Page 101 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1136
    I'm missing half of the DG Joe first wave. I need Storm Shadow, the Cobra Trooper, and Duke. The other three were purchased all the way up in Bakersfield. Quite a drive...

The SDCC exclusives sold out within 3 minutes this morning on HTS!

Who would ever have thought that waking up at 5 am to get in line for HTS at SDCC at 6 am and then waiting 2.5 hours would be much easier????

I see that as God's way of saying, "Dude, you didn't need a HISS painted like Shockwave."

I still think the SDCC exclusives should be exclusive, but not something that creates a hole in someone's collection. If there's an original sculpt, it should be released in different packaging at some point.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ha! I actually did have a Shockwave HISS for a fleeting moment and then I let Maradona have it at cost.

It is getting to be a sad situation with HTS and SDCC each year what with collectors, fans not being able to get desired items for their collections. The amount of "profiteering" and "flipping" of exclusives seems to be getting more and more rampant. In just one day at the con, I saw so many people carrying multiple Helicarriers, Bruticus and what not. And every now and then you'll hear one of these guys boasting that their purchases are subsidizing their trips and hotel stays.

Anyhow back to the toys themselves, I opened up both Jinxes and while they're otherwise outstanding figures, they have one flaw (2 in the case of the white variant). Her neck area should be covered up more like the vintage ARAH. White Jinx has the additional flaw of the sword sheath backpack and her hair restricting the poseability of her head.

Also it's a shame this figure won't be widely available until next year an even then it'll be in yellow, as it's a great mold for unmasked female ninja customs...I've kit bashed on the heads of Ren Scarlet and Avengers Black Widow and both fit perfectly.

I wanted the HISS, but not for that price. I'm just not sure that I would've had the willpower to pass if HTS had it available.

As it is, I can tell myself that the Starscream Skystriker was a nice one-off piece.

(Doesn't hurt that they're using a continuation of the Marvel numbering for these sets. Shockwave screwed over Cobra and tried to destroy the Earth. Destro ain't down with that.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I may not be able to pass up next year's Joe/TF crossover exclusive...Hound VAMP?? Ratchet or Ironhide repaint of the Retailiation Ninja Combat Cruiser? Rattler Powerglide? (Just tossing a bunch of ideas out there)

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I may not be able to pass up next year's Joe/TF crossover exclusive...Hound VAMP?? Ratchet or Ironhide repaint of the Retailiation Ninja Combat Cruiser? Rattler Powerglide? (Just tossing a bunch of ideas out there)
    A dream combo: Defiant Shuttle & Complex/Sky Linx or Whale/Sea Spray. The Combaticons would be an obvious choice, but I doubt they're ever coming.

Clearly Hasbro isn't producing enough product. They've been having so much financial trouble lately, from what I hear. Imagine if they'd made enough for everyone who wanted one to have a chance!

I've noticed that there are no Joes at any stores near me anymore except TRU, aside from the odd Snake Eyes mask.
    Tommy, close your eyes.