Page 103 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1139
    I'm considering those pretty hard, even having heard from multiple people that Kre-O is junk. Those figures look awesome!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've avoided going down the Lego (and now Kreo) pathway to poverty thus far in my collecting, but it's becoming ever-increasingly difficult. I may say now that I don't think I'll pick any of them up, but that could change once I see them up close.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm considering those pretty hard, even having heard from multiple people that Kre-O is junk. Those figures look awesome!
    The Kre-O sets I tried at Botcon were ok, they were more Mega Bloks than LEGO quality but they weren't worse than Mega Bloks and they didn't cost more than them either.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Kre-O aren't the same quality as Lego (and even then, Lego's mystery minifigs are a cheaper grade plastic than what you get in the boxed sets) but aren't exactly junk either. That being said, I find the figs more appealing than the sets, though I'm sure I'll pick up Checkpoint Alpha for sure.

I don't believe it myself, but I finally found "new" (2010) figures at Walgreens!!!

The WG in Beaumont had one each of the Jungle BAT and Cobra Commander. Thanks to Maradona scoring Shadow Tracker a while back for me, I now only need Crazylegs, Rock Viper, Temple Whatever Snake Eyes, and the POC version of the Iron Grenadier (the paint scheme is different enough for me to consider him a different figure from the 30th version). Not to be complete, but to have all the figures I want (that have been released, at least--I really want that Kwinn).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid have been a boon to Joe collectors recently. I've been hoping that the POC and 30th waves hit Ross/Marshalls/TJ Maxx so I can affordably troop build. I don't feel like I did enough of that with several of those figures and I'd love some cheaply priced moneybags Destro, along with as many Fireflies as I can manage.

I've had zero luck with CVS but I found/bought a Jungle BAT at Walgreen's and 3 Cobra Troopers at Rite Aid (alas I didn't have enough cash on me for them all)

Maybe I need to check CVS, too. I've passed on multiples of the army builders at this price. I'd love a bazillion of the Cobra Troopers, but I have a bazillion of the old ones, and, though this one's better, that's a massive expense.

Have Rock Viper and Snake Eyes been showing up anywhere? Someone told me all the "lost" figures were appearing except those, but they're on yojoe.com, so I assume they were released. (Okay, maybe Python Patrol Croc Master is "lost," too, but who cares? Anyone salivating at the prospect of paying $11 for that figure in a slightly different paint scheme?)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    (Okay, maybe Python Patrol Croc Master is "lost," too, but who cares? Anyone salivating at the prospect of paying $11 for that figure in a slightly different paint scheme?)
    Drip, drip...

Seriously? That was one of the weaker figures from that time, and he rotted at Marshalls for months. The paint differences are pretty minor, and the extra reptiles have all been released with figures who went on clearance.

I remember being excited when they announced a "new" Croc Master for the POC line, thinking, "That's got to be the crazy IDW version, because no way would they re-release that other figure. This means we might actually get figures of some of the other IDW characters who look way different from their classic versions, especially Crystal Ball."

Sadly, as you know, I was mistaken.
    Tommy, close your eyes.