Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Arc-170

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This is insane, it really is $80 on their website: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3535392
    [FONT=Courier New]YEP![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Adn seeing them side by side with the TRU exclusive from last fall with two different prices is REALLY insane![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    This is insane, it really is $80 on their website: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3535392
    It's not even exclusive!!!
    Especially when you read the article on the main page has a press release from big H has the SRP at $59.99. That's a $20 mark-up!
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

  3. #23
    Dang, an ARC-170 is just as expensive as those 1:18 airplanes I used to buy, which everyone agrees has gotten to be a rich man's sport now.

    Are they pricing the average fan out of buying mid size vehicles? Or does the majority of collectors not care about these prices and buys them just because they have to have them?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"


    "No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

  4. #24
    Maybe we are being set up to fail. This is a hasbro experiment to see if mid-size vehicles will work at retail. So down the road we could be looking at a better slave I or maybe even a bigger outrider (I wish).

    But if the ARC and the Y-wing don't sell it will be the community at large that didn't make this happen and we won't get any benefits from it. I will probably buy the ARC as it is seems it would have been in ROTS given the chance. I will buy the Y-wing. But the price point seems to be a flat out, line in the sand, put up or shut up by Hasbro and I really don't like it.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

  5. #25
    The thing about that price point is it's too expensive for an everyday kid's purchase so it's gotta be holiday or birthday which is gonna cause CW stuff to move slowly. But I think it is an ideal collector price point (if the item is worth it). Dark Marble is spot on, if they put a BMF style Slave I at that price point they'd fly off the shelves because every collector would have to have it and kids would still be interested. I bet the ARCs will sit and the Y-Wings won't really move until November.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Marble View Post
    Maybe we are being set up to fail. This is a hasbro experiment to see if mid-size vehicles will work at retail. So down the road we could be looking at a better slave I or maybe even a bigger outrider (I wish).

    But if the ARC and the Y-wing don't sell it will be the community at large that didn't make this happen and we won't get any benefits from it. I will probably buy the ARC as it is seems it would have been in ROTS given the chance. I will buy the Y-wing. But the price point seems to be a flat out, line in the sand, put up or shut up by Hasbro and I really don't like it.
    I see your point with the CW Y-Wing. It's a new sculpt, has cool features on it and such. It's one of the vehicles I want, but not the ARC Fighter in Imperial EU colors, and more than double the price of the original ROTS one.
    I could see a maximum of $40 for the ARC in all fairness.
    Hasbro probably doesn't set the prices at retail, but this is just gouging IMO.

    I wonder, with this high price, does the new ARC-170 look like the one on the box? Does it have any weathering? Maybe that would justify it's price, but if it's anything like most ships we've been getting, it probably doesn't have any weathering on it. It would seem we are getting less and paying more.
    There's some people who don't have one so more power to em if they want to shell out the money.

    I'm on board for the new Y-Wing, just like I was for the AT-TE and Falcon (at retail price) I'm doing my part for Hasbro's bottom line.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"


    "No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

  7. #27
    I wonder, with this high price, does the new ARC-170 look like the one on the box? Does it have any weathering? Maybe that would justify it's price, but if it's anything like most ships we've been getting, it probably doesn't have any weathering on it. It would seem we are getting less and paying more.
    It's nowhere near as beat-up as the one on the box, and has no weathering, apart from some blast mark stickers. It's not too bad, though, since the ship is already so dark; the lack of weathering is more obvious/crappier when a ship is light, like the V-19.

  8. #28
    You guys should consider yourselves lucky!
    I was in a local Toys R Us here in Scotland last week, and the standard CW ARC-170 was priced at 30(10 off!!! the sticker exlaimed!), which works out at $50, and the "new" variant that is the subject of this thread is 69.99, works out at $113...(I could take the CW version to an auto shop and THEY would paint it for less!!!)
    So don't moan to me!

  9. #29
    [FONT=Courier New]I was at TRU last night trying to find more Geonosis Assault BP's and the (so far) elusive CW Y Wing, and I saw that they have lowered the price on the ARC-170/Deluxe Vehicle assortment from $79.99 down to $69.99 (it's been lowered online as well: [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3535392[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]This is good news for me because the TRU's in my area have been a lot more fruitful than Target and ESPECIALLY Wal Mart.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]I was at TRU last night trying to find more Geonosis Assault BP's and the (so far) elusive CW Y Wing, and I saw that they have lowered the price on the ARC-170/Deluxe Vehicle assortment from $79.99 down to $69.99 (it's been lowered online as well: [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3535392[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]This is good news for me because the TRU's in my area have been a lot more fruitful than Target and ESPECIALLY Wal Mart.[/FONT]
    Sounds like they finally got a clue! That is good news for you, I bet once they clear up a little shelf room in that assortment the Y-Wings will start to pop up.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO