target and TRU are more than an hour's drive away for me. I think I would waste more money driving to TRU and Target to save $2 per figure than just buying them at my local Walmart.

I guess I should have checked the size of the new figures compared to my vintage Snowcat; but it's all packed up right now since I'm getting ready to move.

I would actually love to see a complete upgrade of the vehicle. Larger with more realistic/modern details, working treads, the full shebang.