Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Show Off Your Collection

I would really enjoy seeing other member's collections. Here is my collection. Browse my photo stream for close ups. I plan to reshoot these. Need to learning how to change the depth of field on my Canon 1DS.

213 ships in total. Hasbro Titanium Series, Galoob Action Fleet Alpha, X-Ray Series.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70714584@N00/3721403308/

I would love feedback and insight on finding missing items.

(Off topic) but my new album is out now. See below.
    www.jerrymarkhamamusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by TooWanBee View Post
    I would really enjoy seeing other member's collections. Here is my collection. Browse my photo stream for close ups. I plan to reshoot these. Need to learning how to change the depth of field on my Canon 1DS.
    Very nice, TooWan. Your TS collection looks quite complete to me... in fact, I was wondering about the 3 MTTs. How are they different? Cleaner or dirtier paint? Have you customized any of your TS ships? What are you looking for?

I agree... photographing these ships is a real pain in the arse.

On that note, I took a few crap pics of my small ships shelving unit for you... this is how it looks as of today.

I'm think I'm gonna wait until the TS ends before I try to take any decent pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	20794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	20795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	20796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.jpg 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	20797  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Smile

I only collect(ed) Action Fleet and Micromachines (MM playsets). Unfortunately I don't have my collection displayed yet, except a few Imperial ships, but you can see me stuff below:

Action Fleet ships & vehicles collection

Action Fleet playset collection

MicroMachines collection
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    Very nice, TooWan. Your TS collection looks quite complete to me... in fact, I was wondering about the 3 MTTs. How are they different? Cleaner or dirtier paint? Have you customized any of your TS ships? What are you looking for?

On that note, I took a few crap pics of my small ships shelving unit for you... this is how it looks as of today.

I'm think I'm gonna wait until the TS ends before I try to take any decent pics...
    Thanks very much for sharing. I love the shelf. Did you make that yourself? Mine came from IKEA.

The three MTTs only have slight paint differences. Not enough to say they are variations though. I just never took them back to the store.

I haven't customized any of my TS ships.

What I'm missing?
    That $300 Gold X-Wing from SDCC.
    A few TS from the WAVE that wasn't released last year.
    Some of the X-Ray series stuff (5 I think)
    Many of the Action Fleet Alpha Series in 3" scale.

Incidentally I have managed to collect a few of the bigger Action Fleet ships loose from conventions and toy fairs. So, if the price is cheap loose, or sold as a lot loose, I may collect. It gets expensive to have too many collections on my budget.

I'm already a 3 1/4" droid collector. I'll have to do a count on those some day. I currently have about 15 of those oversized plastic tubs full of droids MIB. I do collect doubles of the astromech droids so I can have extras of each to display.

These were taken a few months ago. I've added many more recently.

Name:	astromechs.jpg 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	20801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	droid-tubs.jpg 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	20802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	droids1.jpg 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	20803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	droids3.jpg 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	20804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	droids4.jpg 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	20805  

[FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]I Make Music[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [url]http://www.reverbnation.com/jerrymarkhammusic?add_email=true[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    I only collect(ed) Action Fleet and Micromachines (MM playsets). Unfortunately I don't have my collection displayed yet, except a few Imperial ships, but you can see me stuff below:

Action Fleet ships & vehicles collection

Action Fleet playset collection

MicroMachines collection
    You've got some money invested there. Does this take up a room in your house?

I bought some of those adjustable metal racks at Lowes Home Improvement to put my plastic tubs on. Nice way to keep everything stowed, keep from collapsing like cardboard boxes, and the tubs are clear. That way you can find what you need quick without digging everything out. Here's just one of the shelves.

Name:	tubs.jpg 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	20806  
    [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]I Make Music[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [url]http://www.reverbnation.com/jerrymarkhammusic?add_email=true[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post

Nice DT! Nice everyone!
    Now we know how you display your ST ships.
    Where did you get that shelf? It's perfect for the height of small scale ships.
    Looks like it might be a CD or DVD shelf perhaps?

I have almost as many small scale ships, Titaniums, Action Fleet etc, as every one here but lack the shelf space for now.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Thanks ... no, I built the shelf because I couldn't find anything suitable at the store. It's just blue-stained pine but it does the trick... though not everything fits anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TooWanBee View Post
    You've got some money invested there. Does this take up a room in your house?

I bought some of those adjustable metal racks at Lowes Home Improvement to put my plastic tubs on. Nice way to keep everything stowed, keep from collapsing like cardboard boxes, and the tubs are clear. That way you can find what you need quick without digging everything out. Here's just one of the shelves.
    I have similar boxes for my Action Fleet and MM stuff
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

After putting almost everything away to make room for the rellies, some of my stuff has re-amerged in my minimanclave:

Name:	mimimanclave.jpg 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	20915  
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Great collection Sergiu! Quite the comprehensive collection... jeez, it's a good thing you have more than 1 house! You don't collect the Titaniums? How come?

Nice, Blue… the (Mini) Mahn-clave is back! Some cool stuff in there… I like how you’ve hung the Hallmarks… are they plugged in? I’ve been sorely tempted to do something similar so I could look at ‘em lit and blinking away all year ‘round. Long ago, I contemplated hanging the AF ships like that, too.

That’s Vader’s MR lightsaber on top, ain’t it? I’ve got one too, though it lives at a friend’s place with about 8 other sabers (not mine). We recently had a (non-sober) saber battle in his back yard at night with a bunch of (old enough to know better) friends and our dogs… a blast! Of course, the Sith handily defeated that Jedi scum… and then crawled away to pass out...

Other neat stuff: is that a Mitsubishi Zero and an Avenger (or a Dauntless) flying in there? Nice... I love planes.

Are those Sentinels from the Matrix? I’ve got a huge one and small one… I really wish they’d done a Nebuchadnezzar!

You’ve got to take a few close-ups of the shelves… though I think I can I.D. a bunch of them from this shot… some seem familiar, somehow! What’s that refit at the top right, near Yoda?