Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Big bang theory

Big bang theory

Holy Crap!!!! No Big Bang Theory Thread. Ive been gone all this time and noone started a thread on this!!!!

This is one of the funniest shows in the history of television.

Who can forget Sheldon freaking out that he has the DNA of Leonard Nimoy so he can grow his own.

And Walowitz making a jackass out of himself hitting on Summer Glau.

Cmon folks DISCUSS!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Ya know. I didn't like this show too much at first. The wife loves it (she gets all the science/engineering humor) but because of their love of sci-fi pop culture it's certainly grown on me. I'm curious to see where the character development goes in season three. It's gonna get old fast if Penny and Leonard keep almost hooking up at the end of the season just to have it fall apart at the start of the next.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I've seen a few episodes and much like How I Met Your Mother, don't really get why its such a hit. Not really that funny. Most old style sitcoms in general are pretty terrible - I prefer the more cinematic style of Scrubs, My Name Is Earl & The Office, ect.

And all the "nerd" humor in Big Bang Theory is overly stereotyped and been done to death.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Some of the episodes are hit and miss. But the ones that hit, hit really hard and are extremely funny. I'll watch them over and over many times.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Let's face it: this is Sheldon's show. You tune in every week to see what he has to say. It's must-see TV at our house.

I swear I kept meaning to start a thread for this show.

First I feel it obligatory to mention that Kaley Cuoco is of acceptable visual appeal, and that I commonly use understatement as an intensifier.

This show is great, though. I wish they were more Marvel than DC, but no show is perfect. Sheldon is definitely a good part of the fun of the series, and it's especially funny since he reminds me of my best friend. I think the writers do a good job of working scientific and mathematical ideas into the jokes without losing laypeople. If I have one major complaint, the writers too often make Penny seem stupid. Penny's character is best served when she helps the guys understand how the greater world outside of their geek world works, but it seems usually she's just stuck in conversations way over her head. She's also a complete sweetheart, and I don't think they show that often enough. Anyone who could put up with Sheldon's antics, sing that damned kitty song for him and still give him a genuine smile of affection is a saint. I would have smothered him with a pillow.

I'm not a big fan of poop humor (the bean scene from Blazing Saddles notwithstanding), but the space toilet episode was hilarious. I think my favorite line was when Raj said Howard's toilet was important for two reasons: number one . . . and most importantly number two.

And yeah, the gift exchange with Leonard Nimoy's DNA was great. I loved when he mentioned that he would need an ovum and Penny tells him all he's getting is the napkin.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I love this show.

My favorite episode is the pilot.....Leonard and Sheldon go over to Penny's ex-boyfriend's apartment to try and get her tv back...of course they walk out of the building without their pants!!

I also like the episode when Sheldon decides to clean Penny's apartment at night while she is asleep.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I love the one that was on Monday, where Koothrappali gets in People Magazine and Leonard makes Sheldon smile. I have no idea how someone can make that cartoonish face but it was great.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I didn't get into this show in the first year, I just didn't want to watch another show regularly and the title and concept seemed a little hackneyed. But Steve was all antsy to go to the SDCC panel last year, only to discover the line far too huge to get in, so instead he spent several months bugging me to check it out. I did, it was cute, but it was my sister who got me watching it regularly. This year I went to get in the panel line 2 hours early, no dice. Friggin' Comic-Con is too full.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

One of my favorite eps is the Hofstadter Isotope. When they take Penny in to the comic book store.

Penny: "...what's a multiverse??..."

Sheldon: "get her out of here.."

And when Stewart gets Penny's number.

Sheldon: "So Leonard, how are you liking anything can happen Thursday."

Or when Stewart goes back with Penny to her apartment and he reacts to Penny inviting him in for coffee is really coffee. Then Stewart and Sheldon battle it out over the issue of whether or not Dick Grayson or Jason Todd should be the successor to the Bat-Cowl when Bruce Wayne's death proves permanent; right in Penny's apartment as she falls asleep on the couch. CLASSIC!

Friends of mine that I've shown the show, dont get Sheldon. I've compiled that he is still a child in mind and experience and almost not human as it were. In his mind,(as I've gathered from the show) he sees Penny like she is a female chimp. A female of a different species. He would need to find a woman like him. Which I THINK, Leslie Winkle actually has the hots for him. And him for her but he doesn't really realize it because he is still basically a kid inside.
    MWHAHAHAHA!