Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
    My wave 5 case arrived 2 days ago. Just like the wave 6 case, HTS did nothing more than stick a shipping label to the case. It goes without saying that the cards were dinged. I'm not a huge stickler for pristine cards, but if I'm paying retail, I'd like the card to at be fair. I contacted them and they sent me a UPS shipping label to return the case. They claim that once they've received the case, they'll credit my account. In the meantime, I had to reorder the case, which they insisted would ship out double boxed. Only time will tell...

That really sucks. You'd think, since they appear to be making far fewer of them, that they could check them more closely.

In all seriousness, though, I've noticed more quality issues with Joes than Star Wars or Transformers. I've seen a few broken figures in the other lines, but they were broken. Missing parts are more common with Joes for some reason, from what I've seen. If one of the EU Stormtroopers didn't re-use the basic Cobra knife, the very first Cobra Officer I bought would still be knife-less.

I saw a Cobra Deviant at Ross for $7.99 but having one already and not wanting extras of the mech suit, decided to pass on it.

I made some acquisitions at SDCC - got variant and regular Zarana, both of which sold out by Friday afternoon of SDCC along with the
    Starscream Skystriker. Seeing that one in person really tempted me to get one but the limit was one per person and I ended up getting
    it for fellow SSGer Maradona.

Also, at my local Target today, I used the DCPI to score the regular Skystriker. I had a $25 gift card so it ended up being only around
    $13 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I made some acquisitions at SDCC - got variant and regular Zarana, both of which sold out by Friday afternoon of SDCC along with the
    Starscream Skystriker. Seeing that one in person really tempted me to get one but the limit was one per person and I ended up getting
    it for fellow SSGer Maradona.
    For which he is EXTREMELY thankful.

Hey Roojay, how's it going?

Well, some of the SDCC exclusives are up on HTS right now! I just ordered Starscream Skystriker, using both the COMIC2011 code as well as that Groupon coupon for HTS from a few weeks back, it brought the price of this beauty down to $18.92!

Take that SDCC dealers that are asking $150 for this on a certain auction site. Even worse, while I was in that HTS line, I saw quite a few people who had purchased the Starscream Skystrikers try to exchange the ones they had bought for another one on account of the box having wear and tear. And more often than not, the cashiers would accommodate them. Hey, thanks for holding up the line like that!

Going great! Thanks for asking! You?

Yeah, I was just commenting this morning to a friend of mine that I'd hoped Hasbro wouldn't do something awesome like put the exclusive up for sale on the site sometime while I was busy sleeping. Got to work this evening to discover they'd done exactly that! HOORAY for me!

Anyone want to help a brother out with Zarana and maybe the Indy set? Please?

Roojay, if only you had asked for help before SDCC!

Skystriker Starscream arrived from HTS today but they neglected to pack the invoice. In hindsight, I should have just bought him at the con (though I ended up with considerable savings buying on HTS) and then I could have opened it right in front of the many dealers. Have any of you seen the ridiculous prices they're asking on this one? $150????

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Roojay, if only you had asked for help before SDCC!
    Thanks man! Now I really wish i had!