Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,129 of 1129
    They certainly do have fun extras. I really like the DG Cobra Troopers. I've been lucky enough to find several, but I'd love to run into more.

So far on my Ross hunts, I've only picked up Cobra Commander, Ultimate Roadblock and Snake Eyes with Timber. None were really must gets for me but at 4.99 why not?

Ross is getting new figures in, for a buck cheaper than even those they got last week ($3.99), along with a lot of Retaliation vehicles (for more than Target clearanced them for last year).

Also, I can personally verify the Night Viper is among them. Oyes!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd say that the Night Viper is my albatross, but that would mean I had found one to tie around my neck.

I've been to 5 different Ross locations and it's looking like that first visit was the best I can find. Everywhere else has just Battle Kata Roadblocks. I did pick up for $6.99 an ML Steve Rogers.

I found the last GI Joe Retaliation wave at Five Below today. I picked up 2 Night Vipers and 3 Alley Viper figures for $5.00 each. There was several Blind Master and Jinx figures, but I didn't get any since I had bought a case of the last wave months ago.

Don Levine, creator of G.I. Joe, passed away this week at the age of 86.

I noticed in the news about this that a lot of folks were talking about Hasbro's current GI Joe design team being disbanded and spread to other brands, as if 2 sad things befell GI Joe for the 50th anniversary, but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a dedicated GI Joe team for several years now, with Star Wars' Derryl DePriest (who wrote a book on GI Joe before he went to work with Hasbro) doing double-duty as the Joe brand manager and borrowing talent from other teams while also farming out work to outside designers.

Meanwhile, one of my local TRUs got in a ton of movie 2 figures that used to be hard to find, and nobody seems to care, shelves are stuffed.

This is a dark time for the franchise.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Don Levine, creator of G.I. Joe, passed away this week at the age of 86.

I noticed in the news about this that a lot of folks were talking about Hasbro's current GI Joe design team being disbanded and spread to other brands, as if 2 sad things befell GI Joe for the 50th anniversary, but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a dedicated GI Joe team for several years now, with Star Wars' Derryl DePriest (who wrote a book on GI Joe before he went to work with Hasbro) doing double-duty as the Joe brand manager and borrowing talent from other teams while also farming out work to outside designers.

Meanwhile, one of my local TRUs got in a ton of movie 2 figures that used to be hard to find, and nobody seems to care, shelves are stuffed.

This is a dark time for the franchise.
    Indeed the dark times are here for the foreseeable future. The brand is sure to reset at some point and return. I must admit to disappointment at such a momentous anniversary is passing with very little product and even less direction.

I wonder if we could get Hasbro to concede this is a collector-based line now, and maybe give us high quality 6" figures, or something.

Or, really, with the only real successes lately being Resolute, Renegades, and the original ARAH comic, focusing on those a bit more (and going light on the Snake Eyes resculpts). It's a shame that ARAH is now off in its own little world, when it was the lifeblood of the line, and both "R series" ended with cliffhangers never intended to be resolved.
    Tommy, close your eyes.