Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arc-170

Arc-170

Well, I posted a good thread about HASBRO, so i guess now its time for a bad one. I saw the new Shadow ARC-170 (is that what it is called?) at Toys R Us and I almost died when i saw the price tag. $79.99 for a repaint of a vehicle that was what, $44.99 last year? What the hell are they thinking? I mean seriously, almost doubling in price. That is absolutely ridiculous. Looks like that will be a wait until clearance purchase. Seriously though, HASBRO, what are you thinking???

I would love for this to be a question that gets asked to HASBRO in the next Q&A.
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

I know what you mean!! They actually have addressed this in a Q&A stating that the price hike was justified to support the new line of mid-sized vehicles. If they weren't at this price we would not be getting the new y-wing or any others that could come down the pike.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Yeah, I know what they have said, but I also know BS when it is being shoved down my throat .
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

[FONT=Courier New]$79.99?!?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I saw these at Target today for $64.99.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I thought they were only coming to TRU. $15 cheaper, thats real, real nice TRU.

This is the same ship that got the Shark paint scheme for Target and they were $30 then (oh back in 2007 or 2008).

So much a pass...this has to be a justification for the CW Y Wing to be priced the same way...
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car View Post
    ...this has to be a justification for the CW Y Wing to be priced the same way...
    [FONT=Courier New]It is. They mentioned it in a Q+A a while back. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]It is. They mentioned it in a Q+A a while back. [/FONT]
    At least with ARC 170 they could have tossed in a CW pilot & Imp Droid (saga) loose in the box as a thank you & handshake.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car View Post
    This is the same ship that got the Shark paint scheme for Target and they were $30 then (oh back in 2007 or 2008).

So much a pass...this has to be a justification for the CW Y Wing to be priced the same way...
    I didn't even buy that one until after xmas when the price was cut down to $20. And even then it wasn't until I'd put the matching clone pilots and droid in it that I felt I'd made a good decision. There's no way I buy this one. Unless it goes down to $20 again, then maybe.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.