Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G4 to air Star Wars Comic Con Spectacular

Cable channel G4 TV will air coverage of SDCC, including the Lucasfilm Panel, over the weekend. The "Star Wars Spectacular" will air on Saturday afternoon.

Saturday, 2PM ET: G4 will make Comic-Con history by delivering the first ever, televised broadcast of a Comic-Con panel when Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn host the official LucasFilm Panel, aka the Star Wars Spectacular! The panel will feature never-before-seen footage, breaking news, surprise announcements, guest stars, a live table read of an exclusive new Clone Wars script and much more. The panel will feature a wide array of exciting panelists, including Steve Sansweet (Lucasfilms Head of Fan Relations), Star Wars: The Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni, voice actors Matt Lanter (Anakin Skywalker), Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano), James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi), Catherine Taber (Padm Amidala), Tom Kane (Yoda), and several other surprise guest stars.

Saturday, 4PM ET: And just because we love you all ever so much, we'll be bringing you three hours of live coverage tomorrow as well, as Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn will be joined by comic book maven Blair Butler, correspondents Alison Haislip, Blair Herter and others, to deliver some of the most exciting news from the convention.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Is that before or after their 6 hour Cops marathon?
    plasticfetish.net

Actually, it is right after Jurassic Park III.

The channel guide on my TV shows the Star Wars thing at 11 AM, followed by three hours of Comic-Con coverage at 1 PM. Then an hour long special called "Confessions of a Booth Babe". Then Jurassic Park III is on again, and then the Star Wars thing airs again at 7 PM, followed by the Comic-Con coverage.

This is all Pacific Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Actually, it is right after Jurassic Park III.

The channel guide on my TV shows the Star Wars thing at 11 AM, followed by three hours of Comic-Con coverage at 1 PM. Then an hour long special called "Confessions of a Booth Babe". Then Jurassic Park III is on again, and then the Star Wars thing airs again at 7 PM, followed by the Comic-Con coverage.

This is all Pacific Time.
    Time Warner down in LA lists it at 2pm PST.

This G4 SW thing was okay until they let these 2 doofuses out on stage dressed as Luke or "Doug" and Leia.

Star Wars in Concert looks awesome!

Madalore in Clone Wars Season 2 is looking *really* cool. I like the ship they showed in the artwork and the funky buildings.

Olivia Munn was annoying as all hell! I was also expecting a concrete location and date for CV, as well as some live action news. Still, the Clone Wars stuff was all pretty exciting, and I really hope SW In Concert comes to Denver (which I bet it will).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Olivia Munn was annoying as all hell!
    I sure hope that was planned in advanced, or I would have been quite annoyed if I was the guy she was moving the wig around on. Perhaps it would have been better to have had them hosting the show and the two Blairs at the panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I was also expecting a concrete location and date for CV, as well as some live action news. Still, the Clone Wars stuff was all pretty exciting, and I really hope SW In Concert comes to Denver (which I bet it will).
    I see it will be in Seattle, but it will be on a Tuesday. That will make it less likely that I will go. I'd hate driving down there and back at night after work. I've already scheduled my vacation days, and I would prefer not to use a personal day because I get paid out for those if I don't use them. Plus, I imagine it will be pricey.

You guys didn't have to see them acting like morons in person. If I weren't a thousand feet back, I would've pegged the dumb broad with a soda can. My God, I haven't seen that much concentrated unfunny since the last partial episode of Two-and-a-Half Men I was unfortunate enough to watch.

Sadly, even the lines from the crew seemed scripted. (I'm not sure how editing took care of this for TV, but there wasn't a true off-the-cuff moment at all.) The only real high point was the (seemingly for real!) ad libs during the read-through.

Let's see... SW concert is not just the movie on a screen while an orchestra plays, despite looking like that. Force Unleashed re-released in bad guy mode. Some MMO or MOO or whatever. More Clone Wars to program my TV to avoid. Don't know where the next Celebration will be....

Okay, they've really and truly forgotten about the live action series, haven't they?

This was a marked difference to the other film panel I went to, where John Lasseter, Hayao Miyazaki, and the other Disney people were candid, informal, unscripted, and showed lots of cool new stuff. They should've televised that instead.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    This G4 SW thing was okay until they let these 2 doofuses out on stage dressed as Luke or "Doug" and Leia.

Star Wars in Concert looks awesome!
    completely agree, they were stupid and down right annoying. although Olivia Munn did look hot in the Leia get-up why can't they just have normal people represent the panel.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks