Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

New Titanium Waves Listed At EE

New Titanium Waves Listed At EE... no pics yet.

Wave 9 Rev 1 September

1x Kit Fisto Jedi Starfighter with hyperspace ring (repack)
    1x Z-95 Headhunter (repack?)
    1x V-19 Torrent Starfighter (maybe the clear canopied version)
    1x Republic V-Wing (repack?)
    1x Prince Xizor's Virago (repack)
    1x Baron Fel's Imperial TIE Interceptor (repack)
    1x Red 4 X-wing Fighter (repack)
    1x Hound's Tooth (Bossk's ship) (repack)
    1x Xanadu Blood (repack)
    1x Gold Squadron Gold V Y-Wing Bomber (repack)
    1x Hyena Bomber Vulture Droid (repack)
    1x Anakin's Pod Racer (repack)

Wave 10 October

1x Rebel Transport (repack)
    1x Lambda Class Shuttle (Emperor's Hand) (repack)
    1x Republic V-Wing (repack?)
    1x IG 2000 (repack)
    1x Baron Fel's Imperial TIE Interceptor (repack)
    1x Red 4 X-wing Fighter (repack)
    1x Gold Squadron Gold V Y-Wing Bomber (repack)
    1x Hyena Bomber Vulture Droid (repack)
    1x Anakin's Pod Racer (repack)
    1x Mace Windu Jedi Starfighter with Ring (repaint)
    1x Gold Squadron III Y-Wing Fighter (repaint)
    1x Mist Hunter

It's possible that there'll be a few more repaints in there... the stuff in brackets is mine... but I doubt there'll be many. Repack City... just terrible.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

I believe this can be summed-up in onw word - 'meh'.

I really do wonder if Hasbro has a policy of banning people from working there if they have anything over a primary school education though...

Studio pics of the new ships from JediInsider:

http://www.jediinsider.com/index.php...8&itemid=12054

I'm liking the Outrider more (even though they screwed up the position of the ship on the stand once again) in this pic, but the Gunship looks worse, IMO. Mace's JSF looks purdy good, too.

I'm wondering if the Malevolence wave ("In Stores Now") is gonna go the way of the Basestar wave.... none have been sighted on eBay from HK.

My god, I can handle repaints and repacks but why couldn't they have reached back a bit and come out with some pieces that haven't been in the stores for a while? I'm soooo sick of seeing the Virago and the IG-2000 and there's still more coming. And more Baron Fel? Good grief!

The Outrider, Mist Hunter, and Nebulon-B Freighter are HUGE in person, I saw the prototypes at SDCC, they looked great, way better than I expected.

Those waves are pretty snorey, but whatever it takes to get to the Outrider.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, the Neb-B is looking better and better!

Malevolence seems to be a bit basic in terms of detail and paint but that's alright I suppose, and quite a few of the newies do appear quite substancial which is nice.

I'll agree with DT about the Gunship though - anyone else thinks it looks squished in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The Outrider, Mist Hunter, and Nebulon-B Freighter are HUGE in person, I saw the prototypes at SDCC, they looked great, way better than I expected.
    Thanks for the head's up... at least they're giving us a few beauties before the end, amongst the regurgitated many.

It's been a great run, IMO... 85 unique tools in 5 years... really can't complain.

I was thinking of putting a "thanks from the fans" into the Hasbro Q&A's, if folks would vote for it. Maybe it might shorten the hiatus if we buttered 'em up a bit... what do youzes think?

Well, I have mixed feelings about giving them thanks right away. Especially with these stupid re-pack assortments. Most are pegwarmers, yet they seem to want to overflow the pegs and make the point to everyone they aren't selling. Why else such lame assortments?

I'll thank them when I actually have the Malevolence, Outrider, Nebulon -B, and the other new toolings in my hands.

It's a rotten shame someone with some foresight didn't get to pick the re-packs, then some of the HTF ones might have gotten a second chance to actually get to the fans. Instead we get these ones. Some of which are still warming the pegs as I write this.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    Thanks for the head's up... at least they're giving us a few beauties before the end, amongst the regurgitated many.

It's been a great run, IMO... 85 unique tools in 5 years... really can't complain.

I was thinking of putting a "thanks from the fans" into the Hasbro Q&A's, if folks would vote for it. Maybe it might shorten the hiatus if we buttered 'em up a bit... what do youzes think?
    I delivered the message of thanks from our readers in person to Hasbro last Wednesday at Comic-Con. Also mentioned the 5 years and 80+ tools, thanks to you guys I was able to know how many tools there was. Derryl thought there were more.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I delivered the message of thanks from our readers in person to Hasbro last Wednesday at Comic-Con. Also mentioned the 5 years and 80+ tools, thanks to you guys I was able to know how many tools there were. Derryl thought there were more.
    Nice one! Won't bother with the Q&A then.

Blue, you're right... they've really phoned it in this year.

JT, Derryl is wrong! Glad you sorted him out. If you consider that 20+ Titanium tools were re-released Galoob tools, they only did about 65... an average of about 11 new tools per year.

How many new 3-3/4" figs are released each year? Bet it's more than 11....