Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Titaniums at SDCC

Hey, whaddaya know... Titanium pics from SDCC. Thanks WiiWhitey from RS... scroll down a bit to the close-ups.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...part=1#3825649

Fan pics from SDCC: Malevolence (backwards AGAIN), Neb B, Mace Windu JSF with 3-engine Hyperdrive, Punishing One, Outrider, Mist Hunter, CW Y-Wing (different yellow striping) repaint... maybe a cleaner Republic Attack Shuttle and rustier Virago, too... hard to say...

Brings a tear to the eye... sad that this is it... Happy Hallowe'en cuz that's the street date. I love the Nebby B and Malevolence... both are outstanding, IMO. Shame the long-lost Outrider's so small but I'll be happy to have it!! Woo-hoo! The BH ships are pretty good, too.

Glad we're getting another JSF with 3-engined HR... the Anakin one seemed lonely. Wouldn't mind another distinctly different V-19 Torrent or Headhunter, either.

Haven't seen the new Gunship tool in there... wonder if it's dead. Brace yourself, DW.

EDIT: Steve (or JT?) just posted pics, too: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...y.php?cat=5848
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Looks like most of the pictures posted at 'scum were taken from SSG. But the new vehicles look awesome. Wonder if I'll see them around here. Going on 8 months with no new Titanium on the shelves around here.
    www.miniempire.ca - The best thing since sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    Hey, whaddaya know... Titanium pics from SDCC. Thanks WiiWhitey from RS... scroll down a bit to the close-ups.

Haven't seen the new Gunship tool in there... wonder if it's dead. Brace yourself, DW.
    haha, honestly I was completely unexcited about everything they showed, probably because I know that's the end of the line and I can't work up the enthusiasm...and we already knew what was coming.

The Neb-B I admit looks fantastic, as for the new Gunship I'm not too bothered really, seemed like a bad idea to me anyway and probably would've been the CW-type Gunship like the 'new' action-figure scaled version.

Looks like they really sharpened the detail on the Malevolence and Nebulon B.
    Those two look outstanding, though I want them all.
    Thanks to SSG attendees for getting the pics up so soon this time!

I'm looking forward to these last Titaniums more than anything else Hasbro has to offer. Hope they are not too hard to locate. I might just pre-order them if offered online just to be sure. Though all the new molds probably won't be offered in the same wave.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by cloneemperor View Post
    Looks like most of the pictures posted at 'scum were taken from SSG.
    I couldn't get SSG to load (too busy?) last night so I checked the forums at RS and voila... I was too busy staring at the ships to even notice the SSG logo.

Well, there are plenty of folks who chat on both forums, but it is bad form not to give props when you lift a bunch of stuff from other sites and repost it... well, at least he didn't crop out the logo.

So, on that note, I nipped a shot back from the RS forums ... DS grabbed a shot of the new Republic Gunship (whew, DW!). Now it's got an SSG logo too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newgunshiptitanium.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	20934  

Wow, I'm absolutely in awe at the detail they put into the Malevolence and Nebulon-B. The production process will probably cripple them severely, but it makes me excited to get them despite it being the end of the line. I just wish Hasbro hadn't waited for the line's death sentence to bring in amazing detailing like that.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I love the Neb B, outrider, and a few others. I'm pre-ordering these as soon as BBTS or EE put them up. The last wave of a cancelled line is going to be im possible to find at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    DS grabbed a shot of the new Republic Gunship (whew, DW!). Now it's got an SSG logo too!
    haha eh, not too impressed. I suspected it would be the ****ty CW-series Gunship rather than a proper Gunship with turrets, but still. Not that I'm saying I won't buy it, I will, but it's the least impressive of the three options we came up with (CW-series Gunship; AT-TE Carrier; Gunship with turrets)

So, according to Hasbro, we're getting 3 more waves:

Wave 7 - late July - Malevolence, Punishing One, new Republic Gunship

Wave 8 - late Sept - Mist Hunter (new Windu JSF, new CW Y-Wing)

Wave 9 - late Oct - Nebulon B, Outrider

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...hp?photo=32252
    http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...hp?photo=32253

Almost seems anticlimactic... we've known the final lineup (except for repaints and repacks) for months...

The Outrider in the production pic sure has better paint than the SDCC sample....

So according to that the Malevolence, Punishing One, and new Gunship should be on the pegs shortly. These might be tough to get spread out like this.

I wonder what other re-packs, re-paints, are included in those waves?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"