Angry Sci-Fi Channel execs deserves to be slapped

What the hell is wrong with Sci-Fi channel? For the past year, they've been making tons of, what many of their loyal viewers consider to be, extremely stupid scheduling moves. The channel can't even decide what to air in prime-time anymore and has cancelled some of their most popular shows because of stupid reasons like they "couldn't find an audience". After watching SFC cancel entertaining original series like "Invisible Man", "First Wave", and now "The Chronicle", I'm beginning to wonder if a boycott of SFC and their advertisers is in order -- this station no longer seems to have a clue as to what to give its audience and it's becoming increasingly insulting and frustrating. Hell, maybe they deserve boycotts simply for trying so hard to keep the stupid 3-hour Friday and Saturday blocks of original shows going even though these blocks have always suffered in what has always been considered in the industry to be worthless airtime (and gee, you think every season for over 3 years you get bad ratings in that time slot and good ratings in other, maybe you should try changing the schedule instead of the shows? YA THINK?!?). Maybe if SFC didn't think of their core audience as "nerds who don't go out on Fridays and Saturdays", they'd be doing better (for proof of just how stupid SFC can be about this, see their year of "Black Scorpion").

Perhaps it's time, as some SFC watchers have started promoting lately, to "Defy SciFi".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm up for slapping ANYBODY.

I gave up on Sci-Fi when MST3K didn't get picked up.

what a coincidence.....

JT, I was just reading the business section before I saw your post. You may find this article informative....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scifichannel.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	785  
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

LOL! very nice!

There are rumors that SFC is cancelling all their original series so they can switch to an action-oriented channel with a whole new name. I suppose this was to be expected, why have any hope in a network owned by USA Cable Networks anyway?

PHOOEY ON SCIFI CHANNEL!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    I'm up for slapping ANYBODY.
    I gave up on Sci-Fi when MST3K didn't get picked up.
    Amen Rollo, that was one of my favorite shows also. To bad that Comedy Central quit supporting the show and then when it moved to the Sci-Fi channel they never even gave it a chance and took the first chance they could to cancel it. Luckily I have 85% of all the episodes on video cassette, I still need to plug some gaps in my collection though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

On Sci-Fi I mostly just watch the original Star Trek series, Quantum Leap and MST3K since they're really the only shows on there I like. What the heck is with shows like LEXX and Black Scorpian? What's the point on those? They either need to get their act together or just end it all, TVLand should pick up TOS and Quantum Leap while MST3K would probably do pretty good on a basic channel like ABC or something along those lines. Either way they'd probably be better off elsewhere.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"