Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comic-Con Hasbro panel write-up

Check out the fruits of my backbreaking labor:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=2293

This is a near-transcription, so it is a little on the long side. It really is meant to go hand in hand with the slideshow images, but the amount of info in what they said far exceeded the images in many cases.

If you have any questions, hit me up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks!

So what's this SOTE "red lens" thing with the new TIE Fighter? I never really got past the "Fall off a cliff every five steps" level in the old N64 game, so maybe I'm missing something?

Kind of a shame, I was looking forward to buying this TIE Fighter, but now I guess I'll have to pass until we get a screen accurate version.

Sure thing!

It was in the SOTE comic book, I think Yakface showed a picture of this recently.

Their argument holds water, if you've already bought all the other TIE Fighters, this one would be a massive frustration to have exactly the same as the first one only with a new pod.

On the flip side, you could buy the TIE Interceptor and put that pod on the blue wings of the first TIE Fighter. Or you could wait.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The first question took 1:20 to ask....
    Probably the "nicest" way to put that, and, yet, it somehow robs the question of its frustrating neverendingness.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

[FONT=Courier New]Thank you for the write up, it makes a nice supplement to the slideshow presentation.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Probably the "nicest" way to put that, and, yet, it somehow robs the question of its frustrating neverendingness.
    Oh man, totally! I went back to the room 5 hours later and people were STILL talking about that incident. What killed me is that it was a long question, and I knew the answer from within 10 seconds because it's been in Q&A so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Thank you for the write up, it makes a nice supplement to the slideshow presentation.[/FONT]
    Sure thing, I'm glad to hear you guys are able to glean something out of it, that's why I put in the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh man, totally! I went back to the room 5 hours later and people were STILL talking about that incident. What killed me is that it was a long question, and I knew the answer from within 10 seconds because it's been in Q&A so many times.

Sure thing, I'm glad to hear you guys are able to glean something out of it, that's why I put in the effort.
    That was the guy with the Brooklyn accent, wasn't it? He was several feet in front of me and CrunchyNug at Mattel's store line the previous day and I got annoyed then as he was asking questions to everyone else in line as well as SDCC security and the Mattel staff.

Tycho said he fell asleep during the panel and he only asked about the Eopie after asking me whether they mentioned it or not. And Derryl addressed him by first name as well.

On the flip side, you could buy the TIE Interceptor and put that pod on the blue wings of the first TIE Fighter. Or you could wait.
    Actually, I would have probably had to juggle some things in order to afford both this year, so it really just makes my decision much easier.

Mattel too? Was it about case assortments as well?

Tycho fell asleep there too?!? Geez, it was so embarrassing when we're RIGHT in front of Dave Filoni in the next panel and he's nodding off over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Actually, I would have probably had to juggle some things in order to afford both this year, so it really just makes my decision much easier.
    I meant you could buy ONLY the TIE Interceptor, pass on the red-lens SOTE TIE Fighter, and then merge the wings from the original blue TIE Fighter you already own to the TIE Interceptor's pod.

Mattel too? Was it about case assortments as well?

Tycho fell asleep there too?!? Geez, it was so embarrassing when we're RIGHT in front of Dave Filoni in the next panel and he's nodding off over and over.

I meant you could buy ONLY the TIE Interceptor, pass on the red-lens SOTE TIE Fighter, and then merge the wings from the original blue TIE Fighter you already own to the TIE Interceptor's pod.
    I didn't notice Tycho falling asleep but in the "post a photo" thread he says that he did and that he took the photo during the Transformers panel. Which obviously he didn't because I wasn't at that panel.