Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Apology for my Error

I recently reported on here that LEGOLAND in San Diego had an ultimate series B-Wing LEGO set. I was mistaken in this; it was actually the Rebel Blockade Runner set.
    The pic on the box looked similar to a B-Wing set, and I mistook it for a B-Wing.
    I would like to apologize to Sweden, JediTricks, and whoever else may have read this and gotten excited for nothing about a new LEGO set.
    Please excuse my error.
    JF96
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

No harm done here JF96. Also, nothing personal, but I was highly skeptical of this one from the start.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Smile Do not worry

Hi jf96,
    do not worry!
    Everybody can make a mistake.

After all I do not understand why someone should get angry for news about LEGO. I would be angry only if I bought a LEGO set and I found it badly damaged. There are people living just to know what is coming next and they get overexcited or angry in just a second, I do not understand.

Keep on posting! :happy:

Ciao,
    JediGoofy

P.S. Remember this is a very nice community (thanks to jt, among the others). If this had happened in another forum you would have been killed, at least! Do you agree Sweden?

JediGoofy,
    Thanks alot. I just wanted to let Sweden and the other LEGO fans on here that I was wrong in what I saw. I did not want them to get their hopes up for a set that was not even made.
    Thats all!!
    JF96
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Talking Re: Apology for my Error

Dear friends, like I said to JF96 the other day in my topic “New forum member here!” I’ve had one busy week fixing this and that so therefore I took some time off from this forum and now I’m back to talk about our favorite hobby. I think we “all” agree that JF96 don’t need to apologize to any of us for the little mix up in the heat of excitament as this is a forum of civilized people sharing a common interest and we’re “all” here to have a great time and nothing else at all.

I agree JediGoofy, if this had happened over at this so called “other” forum of LEGO fanatics JF96 would probably have been hanged for his statement just like I got last year but that’s nothing we care to do over at this very civilized and very excellent LEGO forum. I also agree that there’s absolutely no reason at all to get upset or angry for any news about the LEGO Star Wars line wether it’s correct or incorrect but then again “some” people just doesn’t have a life except the Internet.

I mean, I’m very found of the LEGO Star Wars line amongst other things like model kits etc and especially the “Ultimate Collector Series” and “Sculptures” but I do have an ordinary life to live and things to deal with in real and everyday life. I do work a whole lot since I’ve got to make a living and want to be able to afford things as well as having a family, friends and a lovely girlfriend that I want to spend a whole lot of time with as most do on here.

But hey, “some” people just don’t have a life. Sigh. LOL

JF96, don’t be too sure that the “ Ultimate Collector Series: B-Wing Fighter” hasn’t been made yet as LEGO have made a whole lot of totally excellent prototype models and who knows for sure what they’ve made as they only showed us a few of them. What has been showed so far is the totally awesome “System Set” Jawa Sandcrawler, “Ultimate Collector Series” Darth Vader’s T.I.E. Fighter, Speeder Bike (a pretty huge model I might add) and Aldar Beedo’s Podracer. The LEGO bricks has a whole lot of potential when it comes to model quality kits so who knows for sure what prototypes that has been made but yet to be released in (hopefully) the future.

Kindest Regards,

Lars Olsson in Sundsvall, Sweden.
    R.J. (John Carpenter's The Thing) MacReady: Crazy Swedes...

Hey Sweden,
    Thanks alot buddy. You are definately my best pal in the forums here. I appreciate your kind words.
    And you are right in that LEGO may produce a B-Wing later, since they have made the TIE fighter, X-Wing, Blockade Runner, and so forth.
    If they do indeed make it, I will post on here that I told you so!!
    Ha Ha!!
    Take care buddy!!
    JF96

Talking Re: Apology for my Error

Most welcome Buddy! In that case I’ll remember you told us so! LOL Take care.

Kindest Regards,

Hey Sweden,
    In your opinion, which Ultimate Set is the best for me to get, since I am still relatively new to LEGO?
    I like them both alot, but as far as difficulty and time it takes to assemble, which one do you think I should start with?
    You are the LEGO expert, and I highly value your opinion.
    JF96

Wink Re: Apology for my Error

Thank you for your kind words JF96!

Well, out of the two “Ultimate Collector Series” sets I’d say you first go for the “X-Wing Fighter” as it took me something like eight hours to build it and an hour or so to apply the stickers and it was great fun to build it. I never sorted out the pieces for either one of the two I got but if you do I guess building time can be cut down a few hours or so but when you’re about to apply the stickers care are needed for a good result as they aren’t trimmed properly enough to be added to the pieces before construction and have correct alignment. I built the entire model first and then I applied the stickers to each section, the main fuselage and four wings, of the ship separately so that the stickers would get correct alignment but be sure to have the surface of the model clean as the adhesive on the stickers aren’t too strong.

Kindest Regards,

Thanks for you input, Sweden.
    Hopefully I can get one of these before the summer.
    Really I am saving up for the AOTC toys in April, but I Have a feeling I will be getting one of these Ultimate Collector Series sets pretty soon. They are just so darn cool!!
    A guy at my school has one in his office (the X-Wing) sitting on top of his file cabinet, and it looks so awesome.
    The minute I saw it I knew I had to have one.
    And I will, soon.
    JF96