Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by clone157 View Post
    Everything looks correct in your pics, DJ5. On mine, the joints are really tight and it is hard to balance when in the standing position. When you get the stance right, it looks good, but a basic battle droid could knock it over.
    Could I get a photo of just your armature? I'm not sure how best to explain this but on mine there's the "c" part and the the straight piece points up, where as on the instructions, after the "c" piece the straight piece points down. There is no way I could do this on mine without removing the bubble, rotating the little straight piece 180 degrees and then reattaching the bubble.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Bought the Geonosis Assault BP today and I was looking at it and I think one of the joints on mine was assembled backwards. Does anyone have this and have pictures of the armature they could post? If I got a bum one it's gonna be tough to match when I buy a few more pods.
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]DJ5,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]So I looked at your pictures and I looked at the ones I bought and installed and it looks like even though your instruction sheet differs from the actual toy, the pods should "work" when you install them. Mine are constructed the same as yours and I didn't even noticed a problem when I attached them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Not sure if this helps you or not, but I don't think that they would physically work if they were constructed the way they are shown on the instruction sheet.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Good luck![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]DJ5,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]So I looked at your pictures and I looked at the ones I bought and installed and it looks like even though your instruction sheet differs from the actual toy, the pods should "work" when you install them. Mine are constructed the same as yours and I didn't even noticed a problem when I attached them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Not sure if this helps you or not, but I don't think that they would physically work if they were constructed the way they are shown on the instruction sheet.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Good luck![/FONT]
    Looking again at your photos I think I see what you mean. If it went the way it's shown in the instructions they bubble wouldn't be able to face full forward because it would be too close to the exterior bulkhead and would hit before achieving a "12 o'clock" position. I guess I won't mess with my turret then....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Looking again at your photos I think I see what you mean. If it went the way it's shown in the instructions they bubble wouldn't be able to face full forward because it would be too close to the exterior bulkhead and would hit before achieving a "12 o'clock" position. I guess I won't mess with my turret then....
    [FONT=Courier New]Those were clone157's photos, but mine are essentially the same since we both installed them on the Lucky Lekku and have a red ARC captain manning the forward compartment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Okay, so I was totally intrigued by DJ5's original dilemna and started looking closer at the official photos vs. the finished product and did a little of my own investigating.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It turns out that the pod CAN detach from the post/arm. See the pics below for proof. It takes a little effort, but they will pop right off. And as you can see from the pics, if they came the way they are displayed in the official photos, they simply wouldn't work right.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New](I found my 3rd set last night and decided to experiment).[/FONT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1744.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	21296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1745.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	21297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1746.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	21298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1747.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	21299   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1748.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	21300  

So is it true that the pilots in these sets aren't just the Evolutions one, but rather the SA body with a removable helmet? If so, then this set just got even cooler in my mind. Too bad there are none around here.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    So is it true that the pilots in these sets aren't just the Evolutions one, but rather the SA body with a removable helmet? If so, then this set just got even cooler in my mind. Too bad there are none around here.
    Yes (RS has them featured if you want to check the details http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBPGeonosisAssault.asp) That's cool that they are SA now. The original one was kinda dated in articulation and swivel elbows.

I could use two of those to pilot a Gunship and put a regular clone in the pod like the movie, as the pilots don't go in there anyways, so it's really not a waste. Though a bummer you have to buy two sets to get another pod, then that's two more pilots for another Gunship, and so on and so forth. Too bad they don't offer alternate helmets to make them just Clones so you don't end up with too many pilots.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Yes (RS has them featured if you want to check the details http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBPGeonosisAssault.asp) That's cool that they are SA now. The original one was kinda dated in articulation and swivel elbows.

I could use two of those to pilot a Gunship and put a regular clone in the pod like the movie, as the pilots don't go in there anyways, so it's really not a waste. Though a bummer you have to buy two sets to get another pod, then that's two more pilots for another Gunship, and so on and so forth. Too bad they don't offer alternate helmets to make them just Clones so you don't end up with too many pilots.
    The Evolutions one was only lacking the waist articulation . . . the elbows were also ball-jointed. I saw that on RS and so I asked here, since nobody had mentioned the new body before.

Whenever I get these, I'll just use the extra pilots for the AT-TE. Problem solved.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yeah was talking about the very first one with the baby turret, swivel elbows. I have the Evolutions one, both versions.

I guess if you switched the helmets. Got plenty Phase II Troopers for my AT-TE already.
    Trying to think where I have some extra infantry helmets besides the Evolutions pack. Use what I have of course.

One Evolutions Pilot in the RS pics with the yellow trimmed armor they call an Engineer.
    I thought he was a Commander Pilot?

Ok, now that they have a really nice Pilot, lets see the same pack with a couple of Arc Troopers. Just repaint the helmets with blue trim and vualla, two Pilots for my shark nose Gunship! Then I would buy another set for the other pod.

Yeah right.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"