Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1130
    I have to say, I'm not exactly pleased as punch at the number of re-releases necessary to get the new 2014 stuff, but I'm happy to get something. I wish we didn't have to buy a third Low-Light to get the Night Viper, and two color schemes of the Night Landing requiring buying two more VAMPs and two more Flints is a tough pill to swallow. Still, mostly decent choices, even if they don't encourage army building.

But, honestly, how about a bone and re-releasing some of the impossible-to-find figures from the recent past, like Crazylegs or any of the large number of other figures who only ever shipped to Walgreens?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I have to say, I'm not exactly pleased as punch at the number of re-releases necessary to get the new 2014 stuff, but I'm happy to get something. I wish we didn't have to buy a third Low-Light to get the Night Viper, and two color schemes of the Night Landing requiring buying two more VAMPs and two more Flints is a tough pill to swallow. Still, mostly decent choices, even if they don't encourage army building.

But, honestly, how about a bone and re-releasing some of the impossible-to-find figures from the recent past, like Crazylegs or any of the large number of other figures who only ever shipped to Walgreens?
    I echo your sentiment about getting something, but I fear that lack of availability at TRU (I never found the SW exclusive wave) will make securing a set difficult. I would have preferred less repetition of figures, too. I didn't understand that the VAMP/Night Landing Ice Wolf/Sky Hawk would be two packs. To me, this offering seems very reminiscent of the 15th Anniversary ARAH line from 1997 and the later 20th Anniversary line. These figures, which I'd love to have and will search for all of, appear to be place holders until the next iteration of GI Joe takes form.

I love that red Night Viper, by the way.

Is anyone reading the comics? The Hama-penned ARAH is as good as ever (despite a major continuity fart with Sneak Peek that was corrected in a surprisingly brilliant retcon) and I can't recommend it enough. The rest, eh. Cobra Files is excellent (as always) but cancelled. Special Missions is marginally readable, and also soon to be gone. The core title, which had the seemingly great concept of the Joes being widely known and a small core team acting as their public face, is absolutely wretched. I honestly don't think the writer (Fred van Lente, who I hadn't read but had heard great things about, which I now suspect were utter BS) has ever read any of the IDW titles, even the current issues of Special Missions when he crosses over with it. Every issue is a huge continuity problem, and I'm not sure that there's a way to save the IDW Joe-verse from this pit of crap he's dug it into. Unlike the Transformers when All Hail Megatron and For All Mankind put them at their all-time lowest, the Joes can't just go into space, end hostilities with Cobra, and then have Cobra Commander join the Joes and hop on a spaceship to find the Knights of Cobra-La.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I want to read the Joe comics, but I haven't. Catching up is definitely on my list, though.

Just saw this and I'm still picking up my jaw:

http://wegrowmedia.com/sacrifice-and-craft/

Anyone else going to Joelanta this weekend?

That'd be a three-day drive for me.

A new Dollar General opened in Calimesa (a small town on the I-10 between Yucaipa and Beaumont) sometime very recently. Unlike the one in Banning, which was built and then sat with a "coming soon" sign for ages before they opened, this one actually opened before I realized they'd finished building it. (It's about a block off my normal route. But, seriously, they finished that building and got it opened in what has to be record time.) I saw yesterday afternoon that it had a grand opening sign, and stopped in, only to find someone had already cleaned out their Joes pretty good. They had two each of Snake Eyes and Shipwreck, both from Wave 1. Meaning if I'd been a little more aware of how it was progressing, I could've gotten two Cobra Officers and Commanders.

This does mean, however, there are two DG's near me now. While normally it and Family Dollar (also two near me) are craptacular holes in the wall that carry junk at inflated prices because they cater mostly to people who can't drive to better stores, they are still pretty much the only place carrying that line of Joes, and they appear to still be shipping both waves.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I drove up to Sacramento about ten days ago for a conference. On the road there, I stopped at about ten Dollar Generals and picked up an abundance of Joes. Some stores had all six figures and I was able to get a few black Cobra Officers and several Commanders. These are great figures at reasonable prices. I love that both waves are still shipping after a couple of years of them being out. I'm driving out to Palm Springs for a conference this week, so I'll try to drop by these stores, Chux.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I have to say, I'm not exactly pleased as punch at the number of re-releases necessary to get the new 2014 stuff, but I'm happy to get something. I wish we didn't have to buy a third Low-Light to get the Night Viper,...
    If you ever find the low-light set, I'll gladly buy him from you. I looked for a long time and still have never seen one in the wild.

Those great Retaliation 3-packs are showing up at Ross for a ridiculous $9.99. I haven't found any myself, but hope to do so soon. I'd probably buy every one of them I saw, particularly the one with the Red Ninja.

I found a retaliation Night Viper at TRU yesterday. Also saw Blind Master and yellow Jinx but didn't want either.