Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    The new HISS is a strong idea and I bought 2 during the BOGO days, but when I finally got around to building one on Sunday. I was not as impressed as I wanted to be. The vehicle seems incomplete, like in the design phase there was more added that got removed before final production. Additionally, there is an overabundance of stickers to adhere and so many of them are miniscule and unnecessary. I like being given extra letters and numbers to customize with. I liked the vehicle, overall, but I wanted to enjoy it more.

Though it's sad to see consensus on the one hand, it's nice to have confirmation there's nothing actually wrong with my HISS... at least not anything that's not wrong with all of them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I guess I'm the only person who found a good one?

posted over at Hisstank.com:

possibly some good news for those of us who missed out on the SDCC Sgt. Slaughter figures:

From Hasbro PR:

To the G.I. JOE fan community,

The passion displayed since Comic-Con on fan-forums regarding the special edition Sgt. Slaughter figures has been truly remarkable. It proves that there is a huge appetite to see this character in action figure form and we’re thrilled that the designs were so well received. We know the Sarge himself, who you may have had the chance to meet in the Hasbro booth at Comic-Con, would be honored to see such an outpouring of support and desire for this special edition figure in his likeness.

We understand there has been a misperception that Hasbro Toy Shop did not offer the primary or variant versions of the figure on the website after Comic-Con as has recently been tradition. This is not true. As publicized prior to the convention, there were indeed a limited number of Sgt. Slaughter figures (both variant and primary) available after the show; a reserve set aside specifically for HasbroToyShop.com as there is with all of our special edition figures.

Due to the overwhelming popularity, the figures sold out extremely fast. While we cannot provide a number of how many were available for practical business reasons, we do understand the frustration of those fans who were hoping to purchase the Comic-Con figures online after the convention. However, the very nature of these special edition figures dictates that they will be made in very limited quantities and availability cannot be guaranteed. Again, coupled with a strong demand for these figures, the supply available at both the convention and online afterwards went incredibly fast. Our primary goal is to make as many figures available at the show for the convention attendees. We are glad that we are also able to make some figures available online to those not able to make it to San Diego, but again, this quantity is limited.

It is important to note that the best opportunity to obtain these special edition figures is at the convention itself.

While we cannot guarantee anything at this time, because of the demand by fans who could not get the Comic-Con figures, we are looking at making the Sgt. Slaughter figures available again at retail, albeit in different packaging and likely not as single-carded basic figures. While details are not final we are making progress for late Spring ’11 and will have news in a couple months. We look forward to updating you then.

Thank you once again for the enthusiasm and support.

Sincerely,

The G.I. JOE brand team
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Awesome news. Thanks to a friend who was at the Con the entire time, I got one (Triple-T variant, which fits better with my Joe collection), but I know he sold out well before the Con was over and this frustrated a lot of folks. It makes sense, both in keeping fans happy and in getting the most mileage out of a sculpt they most likely had to pay a royalty to use.

Wonder what the chances are of seeing a figure without the shades?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

POC wave 2 is starting to appear in SoCal Targets.

I didn't find any however.

If my sources (quick Google search) are correct, this wave is:

Zartan: Likely pass. Not different enough from the basic Zartan from the 25th line.
    Recondo: Maybe. Nice figure. Not Recondo, but a nice figure.
    Destro: Probably. This figure looks sweet.
    Dusty: Maybe. Definitely not Dusty, but the figure is nice-looking.
    Jungle Viper: Probably. I'm not as crazy about it as everyne else seems to be, but it's cool.
    Snake Eyes: No. He looks goofy, and, IIRC, this is the one with "karate chop action" or some such crap. I'd only get it for custom fodder IF folks online report that he can be disassembled same as any other Joe without the feature impeding this.

So mostly "probably" and "maybe," with one firm "no." Not a strong wave, IMO.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If my sources (quick Google search) are correct, this wave is:

Zartan: Likely pass. Not different enough from the basic Zartan from the 25th line.
    Recondo: Maybe. Nice figure. Not Recondo, but a nice figure.
    Destro: Probably. This figure looks sweet.
    Dusty: Maybe. Definitely not Dusty, but the figure is nice-looking.
    Jungle Viper: Probably. I'm not as crazy about it as everyne else seems to be, but it's cool.
    Snake Eyes: No. He looks goofy, and, IIRC, this is the one with "karate chop action" or some such crap. I'd only get it for custom fodder IF folks online report that he can be disassembled same as any other Joe without the feature impeding this.

So mostly "probably" and "maybe," with one firm "no." Not a strong wave, IMO.

gotta say Chux almost completely agree with you description of Wave 2 but I'm looking forward to seeing the Zartan figure...not too interested in Destro though...

might get Recondo and Dusty to use as generic Joes, and have to see what accessories that Snake Eyes comes with before making my decision... really looking forward to the 2011 figures though....Shock Trooper, Lowlight and the Snake Eyes from that wave.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I'll get Recondo, Dusty and at least 2 Jungle Vipers. Meanwhile, I'm still working on finding Quick Kick and Spirit. My local TRU has zero POC figures on the pegs and has not restocked since they had that BOGO sale weeks ago.

I found POC wave 2 at my local Target this morning and bought all of them except for gimmick Snake Eyes.

I've not opened all of them yet but the Jungle Viper is pretty awesome. At SDCC, it looked like the camo coverings and the attachment points for them might be cumbersome and unwieldy but that's not really the case.

On Dusty, it looks like they're using the same fabric from the VTSC Tusken. I actually like the figure better without that fabric and with the alternate head. Even if you guys don't want to use him as Dusty, he makes a pretty good desert grunt.