Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SW in Concert

Talking SW in Concert

While I still hate Ticketmaster, I got a couple tickets to see and hear this travelling show. It's on Fri. 10/2 in Anaheim for me. Anyone else looking forward to it?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I'd look forward to it if they were doing any damn shows in the midwest area, particularly Ohio and/or MI. Hopefully they'll announce more dates in the coming weeks cos i'd LOVE to see this. I saw the LORD OF THE RINGS concert premiere in the U.S. when it opened in Columbus many years ago. Howard Shore conducted it himself; it was an amazing show.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I still haven't decided if I'm going to it. Part of me wants to, but I'm not sure who to take or if it'll be worth the drive. How much are the tix at Anaheim?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I still haven't decided if I'm going to it. Part of me wants to, but I'm not sure who to take or if it'll be worth the drive. How much are the tix at Anaheim?
    JT, there are also a couple shows at Nokia later in October. But there were three levels of ticket prices: $85 (seemed to be on the floor), $55 (I assume this is a lower to mid level in-the-arean seats area; this is where I bought), and $35 (probably behind some column on in the bathroom ... or the upper levels of HC).

I suppose it would make things easier if this thread had the link to the site, as I don't think it's against the rules (it was a SSG news item).

http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

Howard Shore did this a scant few years ago with LOTR. You think Mr. Williams would have done same a couple of decades ago.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

According to the Honda Center map, my tickets are still in the upper level, and a middle-of-the-alphabet letter row; just how much farther up are the $20-less tickets, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    JT, there are also a couple shows at Nokia later in October. But there were three levels of ticket prices: $85 (seemed to be on the floor), $55 (I assume this is a lower to mid level in-the-arean seats area; this is where I bought), and $35 (probably behind some column on in the bathroom ... or the upper levels of HC).
    Thanks, good to know. Nokia is way better to deal with than Anaheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    According to the Honda Center map, my tickets are still in the upper level, and a middle-of-the-alphabet letter row; just how much farther up are the $20-less tickets, then?
    Blimp seating.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The preview I saw seemed exactly like what they claimed it wasn't: a screen showing movie clips while the orchestra plays.

For the price they're charging, I'd go if it were John Williams. As it is, I'll just keep listening to my soundtracks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I thought Billy Ocean was conducting.............
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!