Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Clone Wars Battle Packs

I have some questions about the upcoming battle packs just shown at Comic-Con:

Ambush at Abregado (Target) - Who are the 2 Clone Troopers and is the Plo Koon a repack?

Assault on Ryloth (Target) - Who are the 3 Clone Troopers and is the Mace Windu a repack?

Also the helmet shown with Mace doesnt have the coloring on it, I hope HASBRO fixes this.

Rishi Moon Outpost Attack - Who is the Clone Trooper? Also the Commando droid was shown in the slide presentation wearing a helmet along with the clone trooper, but in the hasbro display it wasnt shown with it. Does anyone know if it will include the 2nd helmet?
    Message me on facebook for a quicker response: http://www.facebook.com/wesleyjamessr
    SSG RECOMMENDED TRADERS: BIG MAC, cohens4, Dar' Argol, icatch9
    I am getting rid of my entire carded/boxed collection. I have almost every variation from POTF2. If there is anything you need, just let me know.

Ambush at Abregado has Boost and Sinker. Assault on Ryloth has Cody, Waxer, and Boil. Both the Jedi look like repacks, but their accessories might be different. The Clone Trooper looks to be generic, and I don't even know if his helmet is removable. I suppose it could double for any of the shinies in that episode; hopefully they name him on the package, as I'd love a dedicated Hevy figure. It looks like the helmet will be included in the set, as we've already seen boxed photos of this set.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Bought the Geonosis Assault BP today and I was looking at it and I think one of the joints on mine was assembled backwards. Does anyone have this and have pictures of the armature they could post? If I got a bum one it's gonna be tough to match when I buy a few more pods.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Bought the Geonosis Assault BP today and I was looking at it and I think one of the joints on mine was assembled backwards. Does anyone have this and have pictures of the armature they could post? If I got a bum one it's gonna be tough to match when I buy a few more pods.
    [FONT=Courier New]This is one of the few items on my hot list right now.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]What store did you find them at?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]How many did you find? Are they packing them 1 per case?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Can we see some pictures?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Other than the armature, how does the turret look?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Are the pilots super articulated or repacks of the Evo clones from 2005/2006?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

What store did you find them at?
    I spent all day searching and found only one at a Target (the largest Target near me)

How many did you find? Are they packing them 1 per case?
    Just one. I really sincerely believe they are packing them one to a case with the Battle for Endor and Gelegrub patrol and maybe the Jabba's CW set (there were a ton of those darn Jabbas!).

Can we see some pictures?
    Sure, I'll post a few this evening.

Other than the armature, how does the turret look?
    My biggest concern was that the bubble looked really big and I was concerned that it wouldn't look very good with the gunship. Now, my gunships aren't accessible at the moment but after getting my hands on one of these it appears to be as small as they could make it. The armature is pretty sturdy and can swivel to cover just about any angle from the gunship bay doors. It is a little tight in the pod and I had a really difficult time getting the clone into the seat and to get him to grasp the controls. I still couldn't get him to grasp both control handles at the same time.

Are the pilots super articulated or repacks of the Evo clones from 2005/2006?
    The pilots are the exact same as the ones that came with the Evo set in 2005 and were again released last year in the imperial pilots evo set. In fact, after cramming them into the ball, I really wish that they had given the pilots ball jointed hips because after leaving him in the turret over night and his hips had really started to get messed up. Also, the non film-accurate paint jobs don't really do anything for me.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

[FONT=Courier New]Thank you for answering all of my questions.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have 8 gunships, so these things are going to be a b***h to get my hands on, especially if they are packed 1 per case (nice work, Hasbro).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I think at this point, I will settle for outfitting only 4-5 of my gunships with these turret packs.[/FONT]

I only have two gunships and to outfit both of them could really be a chore. I can't imagine trying to get my hands on 10 of these sets. Also, it cost me $28 and change after tax. So far it's not cheaper to get them online but it's probably a heck of a lot easier. So, here are the pics... the first one is the two clones so that hopefully you can get a good look at them with the turret behind for size, the second is a clone in the turret in an artillery position, third is an straight vertical to give some idea of the posibility of the armature (the pod rotates 360 degrees on the last joint of the armature and the armature rotates 360 degrees at the base but they are both really stiff joints and only move about 45 degrees at a time), then two photos of the instructions to show what the armature is supposed to look like and what it would like like clipped into a gunship.

As you can see on mine the short connector between the "C" part and the pod turns up before connecting to the pod but on the box and instructions it looks like it should be angle down. I might be able to detach the pod, turn the little arm down and connect the pod back into the other side but I want to make sure that really is how it's supposed to be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1778.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	21183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1782.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	21184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1785.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	21185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1788.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	21186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1789.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	21187  

My friend confirmed only 1 gunship turret per case plus 2 repacks & Vulture's Claw set from CW. Oh well.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

[FONT=Courier New]Thanks for the pictures. Yeah, it's going to be a chore for people to outfit existing gunships + buy ahead for future releases. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I may end up going online to get all the ones that I "need".[/FONT]

So two of these packs and you've spent more than you did if you bought a Gunship when they originally came out.

It looks cool I have to have at least two to outfit one Gunship. Though now I want the definitive Gunship with the full doors. A TRU exclusive, it's not going to be cheap either. Might wait a while, or sell my ROTS grey one and my Command Gunship to pay for all this.

I can put them on my AOTC one for sure though, as it's the only accurate one from the films anyways. Unless the TRU exclusive comes with the optional decal nose art, instead of painted on, I won't be buying that either, as I want one that's AOTC and ROTS accurate.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"