Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I wouldn't mind army building Firefly but seeing as how there are going to be great army builders in the Shock Troopers and the Jungle Vipers, I better hold off. If the jungle coverings are removable, then I'll want even more of those Vipers.

I'm so thrilled with the POC figures I have that I'm actually considering getting a HISS.
    I highly recommend the HISS! I absolutely love the design, it's very well engineered and put together, has a ton of detail, and I was totally surprised at how huge it turned out to be once I got mine assembled! I still can't fully grasp how they got all that plastic to fit into such a tiny box. I have to say that I think this may actually be one of my favorite all-time Joe vehicles in this size range!

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    I highly recommend the HISS! I absolutely love the design, it's very well engineered and put together, has a ton of detail, and I was totally surprised at how huge it turned out to be once I got mine assembled! I still can't fully grasp how they got all that plastic to fit into such a tiny box. I have to say that I think this may actually be one of my favorite all-time Joe vehicles in this size range!
    You must be the anti-Chux. I thought it was a great idea, poorly executed. If I hadn't gotten it during one of TRU's BOGO sales, I would've felt ripped off.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Hmm...consider me almost sold on one! I'll just wait for some sort of sale be it at Target or TRU.

Anyone have any experience with the Avatar (blue guys, not Last Airbender) vehicles? Are they well-made, and do they work with Joes? I saw a mech suit that would complement the Cobra mech nicely.

Speaking of which, someone returned one with the Cyber Viper switched out for an AVAC (from the Firebat). Why? Switch a nice figure with another nice figure. If it'd been marked down, I would've gotten it anyway, but it wasn't.

Also, anyone familiar with the 1:18 scale Abrams tank Target is selling for $29.99? That looks like it'd go with Joes pretty nicely, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You must be the anti-Chux. I thought it was a great idea, poorly executed. If I hadn't gotten it during one of TRU's BOGO sales, I would've felt ripped off.
    What was your problem with it? I couldn't imagine anything having been done better on this one.

Anyone have any experience with the Avatar (blue guys, not Last Airbender) vehicles? Are they well-made, and do they work with Joes? I saw a mech suit that would complement the Cobra mech nicely.
    I've got all of them - mostly with the intention of using them with my Joes, though I did buy all the Avatar figures as well. They're very nicely detailed, but the scale is slightly smaller. The mech suit can hold modern Joes easily, but they'll be a little more cramped than the Avatar figures. Honestly though, the Avatar figures tend to bounce around a bit in the mech suit. The RDA Grinder is really nice, and actually looks a little better scaled for the four inch GI Joe figures. The Scorpion gunship will fit a GI Joe figure, but it takes some doing to get them in there and the cockpit closed up.

Also, anyone familiar with the 1:18 scale Abrams tank Target is selling for $29.99? That looks like it'd go with Joes pretty nicely, too.
    Got that one too! It's an awesome toy! I just wish I could find some decently sized GI Joe stickers to put on it...

Some figures fit well, others not so well. The first time I tried one, all I had on hand was a Night Creeper. He fit with no problem. Later I tried to slap Lift Ticket in one, and he wouldn't go in no matter how I tried to get him in.

My brother is looking to get one of these, and I suspect I'll like it well enough to get one myself. I wish I had the money to get one when Target and TRU had the Elite Force 1:18 vehicles a few years ago. I have the 1:18 Black Hawk and Apache and really like them. He wants to grab the Bradley too, but he's curious if the toy really works as a troop carrier.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

My main problems with the HISS are the difficulty in shifting "modes" (the pieces tend to stick) and the way the treads rub against the tank itself in the down position. Also, it would be nice to have more than two cannons, since there are about six thousand holes in it, but that's a minor detail. Would've been nice if there'd been at least one clear window, since they made such a nice HISS Driver update.

I don't regret getting it, but $25 seems a bit much for it. (However, upon further review, it is big, regardless of its flaws, and vehicles are getting more expensive overall.)

Thanks for the input on the other stuff--they looked cool, but just expensive enough that I wanted some info. The Avatar suits I saw at a Mattel store, so there was no way to compare them with Joes, and I couldn't tell if the Abrams had features or was a brick. I'll probably get both, as well as the Cobra mech suit (and the second, if the second wave gets released). Even if I wind up getting the Joe mech suits, I'll re-purpose them for Cobra--the mechs look like the slightly futuristic thing Cobra would cook up, but they don't gel with the Joe team for me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I scored a second Cobra Commander today, leaving another on the shelf. All that were left were Dukes, Stormies, Snakes, and the other CC.

I also found a coupon for 50% off at the local Mattel store, and think I'll stop by again and get the Avatar mech in the next couple of days before it expires. I saw the Joe mechs at TRU, too, so I'll probably get one (and maybe two, or a second Ghost Hawk) during the next BOGO sale.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think if anything my HISS tank tends to pop up too readily. I'm a bit demanding than some when it comes to toys, though so I saw that as a very minor issue.

I should've pointed put that the Abrams doesn't have much room inside for figures - actually only the hatches themselves hold figures, and there's no real interior. Still, a very nice toy.

I actually never cared much for the design of that Cobra Commander figure until I saw it in person in the new color scheme (I do own both versions.) Something about that paint app really makes that design work for me.

POC Duke seems to be the pegwarmer at my local stores which is a shame because it's a great figure.

I got Snow Job yesterday after passing him up twice. Now if only Spirit and Quick Kick would show up at any of my local TRUs.