Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1130
    I found an Iron Grenadier at a Rite Aid two days ago. A nearby Walgreens has had an Alley Viper sitting there for almost a week.

"Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the [end of my life without a USS Flagg], and will soon see the end of [my leisure time for a while as I put it together]." Today, I received the grail of many an 80s kid: the Flagg. I have waited 26+ years since I first saw it. I have dreamed, literally dreamed, of owning it over the years. Unless I use it for a coffee table, this will reside in my classroom, once it gets put together. Sadly, I've got too many essays to finish grading to justify building it tonight, though. That classroom is going to be pretty full this fall...

Wicked awesome! Can I ask how much? I recently purchased a complete, mint condition vintage Death Star playset from a co-worker, realizing one of my own lifelong dreams! The Flagg is my next grail!

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    "Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the [end of my life without a USS Flagg], and will soon see the end of [my leisure time for a while as I put it together]." Today, I received the grail of many an 80s kid: the Flagg. I have waited 26+ years since I first saw it. I have dreamed, literally dreamed, of owning it over the years. Unless I use it for a coffee table, this will reside in my classroom, once it gets put together. Sadly, I've got too many essays to finish grading to justify building it tonight, though. That classroom is going to be pretty full this fall...
    THEN USE IT AS A COFFEE TABLE!!! I would suggest getting a long glass or plexi table that the Flagg can fit under, totally better than grubby kid hands and the sun beating down on it.

Congrats on the get though (although I'd argue the Defiant space vehicle launch complex is cooler ).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    THEN USE IT AS A COFFEE TABLE!!! I would suggest getting a long glass or plexi table that the Flagg can fit under, totally better than grubby kid hands and the sun beating down on it.

Congrats on the get though (although I'd argue the Defiant space vehicle launch complex is cooler ).
    Thank you. I wanted the kids to both enjoy it and see how good they NEVER will have it as kids. I have a series of three file cabinets that I was thinking of placing this on top of, high enough away from most hands. I know I'll display it during the holidays for sure, but I have to decide if it is wise to keep it up in the exact same position for longer periods of time. And I agree that the Defiant was far more exciting. Back in the early days of eBay (circa 98-99), I bought the shuttle and launch complex for $40. It was just a shell, but HUGE. Sadly, I lost it in a move. It's next on my BIG list, along with the Eternia playset. At this rate, though, I don't think I'll be purchasing them this decade. I got a very decent deal, I think, $730 shipped. I have to construct it, but cannot bring myself to begin. It's strange. I've wanted it so long and now am not jumping on it. I had an excuse last night, since I had so much grading to finish. But tonight, no such barrier.

And sure enough, the GI Joe episode that is on the Hub tonight is "Raise the Flagg." Fitting...

FYI: Today at Big Lots, I saw the Transformers Legends I'd previously only seen at Dollar General. So (although I obviously can't swear the Joes will be found at other places) it might be worthwhile to start checking stores other than DG.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    FYI: Today at Big Lots, I saw the Transformers Legends I'd previously only seen at Dollar General. So (although I obviously can't swear the Joes will be found at other places) it might be worthwhile to start checking stores other than DG.
    Few things would make me happier...

Hopefully more good news--the TRU in Moreno Valley had an absurd amount of Pursuit of Cobra stuff today. Some was Renegades stuff that's been there for months, but most was new. Well, sort of. It was a large number of the first couple of waves, or at least the desirable figures from those waves. I saw Firefly, Alley Viper, Shock Trooper, and all three Snake Eyes. At $10, I didn't want to build up my armies, but I'm hoping this means some of the later stuff is still clogged somewhere in the pipeline and will eventually see the light of day.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd love to get another Firefly or three and maybe a few more Shock Troops. Why must Moreno Valley be so far...

Remember back in 2011 when I asked the Kre-O team during Botcon whether they'd be moving the brand into new licenses, especially GI Joe, and they gave me a positive response? Then nothing nothing nothing new as other Kre-O brands came up? NYCC just showed these:
    http://photos.actionfigs.com/g6602-kre-o.html
    Hasbro photos: http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front...ion_148400.asp
    I knew this was going to work better than Transformers. Look at those sets from the '80s, they did a a little Water Moccasin and the Flight Pod and other classic ones, plus a few new designs I think. If they can keep the price right, I can see kids gravitating to these, and classic collectors going in for the Kreons.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.