Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack

For me, this set is one of the highlights of what was shown at Comic-Con. Red Leader, his astromech, and the Rebel Technician all made our top 25 ANH list, and the Rebel Technician made the overall top 50 (Phase 2 method, but not Phase 3). Plus, we get the transport.

It is hard to tell from the picture, but Red Leader figure looks to be a pretty good likeness of what we saw in the restored hanger scene. The Rebel Technician looks like it might be a repaint of the Rebel Honor Guard. I like the color scheme of the R5 unit.

This is one of the few action packs that I want for the entire action pack instead of just one or two of the figures. If I see this puppy on the shelf, nothing is going to keep me from buying it.

I mostly collect Rebel pilots, droids, and imperial ground troops. So this meats two out of three of the requirements of my focused collecting. Plus, it comes with a small vehicle.

And I LOVE the R5 unit.

I'm not completist on pilots, but I have begun to focus on getting more of them, so I'm for Red Leader, but I'm definitely completist on astromechs, so the droid is awesome. I'm especially happy to get droids that go with pilots.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

This and the pics of the ANH wave were the most exiting to me. I just may get two of these for the vehicle alone and I'm sure I'll have multiple dioramas I could set up Red5 & his droid.

I just wish the vehicle ladders we saw in the canceled Target accessory packs from around '02 would have come with this pack.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

I'm all over this set. I've wanted that R5 for a long, long time.

Well worth $20!

I'm just surprised there's no Leia, Luke Han, or Chewie in the set! Which is Awesome!! I'm really excited about the shuttle thingie.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I agree! This set is going to SELL.

The Rebel Flight Technician was on my poll (at No. 11 I think) back in 2004-'05. Then he made MSP's poll as well. This figure is long overdue.

Red Leader (Garven Dreis) always comes close, too. I'm digging that they made his astromech as well.

And the darn transport! I think JT figured that seats folded down from it to carry the pilots. I'm not sure about that, or if it's just the smaller version of one of those that Han Solo used to load his "reward" on. I'd take either-or, though I'm not sure Han was actually using a smaller one - or if it wasn't just the same prop. I'm always watching him and Luke interact in that scene and not the cart.

But I really want this set and love the value I see in it!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The deep dark recesses of my brain.
    Yeah, THIS is the complete package. New sculpts, great repaint (R5), fresh new vehicle. All for $20. That's an excellent deal. Again as stated I'll buy two sets then hope that Hasbro single cards the Rebel Technician so I can get 8 more of him.
    Move along, move along

Well, I don't think they're new sculpts:

The Yavin Honor Guard is re-used for the Rebel Flight Tech.

Any number of X-wing Pilots are re-used for Garven Dreis.

You just have new heads, that's all.

Then the R5 droid is just a re-paint. It was very easy for Hasbro to put together a very highly demanded set out of existing tooling and surely a remarkable profit for them on this single item piece. - Not that we care. Where do we line up to buy it?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I like both the battle packs pictured there. WIll get them both
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten