Thread: Man vs. Cartoon

Man vs. Cartoon

I caught this show this weekend. I forget what channel it's on [wait for it... searching... ], or I just found out it's on truTV (what used to be Court TV, right?). They take (so far the episodes I've seen are only this one; there could be other cartoons later) clips from the Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote cartoons and try to duplicate the Acme products schemes WEC tries to use to catch/kill RR. It's pretty good, and they've been fairly successful in matching the contraptions. Check it out!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

But how are they at continuing to run off the edge of a cliff until they look down?
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Man vs Food is much better. Wednesday nights at 10 on the Travel Channel I believe.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

They should do Man vs Silverhawks, where someone makes a moronic costume and flies into space without a mask.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They should do Man vs Silverhawks, where someone makes a moronic costume and flies into space without a mask.
    Wait, I've heard this in a George Carlin routine...we crucify one rich white middle class banker (Political party dropped) on halftime of Monday night football to pay off the national debt...
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

George Carlin cared enough about Silverhawks to use them in a routine?

Man vs GIJoe: a guy runs into the middle of a raging firefight dressed in a bright red football jersey to test whether or not he'll get shot.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    George Carlin cared enough about Silverhawks to use them in a routine?

Man vs GIJoe: a guy runs into the middle of a raging firefight dressed in a bright red football jersey to test whether or not he'll get shot.
    Depends on who's shooting/gets shot first: Big Lob or Bazooka.

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Wait, I've heard this in a George Carlin routine...we crucify one rich white middle class banker (Political party dropped) on halftime of Monday night football to pay off the national debt...
    A "rich middle class banker"? Which one is it?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

You've all ruined my thread! Ruined, I tells ya! :shakeyerfistharderboy:

Really, on the program, they build the contraptions Wile E. uses (dropping an anvil from a balloon, putting a grenade in a mini propeller plane, rocket rollerskates, etc.), to see if they will work in "real life." It's facinating.

Now, back to your Man vs. [insert cartoon here] tomfoolery...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Here be the website:

http://www.trutv.com/shows/man_vs_cartoon/index.html

My cable provider doesn't offer Trutv, so I be out of luck.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!