Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1131
    Made a trip to Las Vegas yesterday and found Lifeline, Airtight, Sci Fi, and Law & Order hanging on the pegs at TRU. I was shocked. I'd never seen them in the wilds of the LA area. I thought that I might find Renegades Storm Shadow, but no such luck. Maybe some day...

While the Retaliation stuff shown at JoeCon looks bloody amazing, and there are more than a few concept figures I hope make it to production (HEAT Viper!), I hope a lot of the concept stuff never happens. One Zombie Viper is plenty. Zombie everythings are not. They're moronic. And the insane number of ninjas turns even me off. Besides, if you're going ninja crazy, how about less 90s-eriffic versions of Nunchuk, Dojo, T'Bang, Night Creepers (all versions, including a dedicated Aleph figure), Firefly V2, Blind Master, Jinx, and, most of all, a frickin' Billy already?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The concept figures shown are predominantly outstanding. I wish they had gone into production and can't see why they were scrapped. Given that there will be nothing new in Joe land until next year, I'm sure Hasbro would have liked them to come out, too.

They do look sweet, and would've been preferable to nothing.

Still, having the line overtaken by ninjas and zombies isn't my cup of tea. (Maybe I might feel different if they'd at least tossed in a Toxo-Viper and Toxo-Zombie, or even a zombified Hazard Viper.)

I noticed there were a few varieties of zombified Joe army builders who were based on concept Joe army builders that weren't produced. And it appears the Retaliation Joe Trooper is indeed a carryover and wasn't originally intended for the Retaliation line.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hey Chux, did you end up subscribing to the service or passing?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I passed. Way too pricey, and few of the figures were things that interested me. Grunt in tan, woo, and more Brazil-only character I've never heard of! Oh, and guys who were so obscure I had to look them up to see if they were fan-made or not.

Dice is a kitbash, and I've already gotten all the parts to customize him, anyway, even if he's in the huge stack of unfinished characters. I've got a better-looking Cover Girl mostly finished, too. Iron Klaw and Big Boa were the only ones who really tempted me; I can make do with a not-entirely accurate Big Boa (whenever they get around to making a MU Weapon X), since I was never a big fan, and Iron Klaw is not even ARAH. Oh, and Jinx, who's based on the Sigma Six version, and I always found it moronic that she'd cover her eyes. (Being trained to fight without seeing doesn't mean she'd willingly sacrifice an entire sense.)

Just not worth the cost overall. I'd even be willing to pay slightly more for Big Boa, Iron Klaw, and probably the BAT, maybe even a couple of the others. But being forced to buy them all when it's mostly junk, meh.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I passed. Way too pricey, and few of the figures were things that interested me. Grunt in tan, woo, and more Brazil-only character I've never heard of! Oh, and guys who were so obscure I had to look them up to see if they were fan-made or not.

Dice is a kitbash, and I've already gotten all the parts to customize him, anyway, even if he's in the huge stack of unfinished characters. I've got a better-looking Cover Girl mostly finished, too. Iron Klaw and Big Boa were the only ones who really tempted me; I can make do with a not-entirely accurate Big Boa (whenever they get around to making a MU Weapon X), since I was never a big fan, and Iron Klaw is not even ARAH. Oh, and Jinx, who's based on the Sigma Six version, and I always found it moronic that she'd cover her eyes. (Being trained to fight without seeing doesn't mean she'd willingly sacrifice an entire sense.)

Just not worth the cost overall. I'd even be willing to pay slightly more for Big Boa, Iron Klaw, and probably the BAT, maybe even a couple of the others. But being forced to buy them all when it's mostly junk, meh.
    I can't say I'm surprised, the way you described it I was a little shocked you were considering it.

Jinx wasn't blindfolded in Sigma Six, you're thinking of VvV. What? I know things too!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Good or bad, I had to at least ponder it. It is new Joe figures, after all. I decided to treat them like all the JoeCon and BotCon exclusive stuff--as if they never existed.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

There's a Dollar General opening near me very soon.

How soon? I don't know. They had a handwritten sign when I drove by last night that said "Opening Sunday Evening." I can confirm it wasn't open as of 30 minutes ago. (Yeah, not evening, but I was driving by anyway.)

I plan to check at least one more time today, and tomorrow if they're not open, and grab what I can. Don't mean to sound cryptic, but, since there's only two in SoCal right now and one of those is way up in Bakersfield, I don't want to risk a ton of scalpers hitting it before me. (I'm pretty certain it's situated so that folks not from here won't know about it, and they had no signage about opening on Thursday afternoon, so I should have a good chance of getting some goodies.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Anyone else here?

Apparently, new DG stores do not get everything in on their first shipments. There wasn't even a peg for them, and the manager confirmed they had not received anything G.I.Joe.
    Tommy, close your eyes.