Page 60 of 114 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    I'm getting the feeling that distribution of POC at least at Target and their whooping 3 pegs dedicated for it, is going to be even worse than distribution for some waves of the 25th figures.

I can't imagine that Target did not look closely at sales of the movie figures and then dramatically cut back on orders for POC.

I went back to my local Target, hoping Storm Shadow was still there but both were bought already.

I've been to four Targets that had new stuff, and the amount varied pretty widely. It does look like what they're getting is selling better than the ROC toys.

But that's not why I am posting again.

Holy nuts, you guys are going to want to army-build the Alley Viper! I wasn't aware of this, but he comes with three helmets: gas mask, classic Alley Viper, and Resolute Alley Viper!

This fellow is freaking sweet! I must have more! I must!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sorry to monopolize the thread, but I'm wondering about the kneepads on several figures. I first noticed on the ROC Heavy Duty figures that he has one knee painted differently, as if it were a kneepad. It was definitely intentional, as it was repeated through various subsequent repaints.

Now, I've seen the same sort of thing on the POC Spirit and Duke figures. Except now, it's not just painted differently, but sculpted differently from the other knee.

It would seem to me that it would make more sense to have two kneepads. Is there an actual real-world explanation for why these figures would have this quirk?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hit WM yesterday, they had the whole line including the vibrant red COBRA card for CC. But guess who they didn't have? C'mon, guess. That's right, even at $10, the Alley Viper is too enticing to leave on pegs.

TRU had a few remnants, mainly Storm Shadow with wonky-painted eyes. He looks like the figure to have the most lost accessories of all time.

WM also had the Doom Cycle and Ghost Hawk at $15, but the Doom Cycle's sculpt looks pretty soft for the pricepoint, and the Ghost Hawk I want to buy but cannot justify all those painted-over windows at the price.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dude, trust me, the Doom Cycle is worth the price. I'm serious; if it gets cheaper, I'm getting extra for all my Dreadnoks. (I like it for $15, but can't afford several of them for that.)

The fact that you've found a Cobra Commander, and the folks reporting in this thread have seen at least four in the two days the line has officially been out, makes me not too concerned. I like the figure quite a bit; I'm using him as a sort of Crimson Honor Guard, and hope to get another.

What's with the weird crank-gun he has, though?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The only reason CC is findable right now, I suspect, is because WM has jacked up the price to $10.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I found him at Target, though. I read on a few sites that he's not much of a chase figure, being one per case. It also looks like CC will be in one of the revision cases, despite initial reports otherwise, though no one's clear if he'll still be on the Cobra card.

I think I said earlier, but they had one each of Storm Shadow, Duke, the Alley Viper, and Cobra Commander. My guess is the "chase" aspect will only appeal to hardcore adult completists (most casual and "semi-completist" collectors have given up on most of their silly chase figures, methinks), and kids won't care. Plus, he's just a repainted ROC figure. I was a little surprised to see how many Joe collectors loathe the figure; aside from the silly movie design, I thought it was one of the nicest figures in Joe history.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 08-02-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I've been to four Targets that had new stuff, and the amount varied pretty widely. It does look like what they're getting is selling better than the ROC toys.

But that's not why I am posting again.

Holy nuts, you guys are going to want to army-build the Alley Viper! I wasn't aware of this, but he comes with three helmets: gas mask, classic Alley Viper, and Resolute Alley Viper!

This fellow is freaking sweet! I must have more! I must!!
    I already have 3 Alley Vipers from the Cobra Island set but you've convinced me that I need more.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Renegades launches in October with the Hub Network. It's not Resolute, and is aimed at kids, but they've said it pulls no punches and has writers with credentials including Batman: The Animated Series.

Stupid thing is, for both this and Transformers: Prime (launching at the same time), they have no plans for toys! Hasbro buys a TV network, uses it to show old and new Joe and TF cartoons, and isn't going to take advantage in the toy aisles? Stupid.
    At SDCC, I asked one of the Hasbro people working the GI Joe side of the booth about how long the POC line would last, in terms of maintaining the articulation style, before being replaced. According to him, the POC ends next spring to be replaced by a Renegades line, though he said he could not talk about it when I asked about it being cartoony or realistic. I imagine something similar will happen with TF:Prime.

Cool. I'm pretty sure at another recent convention, they said there were currently no plans, so it's good to know. Still, launching two shows in October, and not having any related toys until after Christmas sounds stupid.
    Tommy, close your eyes.